ADVERTISEMENT

9 bowl games no one cares about:

Marine03

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2012
By Rolling Stone:
Congrats we both made the list.

Cactus Bowl, Jan. 2, 10:15 p.m.
Arizona State (6-6) vs. West Virginia (7-5)This is the last bowl before the championship game, again featuring a pair of teams with high preseason expectations who managed to nosedive straight into mediocrity. It also kicks off late at night on the East Coast, which means the only people watching this game will be completist freaks who are gathering chills about the prospect of only seeing one more college football game in the next eight months. So, you know, count me in.

St. Petersburg Bowl, December 26, 11 a.m.
Connecticut (6-6) vs. Marshall (9-3)Really, shouldn't Connecticut, the most boring football program in America, go 6-6 every year as some sort of poetic justice for their coach's fabled attempts to generate interest in manufactured trophy games? They'll face a Marshall team that was neither as good nor as interesting as it was last year, but gets rewarded with an early kickoff the day after Christmas in a game still reeling from its harsh breakup with Beef O'Brady's.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...mes-nobody-cares-about-20151218#ixzz3v3ShIuc9
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

By Rolling Stone:

Arizona State (6-6) vs. West Virginia (7-5)This is the last bowl before the championship game, again featuring a pair of teams with high preseason expectations who managed to nosedive straight into mediocrity. It also kicks off late at night on the East Coast, which means the only people watching this game will be completist freaks who are gathering chills about the prospect of only seeing one more college football game in the next eight months. So, you know, count me in.

Connecticut (6-6) vs. Marshall (9-3)Really, shouldn't Connecticut, the most boring football program in America, go 6-6 every year as some sort of poetic justice for their coach's fabled attempts to generate interest in manufactured trophy games? They'll face a Marshall team that was neither as good nor as interesting as it was last year, but gets rewarded with an early kickoff the day after Christmas in a game still reeling from its harsh breakup with Beef O'Brady's.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...mes-nobody-cares-about-20151218#ixzz3v3ShIuc9

We were in Rolling Stone!!!!!

By Rolling Stone:

1. rolling stone is worthless trash....2...the difference is our game will make money whilst yours will drain the state of West Virginia coffers once again just so you all can get 20 extra practices

Really? Considering we are making money once again going to a bowl game. That will make 4 bowl games in a row we made money on.

Really? Considering we are making money once again going to a bowl game. That will make 4 bowl games in a row we made money on.

I'd wait until the financials are disclosed before making that claim. It will be difficult to make anything on a bowl game with a $550k payout.

Don't worry though, I'm a taxpayer in WV, so I'll pitch in my share as usual to subsidize that joke of a program you have.

Reading comprehension escapes you as usual. It's not what money we make on the bowl it's about the national appeal of the bowls itself. Very few people outside of the respective fan bases care about these 9.

I'd wait until the financials are disclosed before making that claim. It will be difficult to make anything on a bowl game with a $550k payout.

Don't worry though, I'm a taxpayer in WV, so I'll pitch in my share as usual to subsidize that joke of a program you have.

See and that is where you are wrong.

First off the Conference pays for each bowl participents travel expenses for the team and travel party(Admins, Coaches families, Band, Cheerleaders)

Then the conference pools each bowl game payouts and Bowl TV revenue and distributes them 2 ways. First the give an equal check to each bowl teams participants. Then a second even check to each football playing member of the conference.

Finally the first $100K in ticket sales go to the school, Any dollar made after the first $100K in sales gets split 50/50 between the school and the conference.

So like I said, Marshall will be in the black(Again) when everything is paid out

Reading comprehension escapes you as usual. It's not what money we make on the bowl it's about the national appeal of the bowls itself. Very few people outside of the respective fan bases care about these 9.

We will see once the ratings come out.

First off the Conference pays for each bowl participents travel expenses for the team and travel party(Admins, Coaches families, Band, Cheerleaders)

Then the conference pools each bowl game payouts and Bowl TV revenue and distributes them 2 ways. First the give an equal check to each bowl teams participants. Then a second even check to each football playing member of the conference.

Finally the first $100K in ticket sales go to the school, Any dollar made after the first $100K in sales gets split 50/50 between the school and the conference.

So like I said, Marshall will be in the black(Again) when everything is paid out

When you sum all of that up ... your expenses will be more than the $550k, so your bowl trip will be a net negative on your conference.

False. Marshall has never been in the black.

I have to be honest with you. This is about the least appealing match up we have had in years. I wonder how excited our team will be to face off in the back yard of someone we won't face again in the next 100 years. If I weren't a WVU fan, I would find it to be a boring matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT