ADVERTISEMENT

Alec Baldwin says “let coal die”. Days later, he kills someone on set of his new movie.

One company is working on making batteries more efficient. They ran experiments prior to getting additional funding. So, they aren't real life examples, and even those results were off the charts. They are basically going to take a battery that is currently the size of a large beer can and reduce it to the size of a backgammon piece and make it more environmentally friendly while doing it. That way you can attach it to damn near anything. These batteries will be 10x smaller, last 20x longer and store the electricity for 5x longer. In addition, its not a lithium-ion battery. So, you don't have to worry about how to get rid of a brick of lithium, which is bad for the environment, when its dead after 5-10 years.

Company was valued at $5M, and is now going for a Series B at an eval of $100M. No government subsidies necessary. The idea that the coal industry doesn't get subsidies as well is silly. The valuations of these companies and the shareholder value they are going to provide will be an order of magnitude more than a coal company...many of which are loaded up w/ debt. A similar company just went public via a SPAC and is now valued at $10B. You get some scientists to work on this in WV instead of how to bring coal back, and then you'll have some real money in the state to buy WVU a national championship.

Here is a snapshot of the tech:

In April, the technical team prepared and successfully tested a
basic Phytocapacitor device (comprised of a single pair of Phytocapacitor electrodes) infused with a solid
polymer electrolyte material for enhanced electrical conductivity into/out from the electrodes. The test by
an independent battery-testing lab showed high performance characteristics for the device, despite it being
assembled by hand and loosely enclosed in a pouch (rather than tightly machine-packed in a hermetically-
sealed cannister for optimal electrical connectivity/conductivity between the components). For example:

• The single pair of Phytocapacitor wafers – similar in size/dimension to a stacked pair of backgammon
discs – achieved 55% higher voltage than an industry-leading supercapacitor the size of a large (“oil
can”) beer can.

• After 3,000 charge/discharge cycles (the lifespan of a typical lithium-ion battery), the crude device
showed only 25% capacity degradation, already much better than typical lithium-ion batteries, such that
a properly-configured and commercially-assembled Phytocapacitor product should achieve less than
10% capacity degradation at that charge/discharge-cycle milestone and should continue to perform
effectively for thousands of charge/discharge cycles beyond the usable life of lithium-ion batteries.
With every previous post, you solidified the rationale for Manchin to do what he’s doing and with this one, you just spiked the football for agreeing with him.

You might want to check out the current price of coal or just continue to be an arrogant pr!ck and faux New Yorker, it's your choice.
LOL. The current price of coal. Coal is back! So, high energy prices are a good thing now?

LOL. The current price of coal. Coal is back!
Your stupid words, and not mine. Coal isn't dead. Did you check out the price of coal? It's too bad for your sake that China and India don't agree with you. You hate Trump because he shares your personality flaws, and is from your adopted home. You see orange man in the mirror every morning, don't you?

ITT coal sniffers get triggered. The black lung is strong in this crew. I apologize. I didn't realize this was a coal safe space.

d56a0266d7c9357dffb3ad6b055dbe9d.jpg

ITT coal sniffers get triggered. The black lung is strong in this crew. I apologize. I didn't realize this was a coal safe space.
It's not. I say let the most economical method win. No govt subsidies. No govt subsidies to build charging stations. The energy has to be made. Creating electricity should be by the cheapest means possible. Govt continues to drive up costs by fiat.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Your stupid words, and not mine. Coal isn't dead. Did you check out the price of coal? It's too bad for your sake that China and India don't agree with you. You hate Trump because he shares your personality flaws, and is from your adopted home. You see orange man in the mirror every morning, don't you?
Pointing out the price would assume he understands how the free market works. This is an error so many conservatives make when trying to make a point with Marxists. They don't want the market to work. They want the elites to have full and total control of all phases of the market. They will decide the winners and losers based on #1 how to enrich themselves and #2 their Marxist ideology.

Its certainly a better option than coal as you said, but it should only be viewed as a transition to cleaner energies like wind and solar. Right now those technologies are too expensive to be fully viable options. Although, in several years that is going to change. The technology behind it is advancing at an incredible rate...both the efficiency of turning wind/solar into electricity and the amount of energy that batteries can store and for how long.

Right now the increase in efficiency is happening in 2-3% increments. There are companies out there now though that are testing technologies that can increase the efficiency by 50%. Therefore, cars will be able to run for longer. You don't have to wait as long to charge your EV battery. EVs are already becoming less expensive. And wind and solar is going to become very competitive with natural gas.

This ship has sailed. GM, Ford, Volkswagen, Mercedes, etc are only going to be selling EVs in 5-10 years. Coal is dead. Its not a debate. Its a fact.

Those involved in coal need to figure out what to do, or they'll be left behind.
Good thing I still got my Yugo...

One company is working on making batteries more efficient. They ran experiments prior to getting additional funding. So, they aren't real life examples, and even those results were off the charts. They are basically going to take a battery that is currently the size of a large beer can and reduce it to the size of a backgammon piece and make it more environmentally friendly while doing it. That way you can attach it to damn near anything. These batteries will be 10x smaller, last 20x longer and store the electricity for 5x longer. In addition, its not a lithium-ion battery. So, you don't have to worry about how to get rid of a brick of lithium, which is bad for the environment, when its dead after 5-10 years.

Company was valued at $5M, and is now going for a Series B at an eval of $100M. No government subsidies necessary. The idea that the coal industry doesn't get subsidies as well is silly. The valuations of these companies and the shareholder value they are going to provide will be an order of magnitude more than a coal company...many of which are loaded up w/ debt. A similar company just went public via a SPAC and is now valued at $10B. You get some scientists to work on this in WV instead of how to bring coal back, and then you'll have some real money in the state to buy WVU a national championship.

basic Phytocapacitor device (comprised of a single pair of Phytocapacitor electrodes) infused with a solid
polymer electrolyte material for enhanced electrical conductivity into/out from the electrodes. The test by
an independent battery-testing lab showed high performance characteristics for the device, despite it being
assembled by hand and loosely enclosed in a pouch (rather than tightly machine-packed in a hermetically-
sealed cannister for optimal electrical connectivity/conductivity between the components). For example:

• The single pair of Phytocapacitor wafers – similar in size/dimension to a stacked pair of backgammon
discs – achieved 55% higher voltage than an industry-leading supercapacitor the size of a large (“oil
can”) beer can.

• After 3,000 charge/discharge cycles (the lifespan of a typical lithium-ion battery), the crude device
showed only 25% capacity degradation, already much better than typical lithium-ion batteries, such that
a properly-configured and commercially-assembled Phytocapacitor product should achieve less than
10% capacity degradation at that charge/discharge-cycle milestone and should continue to perform
effectively for thousands of charge/discharge cycles beyond the usable life of lithium-ion batteries.

There are lots of cool things that are scientifically possible, but making them affordable and reliable for the consumer is something entirely different.

Gas/coal is dominant because it's cheap and works....so to replace it you need something cheaper that works better.

I don't care what powers my home and car as long as it works and is cheap. Renewables simply cannot provide realistic competition and actually meet energy needs.

can”) beer can.

May I ask if you work in finance?

I'm not framing that as a negative in anyway, but there are lots of things that look really great on the paper and seem good in a sales pitch, but they are entirely different, "when the rubber meets the road", if ya know what I mean.

I think lots of people will make money on some patents and there will without a doubt be some great future tech stemming from some of this but when it comes down to it I think there will only be one dominant technology which becomes standard - probably for another 100 years.

It will need to be cheap, efficient and universal...

There's tons of history on competing technologies, eventually only one reigns supreme.

Right now we have nothing thay can replace our current standard.

Reactions: Pony Boy1
BTW - I dont think the left really wants Green Energy. The base does but the politicians know it's an impossibility, so for them it's better as a campaign tool to stir up the emotions of their voters.

ITT you tried to appear smart again and got your shit shoved down your throat so now you are trying to belittle the people who know way more than you do instead of just admitting you are a clueless shitbag.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Its certainly a better option than coal as you said, but it should only be viewed as a transition to cleaner energies like wind and solar. Right now those technologies are too expensive to be fully viable options. Although, in several years that is going to change. The technology behind it is advancing at an incredible rate...both the efficiency of turning wind/solar into electricity and the amount of energy that batteries can store and for how long.

Right now the increase in efficiency is happening in 2-3% increments. There are companies out there now though that are testing technologies that can increase the efficiency by 50%. Therefore, cars will be able to run for longer. You don't have to wait as long to charge your EV battery. EVs are already becoming less expensive. And wind and solar is going to become very competitive with natural gas.

This ship has sailed. GM, Ford, Volkswagen, Mercedes, etc are only going to be selling EVs in 5-10 years. Coal is dead. Its not a debate. Its a fact.

Those involved in coal need to figure out what to do, or they'll be left behind.
Toyota 100% disagrees with you. You have turned into the new KKKroads...racist and always wrong.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Meanwhile....

I may have to pull up that old thread where Goofy Bama was bragging about China going green while making fun of West Virginians.

Meanwhile....

I may have to pull up that old thread where Goofy Bama was bragging about China going green while making fun of West Virginians.

Do it! Shaming them is the best thing about digging up old posts.

Look at the hypocritical hollywood union libtards say that they are “too good” to stay at a hotel where homeless people stay (Working on the set of this Baldwin movie)

49525891-10121545-image-m-25_1634936845319.jpg

Look at the hypocritical hollywood union libtards say that they are “too good” to stay at a hotel where homeless people stay (Working on the set of this Baldwin movie)

I'm not defending them, but my point is this, including the John Gruden situation..........

WHEN do we get "privacy"? Emails, texts, recorded phone calls............I'm sick of it. All of it. BOTH sides are guilty. Now these appear to be some sort of social media. Correct? That is different. I understand that. Just ranting.

I find this extremely hilarious. I'm a union member have 31 years vested. As a union member I agree to the contract plain & simple, as a member I vote for the person who negotiates my contract. Vote more gooder stop your bitching. All they have to do is drag up & wait on another call . I tell cry baby bitches at work this all the time , as blue collar workers we have to except that we wont always have it good & some jobs are just gonna suck & that's that . I just left a horrible job driving 70 miles one way to a shithole to work for a complete & total mongrel, finished the job with a smile & headed back to the hills

..stop your bitching & find another job ....

I'm not defending them, but my point is this, including the John Gruden situation..........

WHEN do we get "privacy"? Emails, texts, recorded phone calls............I'm sick of it. All of it. BOTH sides are guilty. Now these appear to be some sort of social media. Correct? That is different. I understand that. Just ranting.
Privacy? We lost that. Thank the Patriot Act

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT