ADVERTISEMENT

A Boxcar Willie tribute to West Virginia

BoxcarWillie00

Freshman
Jan 8, 2018
WVU is a lot like Boxcar Willie.
We never get respect because we are not rich, powerful and good looking.
In the end when the Boxcar Willie's and the WVU's win it is the celebration of the underdog and the little guy.
Tonight I drink my moonshine for West Virginia.
If any of you have a Mountain Mama to send my way go ahead and tell her to be waiting by the Railroad tracks in Morgantown.
I will be through there in June when it warms up.

Reactions: JustCallMeDad
WVU is a lot like Boxcar Willie.
We never get respect because we are not rich, powerful and good looking.
In the end when the Boxcar Willie's and the WVU's win it is the celebration of the underdog and the little guy.
Tonight I drink my moonshine for West Virginia.
If any of you have a Mountain Mama to send my way go ahead and tell her to be waiting by the Railroad tracks in Morgantown.
I will be through there in June when it warms up.
I understand what you're trying to say but for those of us that are rich, powerful and good looking it's as if you're saying we're not true West Virginians. We're just as much a part of this state as the ugly and poor.

giphy.gif

The best thing about Boxcar is...

willieboxcar.jpg

Best thing about Boxcar.....

Was that he was apart of the one of the greatest movements in the county.
Along with the work of a lot of other people the average working man was celebrated as well as other people who are no longer considered to be cool in society's eyes.
The 1970's was one of the greatest times in this country because of this. Too bad this country celebrates an image that the average man can never obtain.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT