ADVERTISEMENT

10 years ago today - Josh Lambert hits a 55 yard field goal to beat Texas Tech in Lubbock

Mog

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
This one was particularly fun for me given all the shit I went through to get to the game. I made the mistake of booking a flight that had the last connection of the day between Houston and Lubbock. Got delayed out of Pittsburgh and missed the connection in Houston. The best they could do was get me standby on a flight that would arrive in Lubbock an hour before the game, so obviously I either had to drive across state myself or just head back home. Basically I drove 9 hours across the state in the middle of the night. At one point I went an hour without passing a car in either direction. I was driving 85 and could have gone faster, but I just wasn't alert enough at 3am to do it safely. Got to the hotel, took a 1.5 hour nap, and headed to the game. Couldn't have asked for a more satisfying finish.

All fans talk shit to the opposing kicker practicing on the sidelines, and Tech fans were worse than most. So after the kick it was a lot of fun to see Lambert run back to the sidelines and give it right back to the students. Not much they could say at that point- dude just hit a game winning 55 yarder. Good times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.