ADVERTISEMENT

White vs Donaldson

dwerd

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Stuart Florida
I did not realize that white had almost the same yardage on nearly 80 carries less. That seems impossible so I will look again but that is crazy. I want to keep both for sure but White is a more effective receiver in my opinion also. Donaldson dropped a few very catchable balls and Jaheim just hauled in everything for multiple touchdowns. We must keep him now that we have Green (no surprise at all). He has to be the biggest priority. I want Burks back also. Love that two walkon receivers are in our top three. Crazy and they are young also

I did not realize that white had almost the same yardage on nearly 80 carries less. That seems impossible so I will look again but that is crazy. I want to keep both for sure but White is a more effective receiver in my opinion also. Donaldson dropped a few very catchable balls and Jaheim just hauled in everything for multiple touchdowns. We must keep him now that we have Green (no surprise at all). He has to be the biggest priority. I want Burks back also. Love that two walkon receivers are in our top three. Crazy and they are young also
White is a better back overall for sure. CJ lacks the burst of speed and wiggle

CJ is a decent short yardage guy. The Pitt game last season was probably the worst way to introduce yourself lol. Because he certainly isn’t THAT CJ very often…

I doubt CJ will be back next year. Just a hunch

Reactions: michaelgpierce21
We have Oliver in the wings so I'm not sure it'd be a huge loss if so. I just hope if he goes that it doesn't influence Lathan to leave as well. I think they are close friends but not sure on that part.
It would suck. Hopefully Oliver develops but can’t say he’s there yet

Reactions: Stan Kiser
You said you hand a “hunch” not you had info
Where’s he gonna go? After this year I don’t see many school paying up to pull him In. I mean did anyone watch him at any point in the season and say wow this guy is awesome?

Also he has never been healthy for a whole season. Big risk

Donaldson spent the entire first half of the season slamming into stacked boxes, until Neal took the lid off of the passing game.

Not exactly apples to apples.

Reactions: SAMHAM601 and BigC
Donaldson a far better pass blocker. Was dinged most of the year. Looking fwd to seeing them both 100% running all over PedSt next season

Reactions: Mitch D.
Donaldson spent the entire first half of the season slamming into stacked boxes, until Neal took the lid off of the passing game.

True, but C.J. has a habit of slamming into things even when there's a hole to run through. Bottom line is keeping him and White would keep both fresh and give us some experienced insurance if either gets hurt.

Donaldson a far better pass blocker. Was dinged most of the year. Looking fwd to seeing them both 100% running all over PedSt next season
Jaheim is definitely a work in progress as a pass blocker. Got penalized for a chop and for a trip on blitz pickups that I can recall off the top of my head. But he's willing, and that's half the battle.

I definitely want White back next year. But I also want a big back like Donaldson. Great combination. I'm also very curious about Oliver.
I watched Oliver make some special teams plays that a man his size should not be able to make.

Reactions: dwerd
Where’s he gonna go? After this year I don’t see many school paying up to pull him In. I mean did anyone watch him at any point in the season and say wow this guy is awesome?

He’d be picked up in a second. Whats the risk? If he doesn’t get to his freshman year average he’s still good. Lol Walt……..

Reactions: TerriEER
Since we are talking about the rb room, I think Jaylen Anderson might look for an opportunity somewhere else.

Definitely need to keep both cj and white in the fiold. JJ might stay or go, I don’t know but Oliver is a big back that the staff thought about playing or redshirting

True, but C.J. has a habit of slamming into things even when there's a hole to run through. Bottom line is keeping him and White would keep both fresh and give us some experienced insurance if either gets hurt.
CJ is still learning how to play the position.

White has played it his whole career.

Since we are talking about the rb room, I think Jaylen Anderson might look for an opportunity somewhere else.

Definitely need to keep both cj and white in the fiold. JJ might stay or go, I don’t know but Oliver is a big back that the staff thought about playing or redshirting
We need JJ as well.

He's got talent too.

What can't you believe?

One guy hits the hole without hesitation, bursts into the open field and has some wiggle.

The other guy thinks his way through the hole, then thinks again and runs as upright as a skyscraper.

Are you high? Schools pay up for much, much worse players every offseason now.

Teuw
Jaheim is definitely a work in progress as a pass blocker. Got penalized for a chop and for a trip on blitz pickups that I can recall off the top of my head. But he's willing, and that's half the battle.
He was awesome for a true freshman. Seriously
What can't you believe?

One guy hits the hole without hesitation, bursts into the open field and has some wiggle.

The other guy thinks his way through the hole, then thinks again and runs as upright as a skyscraper.
are you supporting my point?

Are you high? Schools pay up for much, much worse players every offseason now.
Not football, but The bluest of blue bloods in UNC paid good cash to buy Okonkwo to sit on the bench as the 12th man. Someone is going pay fat money for a guy that might put it in the end zone 12 times again.

Not football, but The bluest of blue bloods in UNC paid good cash to buy Okonkwo to sit on the bench as the 12th man. Someone is going pay fat money for a guy that might put it in the end zone 12 times again.
Exactly

White and it’s not particularly close. CJ isn’t nearly the natural runner Jaheim is.

THIS^^

All the idiots on here blithely posting "no big deal" apparently are o.k. with getting Jaheim worn down by mid-season next year.

I think you start with CJ and let him slam into the defense for a while and after he softens them up, you unleash white and blow them off the field.

Reactions: HPeer
Great post, would read again!
No you wouldn't lol People want to put one verses the other, but the true opportunity is how well they work together. When I think of these two I believe they can leave a mark like Ronnie Brown/Cadilac Williams, Marlon Barber/Laurence Maroney, Avon/Quincy, and Darren McFadden/Felix Jones. We need to appreciate that we have two or more outstanding backs. Everyone brings something to the table that make this offense go.

No you wouldn't lol People want to put one verses the other, but the true opportunity is how well they work together. When I think of these two I believe they can leave a mark like Ronnie Brown/Cadilac Williams, Marlon Barber/Laurence Maroney, Avon/Quincy, and Darren McFadden/Felix Jones. We need to appreciate that we have two or more outstanding backs. Everyone brings something to the table that make this offense go.

Those are some of my favorite RB pairings from my younger years.

Lionel "Little Train" James/ Bo "Big Train" Jackson.

I think we need both as a change of pace for each other, plus they can save some ware and tear on each other.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT