ADVERTISEMENT

What a difference….

WVUtotheBig12

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2012
10 months makes for WVU athletics. Last July, there wasn’t a ton of optimism within the fan base for the football program. The previous year should have gone differently, but obviously ended in a way no one was okay with. There were even some who projected only a few wins in 2023. Neal made wholesale changes and we were able to get to 9 wins, barely missing double digits. We retained almost every considerable contributor, the coaches have done an outstanding job in the portal, and we’re poised to make a run.

Then, there was a world of uncertainty surrounding the basketball program. A lot of people were obviously having a hard time accepting our HOF native son who went to WVU would no longer be the Head Coach. We had lost multiple key pieces to the portal and were going into the season with an interim coach. With multiple unforeseen obstacles, the season went about as bad as could be expected. Patience definitely paid off with the search and a proven winner was hired, who found some extremely talented assistant coaches to join the program. There is a lot of momentum being built and we signed two of the top transfers with news of more big time commits. I can’t wait to see the development of the athletes on the roster.

Our baseball team is having another strong season after a Big 12 Championship, Men’s Soccer went to the college cup, Women’s Soccer is still one of the best in the country, wrestling was ranked throughout the season, Golf has made the tournament, and Volleyball hired a coach with a proven track record who makes frequent trips to the NCAA tournament.

I know I’ll see criticism, but the architect of all this is Wren Baker and he turned down an SEC offer to stay at WVU. The future sure is bright for the Mountaineers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News