ADVERTISEMENT

You know I miss the old Big Least...the matchups

Tonycried

All-American
Aug 6, 2004
with I-AA foes UConn and USF and such. I always enjoyed the WVU - U of L tilt which kind of degenerated into the home team hosing the visitor. I remember the League apologizing to U of L for the screw job they got in Morgantown. Those were fun times ...but no question football wise you've landed in the big time in the Big 12. Some great WVU player too, Pat White, Steve Smith, etc.

with I-AA foes UConn and USF and such. I always enjoyed the WVU - U of L tilt which kind of degenerated into the home team hosing the visitor. I remember the League apologizing to U of L for the screw job they got in Morgantown. Those were fun times ...but no question football wise you've landed in the big time in the Big 12. Some great WVU player too, Pat White, Steve Smith, etc.

Here is what I received from this post:

1. UConn, USF, and U of L all made it over the hump.

2. Marshall didn't.

3. Those three have all have multiple victories over respectable teams in the last decade

4. Marshall doesn't.

5. They all graduated from their lower markets to a larger one.

6. Marshall was removed from the MAC and now presides over the old Sun Belt and Charlotte.

I agree Tony, WVU is a great team and will make for a great game.
As far as UCon, USF & UCF, now that we are FBS maybe we can get some rematches with them!

GSU 10 - UCF 1
GSU 2 - USF 0
GSU 1 - UConn 0

2. Marshall didn't.

3. Those three have all have multiple victories over respectable teams in the last decade

4. Marshall doesn't.

6. Marshall was removed from the MAC and now presides over the old Sun Belt and Charlotte.
Brutal!

2. Marshall didn't.

4. Marshall doesn't.

U of L hasn't beaten the Herd in nearly 40 years! USF and UConn in their current state would not be .500 I-AA teams! Bulls and Huskies are simply putrid!

U of L hasn't beaten the Herd in nearly 40 years! USF and UConn in their current state would not be .500 I-AA teams! Bulls and Huskies are simply putrid!

So you are saying that victories over a team make you superior to that team? Are you 12-0 against them?

Certainly doesn't make them inferior as you suggested! Whenever I get bored I watch a replay of the USF-Uconn game from last season, played on a Friday night, it was the two worse teams I saw on the field at the same time all last year! A total trainwreck but couldn't stop watching it! If that consitutes " getting over the hump" as you suggested much rather dwell in the valley!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT