ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone listening to the WVU-UK game?

Op2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2014
Tony has said like 3-4 times on this FG at the end of the half that the kick "bounced off the upright and back onto the field and they ruled it good." He makes it sound like the ball didn't to through the uprights but the officials called it good anyway, which is unlikely. Anyone hear it or see it? Tony is usually pretty articulate but on that one he sounds strange.

Haha I heard him say it 3 times. Not sure what was going on but I thought it was no good after his call.

I hadn't listened to WVU football on the radio for a long time before today. While Tony is good at using words his voice it just kinda flat and bland. And whoever the color commentator is is just as bad. It's pretty boring listening on the radio, although it's better than nothing.

That was bizarre. At one point he said it fell "over the pylon" or something, which made it even worse.

Kick bounced off the upright, went between the uprights and hit the ground behind the upright, and then bounced back to the front of the uprights. 3 points - enuf said!

Reactions: BarbieQdCouch
It hit the upright, went thru the upright and landed on the ground...just not the "playing" surface...it landed outside of the endzone.

I always listen to the Tony's radio broadcast, every football and basketball game. Turn down the TV, synch the play by play. No one better in my opinion. I have listened to Paul Keels calling Buckeye games since I am local, and its not even close. I grew up doing the same with Jack and Woody, so I am might be biased just a little....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT