ADVERTISEMENT

14th in B12 was right prediction just early.

This basketball team just has nothing going for it.
They were picked 6th but it was a different team then and Huggins decided to be an idiot. I've seen every Big 12 team now and the way we play defense we will be lucky if we're not 0-18.

This season is a wash and Wren has a list of coaches and I'm sure he's reached out already.

WVU is a very attractive place to coach basketball, imo. We are a historic winner, have great facilities and a good fan base. Baker should have no problem finding someone to come rebuild, with plenty of time to do it. His womens basketball hire looks to be on point. I hope he hits it out of the park with the mens team.

Not giving up on the team or the coach. I find it disgusting those that do but I'm sure my opinion is of no consequence. This coaching staff and players are doing their best to represent the university properly and are trying to win. It isn't their fault a hand grenade landing in their laps. If you are giving up, just go away. Constant whining and belly aching does zero good. Everyone that visits this board know your opinion and no need to rehash the Huggins situation or the lack of depth on the roster.

Not giving up on the team or the coach. I find it disgusting those that do but I'm sure my opinion is of no consequence. This coaching staff and players are doing their best to represent the university properly and are trying to win. It isn't their fault a hand grenade landing in their laps. If you are giving up, just go away. Constant whining and belly aching does zero good. Everyone that visits this board know your opinion and no need to rehash the Huggins situation or the lack of depth on the roster.
The guy is not a HC. Entire staff has no experience. There is a reason he is called interim. Get over it.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
The guy is not a HC. Entire staff has no experience. There is a reason he is called interim. Get over it.
Have to agree with that. You can't fault Eilert for the bucket of poop he inherited, but to me he just doesn't come off as head coaching material. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems that he also knows it.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Yes, he is an interim. He did inherit a mess. He is doing a fine job under the circumstances. After the season, I'm confident an appropriate evaluation will be made. All I'm saying is be a Mountaineer fan and have some understanding and perspective.

Yes, he is an interim. He did inherit a mess. He is doing a fine job under the circumstances. After the season, I'm confident an appropriate evaluation will be made. All I'm saying is be a Mountaineer fan and have some understanding and perspective.
What is your point? No one named you the authroity on fandom except yourself, weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: xWVU2010x
The entire free board asks that every time you post.
Awww, your feelings are hurt because I chose to forgive a human for making a mistake, WFF. How special of you for sticking with being a total authoritarian douchebag so well. Are you proud of it? Perhaps you and BRU/VGA can hold and comfort each other a little bit about Huggins and mean old me. I bet you would make a super couple!

Awww, your feelings are hurt because I chose to forgive a human for making a mistake, WFF. How special of you for sticking with being a total authoritarian douchebag so well. Are you proud of it? Perhaps you and BRU/VGA can hold and comfort each other a little bit about Huggins and mean old me. I bet you would make a super couple!
Doesn't change the fact that he screwed his own team.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
It will all work out in the long run. Baker will find a really good coach. Huggs was near the end of his career anyway.
Doesn't change the fact Huggins royally screwed up. I hope he finds the help he needs and can once again enjoy himself as a favorite mountaineer.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Doesn't change the fact Huggins royally screwed up. I hope he finds the help he needs and can once again enjoy himself as a favorite mountaineer.
He messed up for sure, and the way it looks he did find the help he needs. The dude has obviously kicked the habit, which is good. Sometimes trouble can be used for good things and I am glad he found it in him to use it as a wake up call to stop drinking instead of letting it crash him further. Sad to say but without the DUI he would still be drinking every day. He is losing his drinking weight now though.

I think Huggs should go into podcasting. He is blunt, not PC at all, and tells it like it is. I think it would go over well with most people....

Last edited:
Damn...I really triggered you...look at that post. LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT