ADVERTISEMENT

A question for yous guys from a Pitt fan...

NC Panther

Redshirting
Aug 27, 2002
Terry Henderson as you know transferred to NC State.

Is he any good? Why did he transfer? My brother is a huge NC State fan (long story) and would just like to know as much as I can when I give him sh!t :)

Tks in advance guys.

Terry Henderson as you know transferred to NC State.

Is he any good? Why did he transfer? My brother is a huge NC State fan (long story) and would just like to know as much as I can when I give him sh!t :)

Tks in advance guys.

NCStateBoy................some folks would say TH is good............others say he is pretty good. He transferred right after he made the decision to accept the offer from NC State. I really don't think there is any dirt to be mined on either WV or NC State.

Just my opinion, but I thought losing Terry Henderson to N.C. State hurt more than losing Eron Harris to Michigan State. Henderson has a nice shot and plenty of hops. An ankle injury pretty much cost him the season, though, and you have to wonder if he'll ever come back from it.

Huggs had beef with both Henderson and Harris because of their lazy defense. I don't think either one has a strong work ethic either outside of required practice. Huggs made the comments that both are decent shooters but could be really good shooters if they only put in the effort.

They also couldn't take Huggs style of coaching. That's why they bailed out.

Huggs had beef with both Henderson and Harris because of their lazy defense. I don't think either one has a strong work ethic either outside of required practice. Huggs made the comments that both are decent shooters but could be really good shooters if they only put in the effort.

They also couldn't take Huggs style of coaching. That's why they bailed out.

Let's not put it all on the players (not saying you are, but many of our fans do), but in a sport where you only need to recruit 3-5 guys a year you need to do your due diligence. Huggs should have passed on them because they weren't a fit for the coaching style he likes.

Let's not put it all on the players (not saying you are, but many of our fans do), but in a sport where you only need to recruit 3-5 guys a year you need to do your due diligence. Huggs should have passed on them because they weren't a fit for the coaching style he likes.
DEFENSE!!! They were tired of getting the wrath of the Huggy Bear. Good, close to a great, offensive player. Lacks D and leadership, but will be great in the right place.

Measuring a players character is pretty difficult. Bryant and Staten matured into Huggs-type players. Win some, lose some.

If they are so poor at defense, surely a "Hall of Fame" coach should be able to detect that while watching them play in high school, right?
Why put hall of fame in quotes? Is Huggins NOT going into the hall? A player develops a lot from the age of 18 to 20. I think Huggins believes he can teach those skills to every player he recruits. If the player is willing....he can.

Measuring a players character is pretty difficult. Bryant and Staten matured into Huggs-type players. Win some, lose some.
the New England Patriots would probably agree with that statement..Hernandez is sporting a new "blood 4 life" tattoo in prison.

Why put hall of fame in quotes? Is Huggins NOT going into the hall? A player develops a lot from the age of 18 to 20. I think Huggins believes he can teach those skills to every player he recruits. If the player is willing....he can.

Is he in the hall of fame? Coaches younger than him are.

Joe Alexander played much better with a Huggins coached team than he was with Belien..I don't think it was an anomaly.some of his success could be just a natural maturation process..not all of it..Huggy can coach

Guy stiffs you for one tip and you are still riding his nuts. Stupid millenials.

Its amazing the shit people remember from a damn message board. I guess I don't take it as serious as some. So Huggins stiffed getyanumbers up? lol

I've seen Huggs at a couple places, he's like everyone else. He can be great or be an ass. Depends on his day and company I'd bet.

Its amazing the shit people remember from a damn message board. I guess I don't take it as serious as some. So Huggins stiffed getyanumbers up? lol

I've seen Huggs at a couple places, he's like everyone else. He can be great or be an ass. Depends on his day and company I'd bet.
I dont remember everything on here but some things just stick in your mind.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
If they are so poor at defense, surely a "Hall of Fame" coach should be able to detect that while watching them play in high school, right?

Not really. A kid that has the talent to play in a power league is normally best athlete on the floor night in and night out in HS. Lapses on defense can be covered up by superior speed and leaping ability when your opponents are a couple of steps slow and can barely get off the floor.

AAU ball? Much better opposition but very few coaches on the AAU level emphasize defense. They're trying to showcase players and make some money on the side by selling access to them. Why make your product look bad by forcing them to do things that will diminish that players value in the eyes of college coaches? AAU ball lets college coaches see how players match up with kids with roughly in equal talent and size in their natural positions.

Is he in the hall of fame? Coaches younger than him are.
stallings-kevin031116-getty-ftrjpg_zriwr9668x2t1jdrcpg154f7b.jpg

42% FG

34% from 3

For a SF/PF...... Classic Mofo....

you need to watch the NBA. ..

maybe, you should quote his
(Joe Alexander) NBA stats...when he played for the Bucks which wasn't much, he couldn't hit the ocean...

in the NBA as a rookie player, you miss a few shots they cycle you out of the game....
Alexander made the NBA, for his dunking abilities. ..and rebounding. ...
in the NBA, all power forwards can dunk or hammer dunk if needed...and he wasn't on the court enough to establish rebounding numbers

any other type common sense assumptions
you wish to discuss?

Last edited:

Did you watch Harris play at MSU any this year? He loafed on defense there too. And I hear they have a pretty good coach.

Did you watch Harris play at MSU any this year? He loafed on defense there too. And I hear they have a pretty good coach.

I guess Huggins wasn't smart enough to figure it out watching Harris in high school - so what does that make Izzo after also seeing Harris at WVU?

Maybe even the best of coaches give chances to guys that have certain drawbacks while talented in other areas. Especially when those players are telling them they will do better with their coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT