ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Stephen F. Austin - NCAA Tournament

To think I could have had a couple of martinis and a great filet mignon in one of Atlanta's finest but I "whiffed" to watch this game. I hope the 2nd half makes my decision a good one.

Paige and Carter have each missed easy layups. Then Holton has crapped himself with at least 4 turnovers himself. Philip pretty much took himself out by committing a stupid 2nd foul on a push off. Devin Williams is back to being timid and not knowing what to do. And Adrian acting like a bull in a china shop.

Folks, we are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Poor game preparation...very disappointing....but like someone said earlier in the season. We have a team that can Beat anyone and unfortunately LOSE to anyone. Austin came to play. WVU has their heads in bracketology and hype. Think we go DOWN.

Preparation? I'm sure we are prepared. Just we are crapping ourselves out there. We know exactly how to take on this style, just we aren't doing it.

Missed layups, sloppy passes, stupid play by Adrian. I will say that the refs are touchy against our guys, but letting them get away with almost every bump or hand check. Despite that WVU should be able to overcome this.
Nope...not these guys. They will hang their heads....point fingers and start fouling out and Lose. Disheveled and befuddled,,,,Sad thing is, the same Austin team will get pounded next round.

Dude. Walk into oncoming traffic and do us all a favor. Baylor is not us and I can take joy in what I want.

Yeah.....keep telling yourself that momma's boy. Making fun of a team that goes 1 and out while your team is losing at the half to a lower seed.......sure.......justify that all you want.

they have a 10 point lead. and it doesn't look like we can score 10 more this game. uh oh.

coalcountry52 said:
Dude. Walk into oncoming traffic and do us all a favor. Baylor is not us and I can take joy in what I want.

Yep. We're not Baylor. Baylor beat SFA by 40.

Absolutely no change. Still getting trapped when picking up the dribble with no one getting open to help. Still letting them get easy transition buckets. Not making open shots or taking advantage on transitions ourselves.

Some WV players are just heaving the ball at the goal .............. in hopes of drawing a foul. Bad strategy. Dunk the dadgum ball !!!!! OK..................when is Paige gonna step up? Can't wait much longer!

we have chance. have to start shooting jumpers and attack the glass

Jumpers? You gotta me kidding me. WV has yet to hit a jumper ............ especially the 2 foot version. Can you shoot jumpers and still attack the glass? Attack the glass with the ball .... not with jumpers.

Long off season....guess i can get ready for some baseball.....Awful...what were you all thinking? How can we look so BAD against a 13 seed?

Jumpers? You gotta me kidding me. WV has yet to hit a jumper ............ especially the 2 foot version. Can you shoot jumpers and still attack the glass? Attack the glass with the ball .... not with jumpers.

we can't attack the rim. they are too quick. only shot is to throw it up and be ready for a put back.

This game has degenerated to such a level where you only hate watch to see just how many horrible mistakes this team is going to make.

Long off season....guess i can get ready for some baseball.....Awful...what were you all thinking? How can we look so BAD against a 13 seed?

We executed out of the gate. How can people say "choke job"? We were up 20-11. Then Holton and Williams began their turnover party.

Got to get it down low to Williams..pass out of double team. Free throws will be important!

Their gameplan looks simple. Deny post....and if we get it low FOUL and don't allow the easy basket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT