ADVERTISEMENT

Yes RPJ, Bush lied

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
and so apparently did alot of other people, lol.

1.) Read the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq’s W.M.D programs. “Baghdad has chemical and biological weapons as well as missiles with ranges in excess of UN restrictions; if left unchecked, it probably will have a nuclear weapon during this decade,” the report reads. The report goes on to say it has “high confidence” that “Iraq possesses proscribed chemical and biological weapons and missiles” and “Iraq could make a nuclear weapon in months to a year once it acquires sufficient weapons-grad fissile material.”
2.) Read Bob Woodard’s account of then-CIA director’s George Tenet’s briefing of the George W. Bush on the eve of the Iraq war. According to the Washington Post journalist, Tenet told Bush that it was a “slam dunk case” that Iraq had W.M.D.s. Tenet later said he was taken out of context, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and, in any event, Tenet doesn’t deny he was fundamentally confident that Iraq possessed W.M.D.s.
3.) General Tommy Franks, who led the invasion of Iraq in 2003, writes in his book that he was not only told by Egyptian and Jordanian leaders that Iraq possessed W.M.D.s, he was also told that Saddam would use them against invading American troops.
4.) Former CIA agent Kenneth Pollock has noted that the world’s most vaunted intelligence agencies, including some of those who opposed the war in Iraq, all believed Saddam Hussein possessed W.M.D.s. These include the intelligence agencies of Germany, Israel, Russia, Britain, China and France.
5.) As President Obama contemplated whether to authorize the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, he was told by CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell that the evidence indicating that Iraq had W.M.D.s before the Iraq war was “much stronger” than the evidence that bin Laden was living in the Abbottabad compound. “And I’m telling you, the case for W.M.D. wasn’t just stronger—it was much stronger,” he told the president.
In fact, Morell recently published a book where he reiterates the aforementioned point and emphatically states that the Bush administration did not pressure the CIA whatsoever to conclude there were WMDs in Iraq.
“The view that hardliners in the Bush administration forced the intelligence community into its position on WMD is just flat wrong,” he writes. “No one pushed. The analysts were already there and they had been there for years, long before Bush came to office.”
This is similar to the conclusion of 2005’s bipartisan Robb-Silberman Commission.

"We closely examined the possibility that intelligence analysts were pressured by policy makers to change their judgments about Iraq's nuclear, biological, chemical weapons programs, " the report reads. "The analysts who worked Iraqi weapons issues universally agreed that in no instance did political pressure cause them to skew or alter any of their analytical judgments."

You may hate Bush and hate our Iraqi involvement, but it is simply false that Bush lied to take us to war. You may want to challence Bill Clinton on his belief that Iraq possessed WMD because he believed it as well.

and so apparently did alot of other people, lol.

1.) Read the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq’s W.M.D programs. “Baghdad has chemical and biological weapons as well as missiles with ranges in excess of UN restrictions; if left unchecked, it probably will have a nuclear weapon during this decade,” the report reads. The report goes on to say it has “high confidence” that “Iraq possesses proscribed chemical and biological weapons and missiles” and “Iraq could make a nuclear weapon in months to a year once it acquires sufficient weapons-grad fissile material.”
2.) Read Bob Woodard’s account of then-CIA director’s George Tenet’s briefing of the George W. Bush on the eve of the Iraq war. According to the Washington Post journalist, Tenet told Bush that it was a “slam dunk case” that Iraq had W.M.D.s. Tenet later said he was taken out of context, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and, in any event, Tenet doesn’t deny he was fundamentally confident that Iraq possessed W.M.D.s.
3.) General Tommy Franks, who led the invasion of Iraq in 2003, writes in his book that he was not only told by Egyptian and Jordanian leaders that Iraq possessed W.M.D.s, he was also told that Saddam would use them against invading American troops.
4.) Former CIA agent Kenneth Pollock has noted that the world’s most vaunted intelligence agencies, including some of those who opposed the war in Iraq, all believed Saddam Hussein possessed W.M.D.s. These include the intelligence agencies of Germany, Israel, Russia, Britain, China and France.
5.) As President Obama contemplated whether to authorize the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, he was told by CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell that the evidence indicating that Iraq had W.M.D.s before the Iraq war was “much stronger” than the evidence that bin Laden was living in the Abbottabad compound. “And I’m telling you, the case for W.M.D. wasn’t just stronger—it was much stronger,” he told the president.
In fact, Morell recently published a book where he reiterates the aforementioned point and emphatically states that the Bush administration did not pressure the CIA whatsoever to conclude there were WMDs in Iraq.
“The view that hardliners in the Bush administration forced the intelligence community into its position on WMD is just flat wrong,” he writes. “No one pushed. The analysts were already there and they had been there for years, long before Bush came to office.”
This is similar to the conclusion of 2005’s bipartisan Robb-Silberman Commission.

"We closely examined the possibility that intelligence analysts were pressured by policy makers to change their judgments about Iraq's nuclear, biological, chemical weapons programs, " the report reads. "The analysts who worked Iraqi weapons issues universally agreed that in no instance did political pressure cause them to skew or alter any of their analytical judgments."

You may hate Bush and hate our Iraqi involvement, but it is simply false that Bush lied to take us to war. You may want to challence Bill Clinton on his belief that Iraq possessed WMD because he believed it as well.
It's not like Bush could authorize OIF on his own. He received Bi-Partisan Congressional approval. Hillary voted for it and was actually quite Hawkish as I recall. Did she lie to all of us or was she just caving to polling numbers of the country? By RPJs definitions, she is either weak, an idiot, or worse a liar (we know that one is true).

It's not like Bush could authorize OIF on his own. He received Bi-Partisan Congressional approval. Hillary voted for it and was actually quite Hawkish as I recall. Did she lie to all of us or was she just caving to polling numbers of the country? By RPJs definitions, she is either weak, an idiot, or worse a liar (we know that one is true).

I think he is claiming that Bush forced the CIA to alter their intelligence assessments.

I think he is claiming that Bush forced the CIA to alter their intelligence assessments.
The head of CIA has just released a book shooting all of Triple Prick's crazy shit down. I laughed my ass off when I heard him on TV giving time an events. I thought he would be too embarrassed to continue what he perceives in his little brain, and here comes 3P back within a week and renewing his false claims. I could buy the book and share with him the facts, but I did that with Sarah and it seemed to enflame him when I corrected his rhetoric about her and particularly her family including the handicapped kid. He has no class.

Historically, he would wait 3 months before he renewed his lies that had been corrected by someone. He is so screwed up now, he doesn't take a break between his lies and the facts as presented.

The head of CIA has just released a book shooting all of Triple Prick's crazy shit down. I laughed my ass off when I heard him on TV giving time an events. I thought he would be too embarrassed to continue what he perceives in his little brain, and here comes 3P back within a week and renewing his false claims. I could buy the book and share with him the facts, but I did that with Sarah and it seemed to enflame him when I corrected his rhetoric about her and particularly her family including the handicapped kid. He has no class.

Historically, he would wait 3 months before he renewed his lies that had been corrected by someone. He is so screwed up now, he doesn't take a break between his lies and the facts as presented.

This meme that Bush lied is the province of the far left. Most reasonable people, even those that hated going into Iraq, knew that the intelligence assessments showed Iraq to have WMD. Hell, even the UN believed that to be true.

This meme that Bush lied is the province of the far left. Most reasonable people, even those that hated going into Iraq, knew that the intelligence assessments showed Iraq to have WMD. Hell, even the UN believed that to be true.
But the libs were able to hide behind some comments from CIA. This book kicks ass. Will get it as soon as it comes to bookstore. Sounds good.

Saddam needed ass kicked for violating Desert Storm agreement.

But the libs were able to hide behind some comments from CIA. This book kicks ass. Will get it as soon as it comes to bookstore. Sounds good.

Saddam needed ass kicked for violating Desert Storm agreement.

I think Morrell was the Deputy Director of the CIA. I have seen him on tv. Pretty impressive. I plan to read his book. BTW, he is certainly not a Republican, at least overtly.

I think Morrell was the Deputy Director of the CIA. I have seen him on tv. Pretty impressive. I plan to read his book. BTW, he is certainly not a Republican, at least overtly.
I heard an interview with Morrell a while back. One thing that he noted in that interview, in terms of the intel on WMDs in Iraq, was that the assumption was that they had them. He said that is where he would fault the investigation in hindsight. It wasn't that they had evidence to support the existence, but that they didn't have evidence to support the use/destruction of all of the stockpiles.

My impression of Morrell was generally positive. He seems highly non-political, and in this sort of thing that's a huge positive. He had no problems talking about things, analyzing what was done/decided and giving a good explanation of how things could have been done better or the like. I think his book would be a great read.

I heard an interview with Morrell a while back. One thing that he noted in that interview, in terms of the intel on WMDs in Iraq, was that the assumption was that they had them. He said that is where he would fault the investigation in hindsight. It wasn't that they had evidence to support the existence, but that they didn't have evidence to support the use/destruction of all of the stockpiles.

My impression of Morrell was generally positive. He seems highly non-political, and in this sort of thing that's a huge positive. He had no problems talking about things, analyzing what was done/decided and giving a good explanation of how things could have been done better or the like. I think his book would be a great read.

Morrell:

Morrell:

Is he not now in the employee of the Clintons? Very surprising he was so forthcoming.

One of my patients was part of the UN group who went to Iraq before the invasion. He told me back at the time that he was a Republican and that he couldn't vote for W (when he ran against Kerry) because of the manipulation of intel. He cited the aluminum tubes that his group of experts said was not conducive to uranium enrichment but the W admin continued to spout as proof. Also, it is well-documented that the W admin (Cheney especially) continued to tout the alleged Atta/Iraq intel meeting in Prague that the Pentagon's own DIA disputed. Then we had the Curveball guy who was determined to be a fraud but W and Cheney kept repeating the bio weapons lab allegations. And then of course, we had the Yellow Cake/Niger allegation which was disputed by our intel community but repeated by W with the British caveat. This little episode caused on of W's and Cheney's key advisors to be convicted of felonies related to their efforts to shut up Wilson. So this so called "intel that everyone had" was indeed manipulated. W controlled the flow of info-not Congress. Not the press. As a matter of fact, W used Judith Miller, and the mushroom cloud threat to make his case. These guys lied us into war and anyone paying attention knows it.

One of my patients was part of the UN group who went to Iraq before the invasion. He told me back at the time that he was a Republican and that he couldn't vote for W (when he ran against Kerry) because of the manipulation of intel. He cited the aluminum tubes that his group of experts said was not conducive to uranium enrichment but the W admin continued to spout as proof. Also, it is well-documented that the W admin (Cheney especially) continued to tout the alleged Atta/Iraq intel meeting in Prague that the Pentagon's own DIA disputed. Then we had the Curveball guy who was determined to be a fraud but W and Cheney kept repeating the bio weapons lab allegations. And then of course, we had the Yellow Cake/Niger allegation which was disputed by our intel community but repeated by W with the British caveat. This little episode caused on of W's and Cheney's key advisors to be convicted of felonies related to their efforts to shut up Wilson. So this so called "intel that everyone had" was indeed manipulated. W controlled the flow of info-not Congress. Not the press. As a matter of fact, W used Judith Miller, and the mushroom cloud threat to make his case. These guys lied us into war and anyone paying attention knows it.

So from what I can gather your patient knows more than CIA Director Tenant and Deputy Director Morrell. Sounds like typical lib logic to me. Thanks for clarifying your "sources."

Now that you have told us about Bush's big lie, tell us about Obama's many lies? Oh, by the way, did Colin Powell lie? Did your patient also enlighten you about other administrations "manipulation of intel". I don't think you are that naive, but maybe you really are.

Stopped reading at "one of my patients" when making correlation of a UN Inspector being in butt**** TN for an eye appt.

Thanks Doc, just made my evening.

Stopped reading at "one of my patients" when making correlation of a UN Inspector being in butt**** TN for an eye appt.

Especially when that patient could have purchased 3 pairs of glasses for $18.95 at Costco.

Well, you just showed your ignorance wiseguy. Which shouldn't surprise anyone. Apparently, you don't know much about Oak Ridge or what goes on here. Let me give you a little snippet that I found in a very quick search.....

" However, a set of technical experts from the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Oak Ridge, Livermore, and Los Alamos National Laboratories reviewed the CIA analysis and disagreed with this interpretation because the tube dimensions were far from ideal for this purpose. In fact, the dimensions and the aluminum alloy were identical to those of tubes acquired for rockets by Iraq in the 1980s." There is a lot of info out there. Btw, my patient worked in in the Duellfer Group which did the inspections in Iraq.
http://www.webexhibits.org/bush/9.html

Oh, I forgot your were tight with General Groves and the guy with the pork-pie hat. Ha,Ha...Ha,,

Oh, I forgot your were tight with General Groves and the guy with the pork-pie hat. Ha,Ha...Ha,,
Funny how my factual post has been hijacked by the wingnut cerebral crew. It would be a neat trick to be tight with General groves since he died about 50 years ago.

But the fact remains, one of my long time patients was directly involved in the UN inspections in Iraq. He became soured on the W admin because of what he learned in that capacity. And he was a Republican who supported Kerry afterwards because he learned W took us to war under false pretenses. There is a boatload of evidence to support that notion. Aluminum tubes. Atta/Prague.Iraq meeting. Yellow cake. Curveball. Bio weapons labs. So much intel which debunked W's and Cheney's reasons to invade was ignored. yet, the wingnuts continue to tout the naïve idea that "everyone had the same intel". Silly, ignorant wingnuts.

Funny how my factual post has been hijacked by the wingnut cerebral crew. It would be a neat trick to be tight with General groves since he died about 50 years ago.

But the fact remains, one of my long time patients was directly involved in the UN inspections in Iraq. He became soured on the W admin because of what he learned in that capacity. And he was a Republican who supported Kerry afterwards because he learned W took us to war under false pretenses. There is a boatload of evidence to support that notion. Aluminum tubes. Atta/Prague.Iraq meeting. Yellow cake. Curveball. Bio weapons labs. So much intel which debunked W's and Cheney's reasons to invade was ignored. yet, the wingnuts continue to tout the naïve idea that "everyone had the same intel". Silly, ignorant wingnuts.

You willfully ignore facts. The head of the frickin CIA stated that intelligence believed that Iraq possessed WMD. BIll Clinton believed that Iraq possessed WMD. The UN believed that Iraq possessed WMD. So too, did the major world powers, including middle eastern countries. Hell, Iraq used chemical weapons against both Iran and their own people. The CIA leaders stated the the Bush Administration did not press them to mask the intelligence. You are a radical conspiracy theorist and won't believe the facts when they hit you in the head. You laughably quote a patient, lmao.

You willfully ignore facts. The head of the frickin CIA stated that intelligence believed that Iraq possessed WMD. BIll Clinton believed that Iraq possessed WMD. The UN believed that Iraq possessed WMD. So too, did the major world powers, including middle eastern countries. Hell, Iraq used chemical weapons against both Iran and their own people. The CIA leaders stated the the Bush Administration did not press them to mask the intelligence. You are a radical conspiracy theorist and won't believe the facts when they hit you in the head. You laughably quote a patient, lmao.

Notice that the nut-case tells who lied but he can't bring himself to tell us about Colin Powell. I've asked him several times about Colin Powell and the case he made for war to America and the world. I guess he needs to find another patient who can enlighten him on Powell's role.

I guarantee that THAT Bush will never be president again. Mark my words!!

(can't let that onion go can you doc?)

The NYTimes acknowledged that 5000 chemical and biological weapons were foundoing in Iraq.
Of course the tards discounted them because they were several years old.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT