ADVERTISEMENT

A little delayed, but prayers needed

jerzac

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2007
My 21 year old was coming home from his girlfriends early (1am) on the morning of June 6th. He texts his mom when he is leaving, but she didn't receive it until 2am. At 2:45am, she woke me and said he wasn't home yet. We called his girlfriend and found out he had really left at 1am and we just received the text late. I went out looking for him. His girlfriend had his location on her cell phone. He was stopped.

I went to about the place she said he was and found one of the largest deer I've ever seen dead in the road. I turned around. After hitting the deer, apparently the airbags deployed, he went off the road, went airborne over a guard rail and into a tree. When I found the car, I jumped out and screamed for him. Sweetest sound I've ever heard is when he answered back. Called 911. First responders showed up and called for a helicopter. The medevac was grounded due to fog between our home and Baltimore. They transported him to Meritus in Hagerstown and then on to University of MD Shock Trauma.

His injuries are pretty serious, but it is a miracle he is alive. He has 3 broken lumbar in his back, 6 broken bones in his cheek/eye socket/nose, a broken patella (knee cap), a dislocated thumb, a bad cut over eye and multiple bruises.

They have him in what looks to be a turtle shell (dang terrapins) for his back. They said at his age, the shell will keep the lumbar apart (and not compress) to heal on its own. He has surgery for repair of his face on Friday. They say his eye is fine, but he has some double vision. They say that is from the broken socket and should get better when they fix the socket. We go to the orthopedics today for both the back and knee.

Keep us in your prayers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News