ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Baylor

This is out of frustration, but I hope the coliseum is empty on our next home game. No excuses. Their 50% free throw shooter is 5 for 6 and our guards can’t make free throws. Just unacceptable year after year, after year.

This is out of frustration, but I hope the coliseum is empty on our next home game. No excuses. Their 50% free throw shooter is 5 for 6 and our guards can’t make free throws. Just unacceptable year after year, after year.
The problem is we took the lead with under 4 minutes left. And then missed 7 or 8 straight shots. I don't disagree with you about FT's, but we had STUPID fouls by one guy 25 feet from the basket. Couldn't rebound in crucial misses that led to Mitchell fouling out. And Stevenson, our best shooter, has had back-to-back horrible shooting nights, not to mention continuing his trend of stupid fouling.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Again, the scouting report said their 3 guards will do 75% of the scoring. So what do we do? Allow them to score 80% of it tonight.

Failure in clutch situations, especially late in game, a killer again.

Can’t blame refs. Personals 27-26.
Turnovers close 10-7.
3’s close, 9-8.
WVU missed SIXTEEN 3’s, Baylor FOURTEEN. No glory there for either team.

Baylor 11-2 in free throws in final 2 minutes. WVU 5-1. That’s 6-point swing on MADE free throws in final 2 minutes. WVU lost by 5 points.

Baylor missed EIGHT free throws in game. WVU missed NINE.

Improvement, still losing it down stretch in clutch situations. Could have been 3-1 instead of 0-4 in Big 12 because Kansas is Kansas and almost no one will beat Kansas in America.

Saturday at Oklahoma, next Wednesday TCU comes to Morgantown.

My heart aches.

I don't know why any WVU fan would delight in "I told you so" responses when my beloved alma mater is floundering so badly. Not classy or supportive.

It will tough for me to go to sleep tonight. I had such high hopes for the imported talent on this team.

And Jalen Bridges probably should ask the student section "how my d*ck taste" because he made clutch FT's down stretch and couple shots around the rim.

Again, the scouting report said their 3 guards will do 75% of the scoring. So what do we do? Allow them to score 80% of it tonight.
G- Keyonte George is not a normal player he is predicted as 5th in Lottery pick and he's only a Freshman.

CFE...you do realize you're cutting and pasting the same "my heart is broken " BS on more than one thread on more than one site don't you?

Reactions: KingCoal
G- Keyonte George is not a normal player he is predicted as 5th in Lottery pick and he's only a Freshman.
We should have started a smaller lineup tonight. Baylor's big men don't score. We could have handled them with Matthews/Mitchell/Stevenson combo. Wilson/Touissant/Johnson/K. Johnson on the three guards that do most of their scoring.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
We should have started a smaller lineup tonight. Baylor's big men don't score. We could have handled them with Matthews/Mitchell/Stevenson combo. Wilson/Touissant/Johnson/K. Johnson on the three guards that do most of their scoring.
I agree.

Root will now call you an excuse maker.

7:52 to play WVU up 59-54
1:39 to play WVU down 72-66

6 minute stretch; Baylor went on an 18-7 run
No timeouts
No changes of D

WVU 1-7 from the Field, 2 Turnovers, 4-7 from FT

You're wrong once again, moron. Mitchell was in the game
during that six-minute time frame.
Mitchell leading rebounder and key scorer in the paint fouled out. Get your mouth off of roots balls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT