ADVERTISEMENT

And they're worried about the crowd noise?

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
Maybe it's just me, but it sure seems like the Oklahoma players and Coaches are more worried about what kind of crowd they're going to have come this Saturday than what kind of game they're going to bring into Memorial stadium against us!

Here read these quotes from an article on their main board about the type of crowd they're hoping for:

"We experienced that [sic excitement] going on the road in Tennessee. When you have a loud stadium and the fans are getting after it, it makes a difference and it makes a huge difference"

On hoping to get a rowdy turn-out for an 11:00am start:
"I know it's hard for fans. We've seen it in the past. When we take our walk in the stadium and there's a lot less people around and a lot less excited atmosphere," said senior center Ty Darlington. "This is a game we need it." ...really Ty?

...finally on gaining an edge based on how juiced up the crowd is:
"For the fans, we need them loud," said Darlington. "I think we experienced at Tennessee what a crowd can do to a game and how the crowd can affect a game. I've never experienced anything like that before. If we can have that on our end, for our home games and the way Tennessee affected us, that would be incredible."

O-K so you guys can't get yourselves cranked up for us? What if your Fans chose to sit on their hands after we smack you guys around some? How 'ya gonna respond to that? BTW, nice way to set up your fans using them as an excuse for your inability to get fired-up for what could be one the biggest games you'll play all year! Way to go Sooner loosers!!!!!

If I were Stoops, I'd be coaching my guys to be less worried about how amped up that crowd will be --and more focused on how they're going to respond when a very fired up West Virginia team hits them right in the mouth!

Let's spank these Sooner cream-filled cupcakes!:boxing:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News