ADVERTISEMENT

17 things to know about March Madness - WVU and B12 references

JLW71073

All-Conference
Aug 7, 2003
A lot of B12 references throughout plus WVU being included as one of the teams that could win it all.

2. Tons of teams are really good. The top tier is big and pretty darn good. When I count teams that could win it all, I come up with 17 (in alphabetical order): Arizona, California, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, West Virginia, Xavier. Admittedly, some of those teams (Texas, the Pac-12 schools) would be long shots. Still: This kind of parity is silly.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...ness-oklahoma-sooners-duke-blue-devils-030116

We definitely have a chance. We are a legitimate top 10 team, and the clear cut #1 team in the regular season (Kansas) we beat, were also the only Big XII team that gave them a run on their floor while we were missing a starter.

That said there are some matchup nightmare teams that could expose us, but if the bracket opens up for us, I don't foresee a lesser seeded team knocking us off.

Count me in! I think a few things have happened to WVU to cause some of the losses on the season that are more Big12 related than WVU related. Playing teams twice has given opponents chances to try and figure out how to beat the press, Holton being gone for the first time, a less experienced team in Madison Square Garden that didn't know how to finish, having teams like Oklahoma and Kansas not sleeping on WVU, Texas having a historic shooting game, bad shooting from the line. Point is these are things you won't see in the NCAA tournament and teams not having experience against WVU and also time to prepare. A National Championship might be a dream but a Final Four is definitely a reality. And let's face it if WVU gets hot enough to make a Final Four run a National Championship becomes a reality.

We have the talent to compete with anyone. Pretty good at every position. Very deep. Hard to prepare for. Very hard working. Like anyone else, we need to get favorable match ups and stay healthy.

Reactions: xgunnx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT