ADVERTISEMENT

5-0 start for WVU in 2016? Why not?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU, if it can get by BYU, could have a 5-0 start against Missouri, Youngstown, BYU, Kansas State and Texas Tech.

Then comes TCU and Oklahoma State, a tough double order of fierce competition.

Then Kansas and Texas (jinx ends?) before Oklahoma.

Meanwhile, we have some Big 12 basketball games to win, what should be a wild and crazy Big 12 tournament and a zany March Madness.

It is, indeed, a great time to be a Mountaineer!!!!

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Of those first 5...K St has been a massive thorn in the Mountaineers side....I like your optimism but that is one game that has never turned out well...let's hope it changes!

Jinx? Texas? Did we not beat them this year in football?

We won't beat KState unless Snyder hangs it up beforehand. We get so outclassed by them....they out-us us.

We won't beat OU or OSU simply because OU will be loaded and OSU will be improved likely. If we don't stomp a mud hole in TCU I will have an aneurysm. Baylor will hopefully be depleted by the time we play them. Outside of those games, I feel if our D is figured out we will do fine.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
There is no reason why this team can't win 9-10 games this season with this favorable home schedule. It only took a mountain west team 3 years to reach double digit wins in this league

Both Missouri and BYU had coaching changes at the end of last season. Mizzou shouldn't be a problem in the opener. BYU has a tough opening series of games before meeting us including Arizona, Utah and UCLA. They may be pretty beat up traveling to the east coast.

I would like to see a win over KSU more than anything, but.... and I'm always cautious with the TTU game.

Beyond that the season is a crap shoot. 7-5.

Both Missouri and BYU had coaching changes at the end of last season. Mizzou shouldn't be a problem in the opener. BYU has a tough opening series of games before meeting us including Arizona, Utah and UCLA. They may be pretty beat up traveling to the east coast.

I would like to see a win over KSU more than anything, but.... and I'm always cautious with the TTU game.

Beyond that the season is a crap shoot. 7-5.
Wow...didn't realize BYU had that sched to start off...nobody can accuse them of ducking that's for sure...pretty serious gauntlet to run off the hop....they will be beat up....

Let's say WVU gets to 4-0 which is very possible. I will like WVU'S chances if it is 4-0 with K-State coming to town. Win that game and get to 5-0 it could end up being the start of a great run. Or epic collapse.

My early before spring game prediction would be 7-2 in conference games and 2-1 for the OOC games.

The losses:
• oSu wins shreds a young WVU D
• Baylor wins it will be a "shoot-out"
• BYU wins again WVU D still developing

Basically i believe The Mountaineers can post a big time winning season 9-10 wins.

The why:
The offense returns a lot of experienced skilled players. Shell will have a break out year. Every QB has improved in the second year in the Holgrosen system. Skyler Howard puts up all american season in his second year as QB. We will have two 1000yd receivers

Possible problems:
The defensive secondary inexperience. New DB's coach. Linebacker inexperience. A overall young inexperienced defense.

Disclaimer:
After spring practice and the spring game my prediction may change and usually does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT