ADVERTISEMENT

11 months ago, Big 12 reached out to Pac 12 about a merger

Dec 27, 2017
As this was rumored and later “confirmed”. Now look at the situation. If Oklahoma and Texas would have left after this announcement, the big 12 would have been dead for sure.

They will have no choice but to merge right now. When the SEC finishes off ACC then WVU will go from little 12 to AC-who.

Reactions: 1duluth1
The end game is constantly growing super conferences that will pickup the best from the rest until the “other” programs become insolvent. Sad state of affairs.

Sadly, WVU will be tier 2 when it’s all done

Probably, although I’m pretty much at the point of not caring anymore. Ever since I enrolled at WVU the AD has been on the defensive on this front and it’s just exhausting to care about what will happen to WVU sports any longer. End of the day, the school will field teams and I will watch when I can.

It will be interesting to see if the SEC and B1G try to kick out some of the schools they made with “tv markets” at top of mind like Mizzou, Rutgers, and Maryland as well as schools who have essentially been “grandfathered in” even though if the B1G and SEC could have a redo they almost assuredly would not be part of this new wave of college sports (Northwestern, Vandy).

As someone had said earlier...Welcome to the NFL G League.

Big 12 currently 2nd tier.
Do you think - when the dust settles - "Tier 1" (BIG, SEC) will play ANY games against "Tier2" ACC/PAC/B12? Will it become a total separation? Or will we became the new Ball State - and still play SEC/BIG - but only as a visiting team - to take our whipping and collect our paycheck?

I think about some of the teams that came to Mo'town since 1990: Wisconsin, Ohio St, Auburn, Notre Dame, LSU...
I am guessing they never visit again.
-Tim

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT