ADVERTISEMENT

14,000 plus WVU Coliseum Saturday 6pm vs Iowa State revenge

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Huge road win vs red hot Baylor and what a bounce back much needed win. Next 2 at home in Morgantown. 6pm Saturday night will be rocking coming off the big Baylor victory. Let’s get the momentum back and get hot again. This is the time to do it. We got screwed by refs vs Kansas basically. We bounced back and it’s a Saturday night game coming vs Iowa State who beat the brakes off us a few weeks ago in Ames. REVENGE!

Let’s revenge these next 2 vs Iowa State Saturday night and set up a blockbuster Big Monday vs Texas Tech at 9pm on Senior Day honoring Dax and Jevon Carter on their final home game in the WVU Coliseum. Jevon should get emotional ovation. It will be special. Les get these 2 wins and beat Texas after that on road and take 4 in a row going into a Big 12 tourney. We still got everything to play for.

Reactions: pressvirginia
Huge road win vs red hot Baylor and what a bounce back much needed win. Next 2 at home in Morgantown. 6pm Saturday night will be rocking coming off the big Baylor victory. Let’s get the momentum back and get hot again. This is the time to do it. We got screwed by refs vs Kansas basically. We bounced back and it’s a Saturday night game coming vs Iowa State who beat the brakes off us a few weeks ago in Ames. REVENGE!

Let’s revenge these next 2 vs Iowa State Saturday night and set up a blockbuster Big Monday vs Texas Tech at 9pm on Senior Day honoring Dax and Jevon Carter on their final home game in the WVU Coliseum. Jevon should get emotional ovation. It will be special. Les get these 2 wins and beat Texas after that on road and take 4 in a row going into a Big 12 tourney. We still got everything to play for.
The biggest problem of late (outside of the second half collapses) is the need for consecutive wins. Get tonight's and Saturday and we could see a different team finishing up this season.

Even against Baylor a 28-point lead dwindled to 12. Always happy for a W but these 2nd half saggings are making me nervous. And getting T's for their mouthing is a bad sign, too. Again, happy for the W.

Wow! Love your much needed positive energy!

Look - I remember praying for an NCAA bid year after year...Gale had some great teams and players in my day - NOBODY was better than Greg Jones. I know, I played against him on the coliseum floor in 1981. I was on the baseball team playing for conditioning. I came in thinking I could play basketball, I left shaking my head. Oh yeah, Diego McCoy and the man Lester Rowe were on the floor as well. After a while, I tried to hide.

Anyway, the legend that is Bob Huggins will get the most out of this team that is possible. Who knows what that will be? I know that when Da and KJ led us to a Big East Championship, and a Final Four, I cried real hard. This team has the talent, and plays hard enough, to make a huge deep run. Or not. They may continue to give up late leads. Not sure how that happens over and over again. Of course, when you see the debacle that was Higgins at the Phog (2-35!) that can't be overcome at any level of basketball.

I think in the tourney, no matter what our seed, if we play to our potential we play for several weeks. LGM!

Reactions: pressvirginia
If we can’t split with ISU then we shouldn’t even accept our NCAA bid.

Warm late Febuary temps and a 6pm tip-off on a Saturday night in Morgantown. It doesn’t get any better than that. Huge game Saturday night as we need the back to back wins to get 21-8 coming into Big Monday showdown against Texas Tech. Jevon Carter senior day needs to be special so we need the momentum. Plus we should move up in rankings after Saturday win with 2 wins thus week. We need #3 seed in both tourneys. It would be nice. Hell maybe #2 if we win Big 12 tourney.

Even against Baylor a 28-point lead dwindled to 12. Always happy for a W but these 2nd half saggings are making me nervous. And getting T's for their mouthing is a bad sign, too. Again, happy for the W.
God you nattering nabobs of negativity piss me off when you can't just enjoy a win without having to add your, we won, but.............

Let’s get it rocking Saturday night. Must win number 21. Iowa State revenge. Should be 14,000 plus. Let’s get hot now.

God you nattering nabobs of negativity piss me off when you can't just enjoy a win without having to add your, we won, but.............
Keyser..............quoting Spiro Agnew. Very nice!! I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Haven't you been paying attention? EVERY team in the Big 12 is dangerous.

Just ask Oklahoma, which the #1 player in America, how dangerous Iowa State is.

Or Iowa, a Big 10 school.

Iowa State had a 9-game winning streak. I don't care if you're playing Little Sisters of the Poor, 9 without a loss is difficult to achieve..

The Cyclones have beaten the Mountaineers twice. OK, one was Appalachian State but the other was WVU, a 93-77 walloping.

Iowa State beat Texas Tech, too.

There are no gimmes in the Big 12. And that includes Iowa State.

WVU needs to win out, win the Big 12 tournament and maybe even March Madness. This is the year, full of zaniness, for that to happen.

And send an 85-year-old WVU alum to his grave with a smile on his face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT