ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE 2018 visitors this weekend

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Still trying to gather information on any other possible visitors and it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple come in under the radar but here is the information I have on who is coming this weekend.

Gooden was visited by the West Virginia coaches in back-to-back weeks and plans to take his official visit to West Virginia this weekend after previously making trips to Arkansas, UAB and Louisiana-Lafayette. Gooden has a number of high quality offers but there seems to be a hold up here with several programs which could benefit West Virginia. He has yet to see the campus but has prototypical size and obvously would address the need on the defensive line. He won't enroll until the summer obviously but will have three years to play two.

Brown is committed to Kansas after choosing the Jayhawks following an official visit there last weekend and initially planned not to visit Morgantown. However, after being visited by the coaches he plans to take the official visit to West Virginia and has built a solid connection with offensive line coach Joe Wickline. West Virginia has indeed offered and he is a unique story in the sense that he didn't play any football until he arrived at junior college. He will have three years to play two.

Joining Brown will be his older brother Joe Brown, who is a guard prospect that also has received an offer from West Virginia. He also was at Eastern Arizona and originally signed with Miami out of high school before leaving the program. He has one year remaining right now but did tell me that there is a possibility for two.

Cooke has been on the radar for West Virginia for quite some time and was especially impressive this past summer during one of the summer camp sessions. Things cooled for quite sometime but he's now back in the picture and told me that he will be taking an official visit to West Virginia this weekend. If things have progressed well here this will be a situation to watch.

I really think West Virginia is in a good spot for all of these prospects depending on how the visit goes and things unfold over the weekend. I'll dig for anymore possible names.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News