ADVERTISEMENT

Adam "Pacman" Jones.....Way to go man!

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
When asked about the kneeling during the anthem as a form of protest......he nailed it with his response. To summarize what he said:

"I've been all around this nation.....and there's no better place than America"

"We (Bengals) will be standing for the anthem as a team"

When asked if that means he disagrees with the kneeling as a protest...."Yes"

I see now why 'Pacman' refers to be called Mr. Jones. He stands heads taller than the entire Seattle football team! For the most part.................I AM DONE WITH THE NFL!

Reactions: oldtimes
As a proud veteran that is not a fan of people kneeling during our anthem... ...I also didn't think it was a big deal until the people NOT kneeling made it one.

Ever been to a large sporting event where there wasn't people in the stands being MORE disrespectful ? Keeping hats on...talking...yelling...walking in front of others trying to honor our flag/country ? When is the last time we had a thread about those abuses ?

Last edited:
As a proud veteran that is not a fan of people kneeling during our anthem... ...I also don't think it's a big deal until the people NOT kneeling made it one.

Ever been to a large sporting event where there wasn't people in the stands being MORE disrespectful ? Keeping hats on...talking...yelling...walking in front of others trying to honor our flag/country ? When is the last time we had a thread about those abuses ?

I have said the same thing that I've been to events where people were on cell phones talking loudly during the anthem. My post was about Adam Jones' statements and how he (an African-American in this "oppressed" nation) took an opposite stance.

Reactions: oldtimes
I have said the same thing that I've been to events where people were on cell phones talking loudly during the anthem. My post was about Adam Jones' statements and how he (an African-American in this "oppressed" nation) took an opposite stance.

Mountaineer....................why you have to tell folks what your post was about? I only had to read it a few times to get your drift. Just joking.

Understood.

Truthfully though...he's couldn't exactly be considered part of the oppressed (if they exist). He's wealthy for playing a game....and has traveled the entire nation. Isn't the discussion about the poor (many who have never left their cities) ??

I want to be careful here. I don't support the 'cause'....just expressing that the 'protest' doesn't really bother me.

Bigger names (Ali) have pulled worse crap....again IMO.

As a proud veteran that is not a fan of people kneeling during our anthem... ...I also don't think it's a big deal until the people NOT kneeling made it one.

One is intentional disrespect and the others are most likely not. Sometimes people are oblivious to what goes on around them although I agree that it looks bad. I'm sure a few just don't care.

Understood.

Truthfully though...he's couldn't exactly be considered part of the oppressed (if they exist). He's wealthy for playing a game....and has traveled the entire nation. Isn't the discussion about the poor (many who have never left their cities) ??

I want to be careful here. I don't support the 'cause'....just expressing that the 'protest' doesn't really bother me.

Bigger names (Ali) have pulled worse crap....again IMO.

Don't go jumping on Ali. Ali stated that he simply did not have a quarrel with the Viet Cong. Lots of other good, clean living, honest, God fearing young men didn't either.........until our nations 'leaders' decided to 'draft' and make warriors out of them. They were then sent to far off Asia in the belly of a cargo plane. There they were dropped into a battle zone to participate in a war that someone gave. The results of that war remain to conversation. By the way..................the 'protest' never bothered me either ..................until it went public and grew (think Seattle Seahawks).

Don't go jumping on Ali. Ali stated that he simply did not have a quarrel with the Viet Cong. Lots of other good, clean living, honest, God fearing young men didn't either.........until our nations 'leaders' decided to 'draft' and make warriors out of them. They were then sent to far off Asia in the belly of a cargo plane. There they were dropped into a battle zone to participate in a war that someone gave. The results of that war remain to conversation. By the way..................the 'protest' never bothered me either ..................until it went public and grew (think Seattle Seahawks).

Right... ...he was a draft dodger.

Just simply saying ONE individual should not be singled out (Ali).......

That was my original point too. Hundreds...if not thousands...of people do not honor our anthem at sporting events. ...yet, one guy is being singled out (and what he did was actually more respectful than most other examples).

I witnessed one of our nations elected Senator's keep his hat on during prayer yesterday. Of course, the prayer was held outside prior to the start of a local event. This Senator didn't lose any of my respect for his actions. Why? He wasn't protesting anything. He simply wasn't thinking. Most folks took their hats off but.................what the heck?

I'm with Pacman! I never thought I would say this, but Adam Jones is a voice of reason!

And, yes, he is a true Mountaineer.

Lgm!

"Where are you going? Why don't you walk the wheel with us? What is the matter my American friend? What has upset you? Oh! I know. The bad machine doesn't know that he's a bad machine. You still don't believe it. You still don't believe you're a bad machine? To know yourself is to know God, my friend. The factory knows, that's why they put you here. You'll see... You'll find out... In time, you'll know."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT