ADVERTISEMENT

1990 Penn State game

WV Bruno

All-Conference
Dec 10, 2015
I was overseas during the early 90s so I bought copies of some of the WVU games from that era. I watched the first half of the 90 PSU game last night. People like to gripe about Doege. Greg Jones was horrible. The OL that year was bad as well. Injuries being a huge factor. Also, no receivers on the level of what we currently have in the program. You could see Baker was going to be good, though. Now I would take those two tailbacks. Jones and Beasley were hard runners. There were some good players in that front seven. Graham looked good as did Ellis and Grant. That front seven looked pretty good. Secondary so so but weak at one corner. # 43 missed some easy blocks here and there. ;) That team could have been pretty good without the injuries and Major returning for his senior year. Typical PSU team of that era. They were hardnosed and physical. Darren Perry. Wow. Forgot to add. Did not realize Harvey Smith's brother was on that PSU team and caught a nice td pass that game. Yep those backs had nice YPCs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News