ADVERTISEMENT

Ante Up Folks

MeBlow

All-Conference
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2002
Vernon and others often post that WV has no NIL money to compete at high level in football. A common phrase is that we only have so many big monied supporters.” As if that as an absolute and that nothing can be done about. I say bullshit. How many people are Blue Lot members? How many people are avid fans and are willing to own up and help with NIL. What is 10,000 people commit to contribute $1,000 annually to improve the funding for NIL. 10,000 x $1,000 is $10 million. Times $2,000 is $20 million. You mean to tell me that among the fans, friends, and alumni of West Virginia University cannot come up with that kind of activism and support? I’m calling BS! I will commit to either of those amounts right now, but this will only work if organized, managed, and participation of a large number of let’s say “small monied donors.” So Vernon and Keenan, help me get it going. And if we can’t do this, we deserve exactly what we get, and the fans on this board and elsewhere are not what they say or think they are. And that is the truth of the matter!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News