Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 7-6

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • 8-5

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • 9-4

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
Then, stop posting about WVU sports or commenting towards others who do post about WVU sports. Go find an academic message board and discuss the classrooms, tables, chairs, books, etc. there. This is a SPORTS message board. It's easy for someone to hide behind the "I'm all about the welfare of the university" statements when times aren't very good. Then when times are great, that same someone becomes superfan #1. Go figure....

Superfan #1? Like one of those guys with no shirts and body paint? No thanks, that's not for me.

When times are great, I'm happy about it. I enjoy the good times. When WVU has a bad or average season my life doesn't change. Fans can't win or lose. WVU athletic programs aren't separate from the university. Those are actual WVU students playing in the games, they live in the dorms and go to class, ect. It's a school, dummy.

If having to stomach the university is that difficult for you, there's always the NFL.

Take the dadgum game for what it is. Entertainment. I have directed TorontoEERs to send Holgs an early Christmas present for his enjoyment. Two tubs of pickles! Send your mailing address to TorontoEERs if you would care for a tub of Christmas pickles. For free!

There's nothing wrong with expressing displeasure with the football program. I've interacted with countless other WVU fans who shared their opinions in a reasonable fashion (including on this board). Other folks just want to be misfits and are eager for their misguided and uneducated opinions to be heard - and heard over and over and over again. They are broken records and obviously desperate for attention.

the OP is correct. Following WVU should be a hobby. No grown man/women should ever live vicariously through a bunch of teenage student athletes. If so, I would question their maturity level and low self esteem as an adult.
you can't be serious..you've consistently used the term "mouth-breather" in reference to anyone who's not in lock step with your opinions...

Tcu has won 10 games twice since being in the big 12. If Wvu had a coach that knew how to manage games and would actually recruit a division 1 QB then there is no reason we couldn't do the same. If Gary Patterson was Wvu's coach we would have had better records than 7-5 the past 2 seasons. There is no way Tcu could have competed for Big 12 titles with Holgorsons incompetent play calling and clock Management. The Big 12 maybe better than the Big East but on most years the conference is severely overrated. Stop the typical mouth breathing, mediocrity defending excuses

This is the truth that hurts and can't be ducked unless you're an ostrich. TCU did it, from a lower conference than WVU. So it could have been done, but wasn't. We need to stop making excuses and start winning more games. WVU should be in the top half of the Big 12, at the minimum, because there always are 3 or 4 bad teams in the Big 12 (Kansas, etc.).

I'd say that the measuring standard for WVU should be: What's the Big 12 record compared to TCU?

That's fair enough.

Now, let's beat the Devil out of the Sun Devils. 8-5 sure looks better than 7-6. Ask Terry Bowden.

I tried to vote but for some reason I can't so I will just post it. 8-9 wins and I will be fully confident Dana is the man for the job. Another 7 or 6 win season and I think it might be best to explore other options.

Reactions: WVUDisciples
The sad part is for myself personally anyways is the K State game really rubbed me the wrong way. After the ups and downs of this past season if we finish that game with a win I'm feeling good about the bowl and next season. I know to some people that might seem strange but I would be much happier with 8-4 over 7-5. It would have told me " ok WVU wasn't on the level of the top 4 Big12 teams but we are close and we are making progress. Crazy looking back how close WVU came to having a 9 win season. I think a 9 win season and everyone is feeling good.

The sad part is for myself personally anyways is the K State game really rubbed me the wrong way. After the ups and downs of this past season if we finish that game with a win I'm feeling good about the bowl and next season. I know to some people that might seem strange but I would be much happier with 8-4 over 7-5. It would have told me " ok WVU wasn't on the level of the top 4 Big12 teams but we are close and we are making progress. Crazy looking back how close WVU came to having a 9 win season. I think a 9 win season and everyone is feeling good.
That is exactly how I feel.

Now, let's beat the Devil out of the Sun Devils. 8-5 sure looks better than 7-6. Ask Terry Bowden.
lol yeah I'll ask Terry Bowden since his Akron Zips barely beat a 6-7 Utah State juggernaut out of the almighty MWC. We all should get tips on how to win at that high level. Everyone knows the MWC is on par with the Big 12 lmao!!!

I hope I am wrong, but I can see us losing 7 games next year..

lol yeah I'll ask Terry Bowden since his Akron Zips barely beat a 6-7 Utah State juggernaut out of the almighty MWC. We all should get tips on how to win at that high level. Everyone knows the MWC is on par with the Big 12 lmao!!!
You are... Marshall!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT