ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see the games live tell me..

Boomboom521

All-American
Mar 14, 2014
is it concerning that Adrian is our leading scorer? I love the guy, but he seems like a kick back shooter. Is he working in the post? Do we not have a player like Williams in the post playing consistently on offense? Do we have a player like Paige, that can drive and score?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I was just wondering if the offense looks good or not. All I got are stats

Too early to tell........obviously Huggins is experimenting with his team rotation and giving lots of young guys some minutes. To answer your OP, Adrian has been solid from all over the floor. Hitting threes, grabbing lots of rebounds, and in general being the team leader at this point. The new big men are showing some real promise.......

Here's a clip from last nights game-

Reactions: Boomboom521
Too early to tell........obviously Huggins is experimenting with his team rotation and giving lots of young guys some minutes. To answer your OP, Adrian has been solid from all over the floor. Hitting threes, grabbing lots of rebounds, and in general being the team leader at this point. The new big men are showing some real promise.......

Here's a clip from last nights game-
Thanks.

Off-topic... ...but everytime I see Adrian I think 'Sunshine' (Remember The Titans).

I've seen them live twice. Nate Adrian is playing very well. He's been hustling like crazy, which has given him some points and rebounds. He seems like he's all over the court.
The team is playing very unselfish ball. It's all good.

Last edited:
I never thought Adrian was that bad, just always had trouble staying on the court due to fouls. He looked pretty good last year especially when Holton was banged up for a few games, and I think we are seeing the work he put in this past offseason. Adrian has been here 4 years and we are seeing that. To me, that is not a bad thing. I think if Adrian continues to play like this, WVU will reap the benefits. He reminds me of Cam Thoroughman (SP) with a better shot. Cam was pretty damn good for us. Hustled, played smart, went to dirty areas, find open man and execute good passes, get rebounds, won 50/50 balls, etc.

Last night during his talk show, Huggins compared Adrian to DaSean in that he's a good/smart leader on the court and can tell guys what they are doing wrong and what they need to do. He's like a 2nd coach or a player coach on the court. Good basketball smarts

Just my opinion but Kanate and West have a all around higher ceiling than William and Holten. Rebounding and put backs will be where they will need to help. Holten was very good on defense and rebounds but by committee we may not see much of a drop off. Overall depth is going to be better......me thinks. Need to see a few more games after rotations start to define.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT