ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Virginia Tech

Still worried about the second half collapse. It's one thing to sit on a lead but it's another thing to almost squander it. Saban preaches about maintaining focus and intensity, WVU do well to attend the Church of Saban
so are you happy with the win? You're another guy that seems to show up after losses but doesn't have much to say after wins

so are you happy with the win? You're another guy that seems to show up after losses but doesn't have much to say after wins
Do you agree with what I posted? Are you happy with the way the second half played out? A win is better than a loss, but to say everything is okay is a farce

Do you agree with what I posted? Are you happy with the way the second half played out? A win is better than a loss, but to say everything is okay is a farce
You're just another troll that complains about everything negative but never gives any credit after wins. Go back to your home board troll.

This is not a personality contest. WVU is ONE touchdown away from being unbeaten this season. Why not cherish that? Or do we have to find reasons to be miserable and unhappy. 12-0 wouldn't be good enough for some "fans."

Reactions: Volatility
This is not a personality contest. WVU is ONE touchdown away from being unbeaten this season. Why not cherish that? Or do we have to find reasons to be miserable and unhappy. 12-0 wouldn't be good enough for some "fans."
Ever notice how the non athletic loons like to preach to fans how we should be happy with mediocre play? The sign of a cfe style dope...and waterboy type.

Reactions: KingCoal
And a touchdown away from being 1-2, with one of the most crushing losses in Mountaineer Field history, and the win against a team that was thoroughly dominated by FIU.

And a touchdown away from being 1-2, with one of the most crushing losses in Mountaineer Field history, and the win against a team that was thoroughly dominated by FIU.
you can apply that logic to probably half the teams in college football

Ever notice how John Moore aka Rootmaster is happier after losses. He has 12 favorite teams a season whoever plays wvu is his favorite team

You're just another troll that complains about everything negative but never gives any credit after wins. Go back to your home board troll.
So instead of debating the points of an argument, you stoop to personal insults and smear tactics..... that says a lot about your growth as a person.

Just for grins, what is my home board? Keep in mind, I've been posting here since the 1990s... I await your reply

So instead of debating the points of an argument, you stoop to personal insults and smear tactics..... that says a lot about your growth as a person.

Just for grins, what is my home board? Keep in mind, I've been posting here since the 1990s... I await your reply
so instead on addressing the question you try to divert the topic. Fact is all you ever do is complain. You never give any credit where credit is due. Wvu won and you have nothing good to say about it. It says much about your growth as a person. You don't know anything about football. If we listened to people like you we would have a new coach every year. Im not the 1st person who's called you out on this.

Having thought about it a couple of days I'm guessing Neal Brown calls a game that he thinks his squad can execute, recognizing their limitations. I'd like a little more Leddy Brown but a steady diet would see defenses stacked against the run. Paterno once said that WVU would not beat Penn State until they started recruiting better players. We won't get out of the middle of the pack in the Big12 until the same happens. Life has much bigger problems than WVU football but I really enjoyed the first half.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Having thought about it a couple of days I'm guessing Neal Brown calls a game that he thinks his squad can execute, recognizing their limitations. I'd like a little more Leddy Brown but a steady diet would see defenses stacked against the run. Paterno once said that WVU would not beat Penn State until they started recruiting better players. We won't get out of the middle of the pack in the Big12 until the same happens. Life has much bigger problems than WVU football but I really enjoyed the first half.

Our recruiting is better, but the fruits are still 2 years away. We also need some adaptability though given WVU will never be able to pick and choose like the blue bloods.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Our recruiting is better, but the fruits are still 2 years away. We also need some adaptability though given WVU will never be able to pick and choose like the blue bloods.
WVU recruiting will mainly stay an average of 35 to 40 in their ranking. The past 2 years and possibly next year will be the highest it's ever been. But I don't see it maintaining that level.

Hopefully we get those that the blue bloods don't pick. But you always have the risk those guys transfer out after 1 or 2 years when the blue bloods do come calling. They will recruit another teams players I don't care what anyone says.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Texas can pick and choose but that hasn't been helping them. I think Cincy and UCF will make some noise in this league and they aren't bluebloods. We will never be a blueblood so the whole program has to play, practice and recruit with a chip on their shoulder. As always, need to find overlooked players and get them to play like a team. First world problems though.

Texas can pick and choose but that hasn't been helping them. I think Cincy and UCF will make some noise in this league and they aren't bluebloods. We will never be a blueblood so the whole program has to play, practice and recruit with a chip on their shoulder. As always, need to find overlooked players and get them to play like a team. First world problems though.

We can't be rigid is my point. RR came in with the plan of passing a bunch with a mobile QB on roll outs and RPO plays. When we didn't have the QB to do that, he adapted to what he did have and it worked out pretty well. So any coach that is successful at WVU needs to recruit well and that means finding the more undervalued guys that are overlooked than pulling the occasional 5 star. They need to be able to develop the strengths of the players that they do recruit. Lastly the coach needs to mold his system to maximize those strengths more so than try and force a square peg into a round hole.

WVU recruiting will mainly stay an average of 35 to 40 in their ranking. The past 2 years and possibly next year will be the highest it's ever been. But I don't see it maintaining that level.

Hopefully we get those that the blue bloods don't pick. But you always have the risk those guys transfer out after 1 or 2 years when the blue bloods do come calling. They will recruit another teams players I don't care what anyone says.
Arch Manning is coming to WVU. Didnt you watch Monday Night Football? Peyton announced it. In 2023 we will have the best QB who's ever lived.

I must of missed something, please explain.
Well it was just a joke, but it did happen. Pat McAfee was on MNF with Peyton and Eli, and he asked where their nephew Arch was going, and Peyton said "WVU. He's always wanted to be a Mountaineer." Of course Pat did a recruiting pitch, but it was all fun and games. I highly doubt Arch Manning even visits WVU or considers us at all. But it would be cool lol.

Edit: and for those who dont know, Arch Manning is supposed to by far be the greatest Manning ever, and is already the #1 overall prospect in the 2023 class. Supposed to be something special.

Well it was just a joke, but it did happen. Pat McAfee was on MNF with Peyton and Eli, and he asked where their nephew Arch was going, and Peyton said "WVU. He's always wanted to be a Mountaineer." Of course Pat did a recruiting pitch, but it was all fun and games. I highly doubt Arch Manning even visits WVU or considers us at all. But it would be cool lol.

Edit: and for those who dont know, Arch Manning is supposed to by far be the greatest Manning ever, and is already the #1 overall prospect in the 2023 class. Supposed to be something special.
Ok thanks for the explanation

Arch Manning is coming to WVU. Didnt you watch Monday Night Football? Peyton announced it. In 2023 we will have the best QB who's ever lived.
Going to Ole Miss
He is just enjoying the recruiting process.
Rumors are that they are actively recruiting for Ole Miss as well so explains why they are going around to different schools

so instead on addressing the question you try to divert the topic. Fact is all you ever do is complain. You never give any credit where credit is due. Wvu won and you have nothing good to say about it. It says much about your growth as a person. You don't know anything about football. If we listened to people like you we would have a new coach every year. Im not the 1st person who's called you out o

Got it, you're an agenda poster...

We can't be rigid is my point. RR came in with the plan of passing a bunch with a mobile QB on roll outs and RPO plays. When we didn't have the QB to do that, he adapted to what he did have and it worked out pretty well. So any coach that is successful at WVU needs to recruit well and that means finding the more undervalued guys that are overlooked than pulling the occasional 5 star. They need to be able to develop the strengths of the players that they do recruit. Lastly the coach needs to mold his system to maximize those strengths more so than try and force a square peg into a round hole.

THOSE POINTS ALL MAKE SENSE TO ME. OF COURSE, I HAVE ANALYTICAL, LOGICAL MIND.

Reactions: Tylerite
So you're so interested in what I have to say that you're unable to put me on ignore? That's cute but really......it's best if we break up now....and I end up on your ignore list.
Hard to ignore someone that has 50+ accounts like you

Hard to ignore someone that has 50+ accounts like you

@EERs 3:16

Has 1 profile also uses it on other WVU sports forums. I have seen him in all those forums. I don't agree with a lot he says due to me being the #1 homer. Accusing him of multiple profiles is an untrue statement.

@EERs 3:16

Has 1 profile also uses it on other WVU sports forums. I have seen him in all those forums. I don't agree with a lot he says due to me being the #1 homer. Accusing him of multiple profiles is an untrue statement.
You got a queen coal like....not sure how the rest of your weekend could get any better than that.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT