ADVERTISEMENT

Any One Projected to Red Shirt on BB team upcoming season?

Woodie

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
Winchester, VA
With what would appear to be an excess of talent (if even such a thing), I would think there may not be enough playing time to keep everyone happy.. Giving a couple of the younger guys a chance to gain some maturity and strength by red shirting would normally be a good option, but the incoming freshman may be the most talented of the bunch.

With what would appear to be an excess of talent (if even such a thing), I would think there may not be enough playing time to keep everyone happy.. Giving a couple of the younger guys a chance to gain some maturity and strength by red shirting would normally be a good option, but the incoming freshman may be the most talented of the bunch.

Just my opinion but if we stay with the press i’d say no one red shirts unless they are get hurt

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
If Sags comes back maybe. But this amount of talent could actually see us platoon a bit in PressVa.

I think if they can contribute now, especially on defense, they’ll play significant minutes. Can you imagine continually having rested players on the floor?

Players who can’t redshirt:

West
Harris
Haley
Bolden
Gordon
Routt
Knapper

Chase Harler would be wise to redshirt to give himself two full years of grad-transfer eligibility if/when he can graduate in 3 years next spring as is being planned

Huggs doesn't normally redshirt unless there is an injury problem. That said, why with the possibility to transfer out would any coach shirt a player??

If Sags comes back maybe. But this amount of talent could actually see us platoon a bit in PressVa.

With Sags ranking 2nd among centers as the NBA combine, I think chances of him returning to WVU dropped dramatically. Good for him. Not so much for WVU. I wish Sags well, though. If he can control his temper he could have a good pro career.

With Sags ranking 2nd among centers as the NBA combine, I think chances of him returning to WVU dropped dramatically. Good for him. Not so much for WVU. I wish Sags well, though. If he can control his temper he could have a good pro career.

If Sags doesn't get a shot at 1st or 2nd round he will come back. Huggins will tell him if you can go 1st or 2nd round then go.

Some Draft Combined Stats:
Konate put up a time of 12.28 seconds in the lane agility drill (testing side-to-side motion and quickness), 3.36 in the shuttle run, 3.28 in a three-quarter court sprint, 31.5 inches in the standing vertical jump, and 35.0 inches in the max vertical. His lane agility time was second among players listed as a "center." His standing vertical of 31.5 was the highest among all forwards and centers who participated, although his max vertical (able to take a few steps then leap) was below average. Needless to say, that first part especially backs up what we all saw this season - Konate can stand by the rim and get up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT