ADVERTISEMENT

“Change the Culture “

apeters95

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2005
Homosassa, FL
I thought it was very interesting when Will announced he was coming back that our transfer WR receiver from Alabama commented that we needed to change the culture. I would have to agree with him. I feel our program has achieved below expectations and have been in a rut that 6,7 or 8 wins a year is OK. Yes the 10 win season was great and much was made about it and well deserved.

I will never accept that VPI and Clemson should annually out perform us. What do they have that is sustantially different that we have to offer. Yet nationally they are perceived at a higher level than us year over year.

Let 2018 be the season that puts us in the spotlight and keeps us there. Not one and done but the team that places us in Natioanl revelance and keeps us there for awhile.

Blue Lotters don’t help with their narrow views and perceptions of some. I have been to many tailgates sponsored by our Alumni Associations where I have met the most negative fans that ever existed. Why go through this if it makes you miserable. Find something else to whine about. When you are playing you have no idea these people exist. You just think that everyone supports you. Then you graduate and get into the real world and find out many fans really were not with you and expected you to fail.

Really sucks. Then you read from some that out of state players are under valued. Bowden learned quickly he could not win solely by recruiting WV. Pretty ridiculous concept.

Finally point is we should expect more and hold ourselves to a higher expectation. You can only achieve what your vision allows. Let’s do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.