ADVERTISEMENT

“We (I) hold these truths to be self-evident…”

WVex-pat in GA

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2007
Ellijay, GA - High above the Coosawattee River
1. – I’d rather be the #4 or #5 team in the Big 12 than the #1 team in the AAC or C-USA.
2. - With a good maintenance schedule and regular updates Mountaineer Field/Milan Puskar Stadium will last a minimum of 20-25 more years.
3. – If the Big 12 is left out of the CFB Playoffs again this year or next, expansion will come rapidly.
4. – Rich Rod will never coach a WVU Football team ever again.
5. – Notre Dame will never join a CFB conference until the NBC money goes away.
6. – WVU will never be invited to join the SEC.
7. – Beer sales are a good thing for WVU & CFB as long as policies are in place and enforced to restrict over indulgence.
8. – WVU BB has a better chance of winning a NC before the FB team does.
9. – Our true Big 12 rival is Texas.
10. – PITT SUCKS

Amen, brother. I agree on all points, except for Rich Rod. We all know the story how he left WV to take a job with more $$$. Facts are, he had WVU one game away from the national championship game and has turned a mediocre Arizona program into a relevant program. If Holgs left for whatever reason, I would hope we would be grown ups and would consider Rich Rod part deux along with other viable candidates.

Steve Spurrier/Urban Meyer is never going back to Florida. Phil Fulmer is never going back to Tennessee. Mack Brown is never going back to Texas. Rich Rod is never going back to WVU. All for the same reasons; it would be too divisive for the fan base. Could Rich Rod coach up the team? Of course.

Can WVU, or any university for that matter, afford to alienate a portion of its fan base? Never!

Last edited:
Amen, brother. I agree on all points, except for Rich Rod. We all know the story how he left WV to take a job with more $$$. Facts are, he had WVU one game away from the national championship game and has turned a mediocre Arizona program into a relevant program. If Holgs left for whatever reason, I would hope we would be grown ups and would consider Rich Rod part deux along with other viable candidates.
:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

1. – I’d rather be the #4 or #5 team in the Big 12 than the #1 team in the AAC or C-USA. Well yea... ...but I'd still prefer number 1, 2, or 3 in the Big 12. If WVU had their pick of a P5 conference then the Big 12 would have been 4th. ....that doesn't mean our new conference is embarrassing.
2. - With a good maintenance schedule and regular updates Mountaineer Field/Milan Puskar Stadium will last a minimum of 20-25 more years. Really, it could last much longer than that... ...that doesn't mean it should. The cost of construction is like healthcare...completely out of control with no end in sight. Plus, our goal isn't to always have a middle of the pack Big 12 stadium, right ? .....give it time and the kids we recruit will be more than happy to answer that question without ever actually hearing it.
3. – If the Big 12 is left out of the CFB Playoffs again this year or next, expansion will come rapidly. Maybe. A conference championship game would be more likely (first) though
4. – Rich Rod will never coach a WVU Football team ever again. Most likely true...but not because it would divide fans. So many things need to lineup (to hire any coach) for this to happen it's mind boggling. You could name any coach and you'd probably end up correct.
5. – Notre Dame will never join a CFB conference until the NBC money goes away. My only thought regarding ND is to write I almost never think of the school unless another person mentions them.
6. – WVU will never be invited to join the SEC. Time....never say never...WVU, in the right situation (after time) may not even accept an invite if it were to happen.
7. – Beer sales are a good thing for WVU & CFB as long as policies are in place and enforced to restrict over indulgence. Mmmmmmm.beer.
8. – WVU BB has a better chance of winning a NC before the FB team does. I agree...but not because I think our basketball program is anything close to special.
9. – Our true Big 12 rival is Texas. While I'm sure Longhorn fans are flattered...they don't give WVU a second thought outside of game week.
10. – PITT SUCKS
Yep, PITT sucks, VT blows, and Miami takes it up the arse. ....sorry... ...something I'd post back in the older BE days....

As much as I like this I think our emerging B12 rival is Baylor. We've lost to them twice in Waco and they have lost twice to us in Morgantown. Has anybody else split with them the last four years?

HurdyGurdy, the answer to your question so far is no. However, each of Baylor's 4 remaining Big 12 opponents this year will be able to say the same with a win over the Bears. Something fun for us to watch down the stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT