ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you stand?

I wanted to add a link to show it wasn’t an opinion. This isn’t the only study out there. You’ll link yours. I’ll link mine and nothing will be decided. So, there’s no use. You are religious and have a stated purpose, and will find what you want to support your religious viewpoint.

Your opinion is respected and certainly to be considered, but why exclude the benefits of a Religious foundation through a committed monogamous relationship as not only a viable alternative for children, but arguably the best one?

No, that's not how I work. You're projecting. I don't look at competing studies and pick the one I like. I look at the methods and listen to the experts. The method of the study you cited is agenda driven. That's why it is rejected.

Uh oh...ass whipping commencing!
giphy.gif

Reactions: CAJUNEER
I just KNEW there was a liberal in you struggling to get out:joy:..........keep on keeping on......make the bastards squirm[thumbsup]

Oh no....the arguments I had with assignment editors and producers over my reporting got me in plenty of trouble Snow. Just trying to be fair, never mind a propaganda agent!

You should note that before you edited your post to add this link, I had already link the study that totally destroyed the method of the study you site.
Wrong again.

Premarital cohabitation has short‐term benefits and longer term costs for marital stability.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jomf.12530?af=R
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/...000, premarital,-residence are accounted for.”

And this article says its up for debate. So, I'm rubber and you're glue, blah, blah, blah.

If your argument is that co-habitation as an alternative can be a viable solution to lower Divorce rates...that's a fair argument to make. If your argument is that co-habitation in and of itself is a better alternative or the best solution to lowering Divorce rates @CAJUNEER will embarrass the Hell out of you because there is no data supporting that argument. Quite the opposite in fact!

I'd quit while I'm ahead if I were you. However you won't, and you'll walk into his buzz saw that will turn your unprovable theory into so much pop psychology confetti.

From my own anecdotal evidence, as I've stated in this thread, I'm the living experiment with hard provable data that a lasting, Loving, monogamous, union between a Man and a Woman honoring Almighty God's prescriptions for a mutually honorable & respectful Marriage is what's best for raising kids.

There are no studies you can present to me with better results than what I'm living using that construct.

Last edited:
Look at the method. The conclusion to your study is baked into the method.

What do you suppose this line means: In fact, since 2000, premarital cohabitation has actually been associated with a lower rate of divorce, once factors such as religiosity, education, and age at co-residence are accounted for.

Here’s a hint: it means they excluded data that would produce an undesirable result. In other words divorces among those who cohabited together first which could be attributed to differences in religion, education, and age were excluded from the study.

Last edited:
I tried to warn @NYC_Eer he was going to get his ass beat. Hard headed loud mouth New York Limousine Liberal is now getting spanked.
giphy.gif

Look at the method. The conclusion to your study is baked into the method.

What do you suppose this line means: In fact, since 2000, premarital cohabitation has actually been associated with a lower rate of divorce, once factors such as religiosity, education, and age at co-residence are accounted for.

Here’s a hint: it means they excluded data that would produce an undesirable result. In other words divorces among those who cohabited together first which could be attributed to differences in religion, education, and age were excluded from the study.

Essentially, the methodology he quoted to prove his point was invalidated by the excluded mitigating factors in the study!

Epic fail.

Ass whipping severe.
giphy.gif

Oh no....the arguments I had with assignment editors and producers over my reporting got me in plenty of trouble Snow. Just trying to be fair, never mind a propaganda agent!
I did radio for years as did my brother......don't know how old you are but I took my FCC license test with Dean Sturm of Huntington fame and another guy you may have heard of.....Soupy Sales

I did radio for years as did my brother......don't know how old you are but I took my FCC license test with Dean Sturm of Huntington fame and another guy you may have heard of.....Soupy Sales

I remember Soupy Sales. I worked for corporate media companies....Fox, CBS, Gannett, Capital Cities/ABC....it was all formula news and consultant driven BS.

I’m not nearly old enough to remember them but I remember my parents talking about them.

I also remember Jim Thacker as Mr Cartoon long before he started doing ACC basketball

Damn Snow...that's "old school". I remember my old AFL Sundays in Buffalo listening to Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis on NBC.
iu

College games I remember Chris Schenkel and Bud Wilkinson
eac9373e.jpg
ed499cc8.jpg

We're talking 67-71.....old school Baby!

Damn Snow...that's "old school". I remember my old AFL Sundays in Buffalo listening to Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis on NBC.
iu

eac9373e.jpg
ed499cc8.jpg

I'm older than dirt....but I still have enough left to take out the trash...if you know what I mean

Reactions: atlkvb
I used to listen to Amos 'n Andy reruns on WKBW at night!

Whew.....
I was listening to Dick Viondi on WLS in Chicago the night he got fired.......he said..."Here;s a song for all you virgins out there..."It only hurts for a little while"........poof...he gone

iu

eac9373e.jpg
ed499cc8.jpg

How bout this......remember Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Rease on the major league game of the week?......."Listen to the jingle, the rumble and the roar"

Reactions: atlkvb
How bout this......remember Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Rease on the major league game of the week?......."Listen to the jingle, the rumble and the roar"

I listened to Harry Caray out of Chicago on WGN-TV! Their games were on cable back in the mid 80's. We got the signal carried into Buffalo during Cubs night games!

Holy cow!!!!!!!
fdb0bbfa.jpg

I was listening to Dick Viondi on WLS in Chicago the night he got fired.......he said..."Here;s a song for all you virgins out there..."It only hurts for a little while"........poof...he gone

Good stuff!

face it.......Covid 19 is licking it's chops to get at us old farts

Not me! My immune system is on "overdrive" now with the supplements I've made part of my routine. Not even worried about it...not with all the Vitamins C, D, E, Zinc and iodine coursing through my veins!

Last edited:
Using your same logic:

Do you support postponing the election?

Do you support secret police in the streets attacking and arresting US Citizens?

Do you support the first President in American history to try and take the US military into the streets, forcing the Chairman and Joint Chiefs to publicly state their oaths to the people.

Do you support Russian bounties
and pacifying their leadership with moves like removing forces from
Germany?

Do you support the fact that the US has failed miserably in protecting its people from this virus?
Also not surprised that fatty led poops fell for fake news

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT