ADVERTISEMENT

3 following Dana to Houston

Washington was toast. Belk is the worst cornerback coach in D1 history.
That was actually the CB coach who came in originally with Holgersen as a WR coach and the next year he moved to CB coach. Cannot remember his name but he was a Harvard Grad and never played CFB before.

Dana made a mistake hiring that guy years ago. Total disaster. Daren Williams or something like that. He was bad. Belk is also that bad. Those guys can’t coach.

Ok that's fine with me. The coaching positions are changed. I care who Brown brings in here. What Dana now does in Houston doesn't really concern us now.

If Dana is only taking 3 with him what’s that say about how he really felt about his own staff at WVU. Ive never dogged Holgy but i couldn’t be more pleased with Brown instead of Holgy now.

We should get the HC from Fairmont Senior so we lock down all the in state studs. That way we don’t lose them to Fairmont State

Understand but many were hoping Belk would stay.
Understood for recruiting, but Coach Brown has also recruited Ga. He maya be comfortable with the CB coach he has at Troy. )might consider bringing him?) Then here are all the folks he knows who might offer a great mix of recruiting and coaching..-novel idea!

Belk wasn’t here long enough to recruit much. He was a bad fit and didn’t want to be here and didn’t plan on being here long. If we are going to get that token inner city recruiter coach then get a former WVU player that wants to be here a while. Stop hiring some inexperienced southern dope that comes 1-2 years and leaves. He mostly brings severe leftover chumps anyways from GA or the south. It’s bad.

I think these are 3 big, but replaceable losses.

Carrier is obviously good. I feel like this is inarguable. He vastly accelerated the development of a QB turned WR. He's also a good recruiter. But WR coach is an easily replaceable position coach. Most receiver coaches are good recruiters. They're usually young and cool.

Dorchester was good. His hit rate on guys rated in the mid 3 star range is pretty good. And his hit rate in lowly rated players was EXCELLENT. He found some legitimate diamonds in the ruff to come here and be solid players. Some better than solid.

Belk is a toss up. Time will tell who he really got us, but on paper, he pulled some nice players from GA. And I disagree that he's some type of horrible coach. I feel like college football fans need to accept that 90% of college corners just aren't good. It's too difficult a task for most of these 20 year olds to cover the athletes they're covering mixed with the schemes these crazy OC's are dialing up. You should expect to have one legitimately good corner per non blue blood school. And we kiiiiinda had that this year. I do think we saw improvements from several corners, though. Who knows if that was Belk's coaching or just natural player progression, but it was there.

Belk's loss really isn't as big, though. Because Brown and some of the guys he's supposedly bringing with him have roots in GA and the other Red States. Some even have the exact roots Belk did in Valdosta.

These 3 were good at their jobs, but I don't think the program will be on it's knees begging for any of them to come back.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Belk hasn’t signed with Houston according to wvmetronews. Think he waits to see what happens w Gibby?

Belk wasn’t here long enough to recruit much. He was a bad fit and didn’t want to be here and didn’t plan on being here long. If we are going to get that token inner city recruiter coach then get a former WVU player that wants to be here a while. Stop hiring some inexperienced southern dope that comes 1-2 years and leaves. He mostly brings severe leftover chumps anyways from GA or the south. It’s bad.

Shut up Greg.
No one believes you.

Chavas Rawlins bro

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT