ADVERTISEMENT

After Thursday games, FIVE Big 12 teams in Elite Eight possible

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
In March Madness first round:

Texas blew away Colgate, 81-61.
Kansas shredded Howard, 96-68.
WVU self-inflicted wounds caused 65-62 loss to Maryland, the ELEVENTH single-digit defeat for Mountaineers this season. Painful.

Big 12 is 2-1 in first round.

Friday, Baylor meets California Santa Barbara at 1:30 pm on TNT, Iowa State takes on Pitt at 3:10 pm on truTV, Kansas State meets Montana State at 9:40 pm on CBS and TCU has Friday night’s finale against Arizona State at 10:05 pm on truTV.

6-1 Big 12 first round wouldn’t surprise me, keeping alive mathematical shot at FIVE Big 12 teams in Elite Eight (Iowa State and Texas would meet in Sweet Sixteen if both win in 2nd round). Wouldn’t that be awesome?

WVU self-inflicted wounds caused 65-62 loss to Maryland, the ELEVENTH single-digit defeat for Mountaineers this season. Painful.

Friday, Baylor meets California Santa Barbara at 1:30 pm on TNT, Iowa State takes on Pitt at 3:10 pm on truTV, Kansas State meets Montana State at 9:40 pm on CBS and TCU has Friday night’s finale against Arizona State at 10:05 pm on truTV.

6-1 Big 12 first round wouldn’t surprise me, keeping alive mathematical shot at FIVE Big 12 teams in Elite Eight (Iowa State and Texas would meet in Sweet Sixteen if both win in 2nd round). Wouldn’t that be awesome?
8-7-6-5 in E8. Pretty soon it'll be down to 1 B12-2 team left. By the way, where have you been all afternoon and evening? Keep pumping up the B12-2. That will make tHuggs 'neers look better than their first round loss.

8-7-6-5 in E8. Pretty soon it'll be down to 1 B12-2 team left. By the way, where have you been all afternoon and evening? Keep pumping up the B12-2. That will make tHuggs 'neers look better than their first round loss.
How did moo do in the tournament?

You turds make any post season tournament? Didn't you win 24 games or something....LMAO...too damn funny....

As a turd fan, why do you live on a WVU message board...weird isn't it? You should get a life.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Will you still root for the traitorous Texas and Oklahoma programs after their inclusion in the SEC becomes official? As for me, I wish they both would lose every game they play.

Will you still root for the traitorous Texas and Oklahoma programs after their inclusion in the SEC becomes official? As for me, I wish they both would lose every game they play.
I always root for family. In SEC they're NOT family. I'll root for BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and Central Florida. Cincy will be road game for me as convenient as going to Mountaineer Field. I will always root for every Big 12 team as long as it is in Big 12.

I always root for family. In SEC they're NOT family. I'll root for BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and Central Florida. Cincy will be road game for me as convenient as going to Mountaineer Field. I will always root for every Big 12 team as long as it is in Big 12.
How about a family member that kicks you in the nuts and walks out the door?

I don't give flying flip what other Big 12 teams do in the tournament. Doesn't do anything for WVU.

I don't give flying flip what other Big 12 teams do in the tournament. Doesn't do anything for WVU.
Whadda you mean? Look at the good that came to WVU after Kansas won it all last year. You just lost 7 years off your life buddy.

Reactions: Euell
I've lost about 43 years off my life, due to partying a little too hard since I was 16. Good thing too, because I really didn't want to live to be 138.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and Euell
BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and Central Florida - in the Big 12 yet? Nope. NOT family.

Cyclones can't even score 40 on Pitt. WVU hit 47 in first half alone. No wonder they slapped the Cyclones silly and beat shit out Pitt.

Watching Cyclones getting demolished by Pitt may take a few more off for the Big XII cheerleader.
Iowa State horrible. 0-11 in FGs for 1st 10 minutes, down 20. Couldn't hit the ocean if Cyclones were standing on the beach. So Big 12 2-2 but Baylor will win for 3-2. Maybe 5-2 by end of day. Big 12 still by far best conference in America. And probably will win THIRD STRAIGHT national title. No matter much you like to poke holes in my posts.

Should have only been 5 teams from Big 12 invited to the dance.
Kansas
Texas
Baylor
Kansas State
TCU

Actually, each win by a Big XII Conference team earns the conference over $300K ($338K in last year's tournament) and therefore does help WVU. Perhaps for each Texas win, hold your nose with your left hand and grab the check with your right (no subliminal political message intended).

Actually, each win by a Big XII Conference team earns the conference over $300K ($338K in last year's tournament) and therefore does help WVU. Perhaps for each Texas win, hold your nose with your left hand and grab the check with your right (no subliminal political message intended).
Good point lol.

Iowa State horrible. 0-11 in FGs for 1st 10 minutes, down 20. Couldn't hit the ocean if Cyclones were standing on the beach. So Big 12 2-2 but Baylor will win for 3-2. Maybe 5-2 by end of day. Big 12 still by far best conference in America. And probably will win THIRD STRAIGHT national title. No matter much you like to poke holes in my posts.
Big 12 says thanks for screwing the conference by picking it to win title.

5 Big 12 teams in Elite Eight still possible which would be awesome and drive me to check to see if that ever happened previously.

If 3 seed Kansas State beats 14 seed Montana State and 6 seed TCU beats 11 seed Arizona State tonight then Big 12 will have 5 of 7 teams still in March Madness – Kansas, Baylor, Texas, Kansas State, TCU – which cannot meet till the Elite Eight.

Watched but can’t explain Iowa State’s loss to Pitt. 0-11 start on FGs, about 25 FG misses for the game. Cyclones missed so many shots so badly (airballs, etc.). Not the Cyclones I saw in the Big 12 early and late (middle was bad, but not Pitt game bad).

WVU lost by 2 so it wasn’t embarrassing like Iowa State but 11th single-digit loss this season really stings!

Each win may get the conference over $300,000 but I think I read somewhere that money is not paid in a lump sum. It's spread out over several years. Anyone know the specifics on the payout?

You're right about payments spread over several years. Big 12 got $34.2 million to distribute to 10 teams -- $3.4 million per school. You may not get it in one check but you get it anyway and can use it for your required contributions to Big 12 operations.

You're right about payments spread over several years. Big 12 got $34.2 million to distribute to 10 teams -- $3.4 million per school. You may not get it in one check but you get it anyway and can use it for your required contributions to Big 12 operations.
Your stolen information is not accurate but then again like the idiot Joe in the White House truth is not your strong suit.

But wait doofus...according to your interpretation of your stolen numbers the Big 12 isn't the best basketball conference. You just proved that you are clueless! That's probably because you never went to school beyond 9th grade. Pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT