ADVERTISEMENT

WVU proved that it BELONGS in March Madness !!!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Lose by 2 IN Kansas worthy of March Madness selection.

Don't you dare besmirch WVU's effort today. Damn near 1st win AT Kansas in history! SO proud of this team. It IS ready for March Madness run!

The dumbass dribblers 0 (Keddy) and 5 (Toussaint) hurt WVU’s chances of a first in history win IN Kansas! Keddy scored 15 points but had EIGHT turnovers which, in a game decided by 2 points, was a killer.

Toussaint, the other dribble-to-die player, had only 2 points and THREE turnovers.

Tre had 4 turnovers but scored 20 points. And was a shooter not an over-dribbler, a curse on this WVU team.

Bell was a scoreless giant. Useless again today. Other 4 starters had SEVENTY ONE of the 74 points!!!

Dribbling and 21 turnovers, 8 by Keddy, destroyed what would have been WVU’s first victory IN HISTORY AT KANSAS.

Pass, you win. Dribble, you lose. All season long.

WVU out-rebounded, 34-26, but 21-19 on turnovers offset that.

This season WVU lost to #3 Kansas by 2 AT KANSAS, beat Pitt, lost by 6 to #14 Kansas State, lost by 5 to #9 Baylor, lost by 8 to #8 Texas, beat Auburn by 3, lost by 4 to #24 TCU, lost by 5 to #23 Iowa State and beat Florida.

If all those teams are in March Madness then so should WVU! Schedule toughness – 5th or 7th nationally I forget which -- should factor in along with W-L record!

Don't you dare besmirch WVU's effort today. Damn near 1st win AT Kansas in history! SO proud of this team. It IS ready for March Madness run!

The dumbass dribblers 0 (Keddy) and 5 (Toussaint) hurt WVU’s chances of a first in history win IN Kansas! Keddy scored 15 points but had EIGHT turnovers which, in a game decided by 2 points, was a killer.

Toussaint, the other dribble-to-die player, had only 2 points and THREE turnovers.

Tre had 4 turnovers but scored 20 points. And was a shooter not an over-dribbler, a curse on this WVU team.

Bell was a scoreless giant. Useless again today. Other 4 starters had SEVENTY ONE of the 74 points!!!

Dribbling and 21 turnovers, 8 by Keddy, destroyed what would have been WVU’s first victory IN HISTORY AT KANSAS.

This season WVU lost to #3 Kansas by 2 AT KANSAS, beat Pitt, lost by 6 to #14 Kansas State, lost by 5 to #9 Baylor, lost by 8 to #8 Texas, beat Auburn by 3, lost by 4 to #24 TCU, lost by 5 to #23 Iowa State and beat Florida.

If all those teams are in March Madness then so should WVU! Schedule toughness – 5th or 7th nationally I forget which -- should factor in along with W-L record!
moral-victory-you.jpg

We lost!! With the worst last possession I’ve ever seen. I’ll say this, this is the most talented team I’ve ever seen that consistently loses. It’s frustrating.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
We lost!! With the worst last possession I’ve ever seen. I’ll say this, this is the most talented team I’ve ever seen that consistently loses. It’s frustrating.

IT IS FRUSTRATING. BUT IN THE BIG 12, HANGING IN THERE GAME AFTER GAME (10 GAMES WITH SINGLE-DIGIT LOSSES), WVU IS DOING BETTER THAN TOP 25 TEAMS NOT IN BIG 12 WOULD DO IN THE BIG 12!

WVU proved it belongs in March Madness by losing. Well, heck, why'd they bother trying to win all year long if they could get into the tournament by losing?

WVU proved it belongs in March Madness by losing. Well, heck, why'd they bother trying to win all year long if they could get into the tournament by losing?

Are you saying that an L by 2 points to Kansas AT Kansas should not carry the same weight as a Top 25 team beating a nobody by 9?

You’re saying that an L is ALWAYS less impressive than a W?

Even when WVU lost to California in the 1959 NCAA title game despite Jerry West scoring 28 points? Voters were so unimpressed that Jerry was the first player on a losing team to win the MVP award.

That 1-point L was less impressive than beating Western Kentucky by 2 points?

Or that this year’s WVU team beating Morehead and getting a W was more impressive than losing by 2 points to Kansas AT Kansas where they lose maybe 2 times at home a season?

You can type that with a straight face?

Jerry West and the 1959 national runnerup team and I differ with you.

You’re saying that an L is ALWAYS less impressive than a W?

Even when WVU lost to California in the 1959 NCAA title game despite Jerry West scoring 28 points? Voters were so unimpressed that Jerry was the first player on a losing team to win the MVP award.

That 1-point L was less impressive than beating Western Kentucky by 2 points?

Or that this year’s WVU team beating Morehead and getting a W was more impressive than losing by 2 points to Kansas AT Kansas where they lose maybe 2 times at home a season?

You can type that with a straight face?

Jerry West and the 1959 national runnerup team and I differ with you.
I'm saying an L is an L is an L. They all count equally in the record book.

Op. have you studied all the other bubble team's L's to come up with this brilliant post?

Op. have you studied all the other bubble team's L's to come up with this brilliant post?

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT WVU'S SCHEDULE IS RANKED AMONG THE 10 TOUGHEST IN AMERICA! THAT DOESN'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING. WVU HAS AT LEAST 10 GAMES WITH SINGLE-DIGIT LOSSES, A MAJORITY AGAINST TOP 25 TEAMS. THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? IF YOU GO ONLY BY W'S AND L'S THEN MAKE THE RUNNERUP IN THE MOST RINKY-DINK CONFERENCE IN AMERICA A 2 SEED! THAT WOULD FOLLOW YOUR REASONING THAT 22-10 IS BETTER THAN 16-10 NO MATTER WHO YOU PLAY! LET'S HAVE A REALITY CHECK! WVU WILL BE IN MARCH MADNESS BECAUSE THE MOUNTAINEERS HAVE EARNED IT BY SURVIVING THE 10 TOUGHEST SCHEDULES IN AMERICA IN THE #1 BY FAR TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA! WOULD YOU REALLY SAY THAT THE KENNESAW STATE OWLS, AT 23-8 AND ATOP THE ASUN CONFERENCE, SHOULD BE IN AHEAD OF WVU? OR UMASS LOWER RIVER HAWKS 24-7 OF THE AMERICAN EAST CONFERENCE? OR MONTANA STATE 21-9 OF THE BIG SKY? OR LONGWOOD 20-11 OF THE BIG SOUTH? THOSE TEAMS WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST WVU AND YOU KNOW IT. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THAT THEN EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WILL KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW BASKETBALL. WELL?

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT WVU'S SCHEDULE IS RANKED AMONG THE 10 TOUGHEST IN AMERICA! THAT DOESN'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING. WVU HAS AT LEAST 10 GAMES WITH SINGLE-DIGIT LOSSES, A MAJORITY AGAINST TOP 25 TEAMS. THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? IF YOU GO ONLY BY W'S AND L'S THEN MAKE THE RUNNERUP IN THE MOST RINKY-DINK CONFERENCE IN AMERICA A 2 SEED! THAT WOULD FOLLOW YOUR REASONING THAT 22-10 IS BETTER THAN 16-10 NO MATTER WHO YOU PLAY! LET'S HAVE A REALITY CHECK! WVU WILL BE IN MARCH MADNESS BECAUSE THE MOUNTAINEERS HAVE EARNED IT BY SURVIVING THE 10 TOUGHEST SCHEDULES IN AMERICA IN THE #1 BY FAR TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA! WOULD YOU REALLY SAY THAT THE KENNESAW STATE OWLS, AT 23-8 AND ATOP THE ASUN CONFERENCE, SHOULD BE IN AHEAD OF WVU? OR UMASS LOWER RIVER HAWKS 24-7 OF THE AMERICAN EAST CONFERENCE? OR MONTANA STATE 21-9 OF THE BIG SKY? OR LONGWOOD 20-11 OF THE BIG SOUTH? THOSE TEAMS WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST WVU AND YOU KNOW IT. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THAT THEN EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WILL KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW BASKETBALL. WELL?
laughing-mj.gif

For those who say W-L record ALONE should keep WVU out of March Madness:

DO YOU THINK ANY OF THESE TEAMS SHOULD BE IN MARCH MADNESS INSTEAD OF 16-13 WVU?
None will get the automatic selection of being a conference champion.

Morehead State 21-10
(Morehead lost to WVU, 75-57)

Alabama Birmingham 22-8
(UAB lost to WVU, 81-70)

Marshall 24-7
Marshall lost to North Carolina Queens, North Carolina Greenville, James Madison, Georgia Southern, Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana Lafayette, Old Dominion.
Who would give that the same weight as losing to Baylor, Kansas, Texas and other Big 12 teams.

Liberty 24-7
UMass Lowell River 24-8
Fordham 23-6
Montana State 21-9
Longwood 20-11
California Riverside 20-10
Towson 20-11
Milwaukee 20-10
Norfolk State 20-8
Belmont 21-10
Utah State 22-7
North Carolina Greensboro 20-11
Northwestern State 20-10
Santa Clara 23-8
Sam Houston 22-6

I would LOVE for WVU to have any of those 20+W teams as 1st or 2nd round opponents. Cakewalk to Sweet Sixteen!

Let's see if you laugh when that happens! WVU belongs in March Madness. Surviving Big 12 with probably 8th place finish is qualification enough! Huggins is right: "We belong in the tournament."

Just for arguments sake, let's say WV finished this basketball season at 14 - 17. Let's further say that all of those losses were by 2, 3, or 4 points. And let's add in that all but 2 of those losses were against fellow conference mates. Would this mean that WV would be in the dance and would be seeded at #5? After all, they had a single digit SOS and they played in the toughest conference in America

For those who say W-L record ALONE should keep WVU out of March Madness:

DO YOU THINK ANY OF THESE TEAMS SHOULD BE IN MARCH MADNESS INSTEAD OF 16-13 WVU?
None will get the automatic selection of being a conference champion.

Morehead State 21-10
(Morehead lost to WVU, 75-57)

Alabama Birmingham 22-8
(UAB lost to WVU, 81-70)

Marshall 24-7
Marshall lost to North Carolina Queens, North Carolina Greenville, James Madison, Georgia Southern, Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana Lafayette, Old Dominion.
Who would give that the same weight as losing to Baylor, Kansas, Texas and other Big 12 teams.

Liberty 24-7
UMass Lowell River 24-8
Fordham 23-6
Montana State 21-9
Longwood 20-11
California Riverside 20-10
Towson 20-11
Milwaukee 20-10
Norfolk State 20-8
Belmont 21-10
Utah State 22-7
North Carolina Greensboro 20-11
Northwestern State 20-10
Santa Clara 23-8
Sam Houston 22-6

I would LOVE for WVU to have any of those 20+W teams as 1st or 2nd round opponents. Cakewalk to Sweet Sixteen!

Let's see if you laugh when that happens! WVU belongs in March Madness. Surviving Big 12 with probably 8th place finish is qualification enough! Huggins is right: "We belong in the tournament."
If those teams win their conference tournament they are in.

If we finish 16-15 then lose first round in Big 12 tournament we will be 16-16. Does that make it to the tournament? I seriously doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT