ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia announces six-week reopening process

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/494966-west-virginia-announces-six-week-reopening-process

justicejim_110218gn_lead.jpg

© Greg Nash

West Virginia's Gov. Jim Justice (R) announced Monday that his state would implement a six-week plan to reopen some sectors of the state economy, while continuing to battle the spread of coronavirus.

In a news release on the governor's website, Justice said that health centers and hospitals would be able to resume elective procedures as part of the first phase of the plan, beginning April 30. Hospitals must be able to show that they have adequate stockpiles of personal protective equipment (PPE) and a plan to respond to a surge in coronavirus cases in order to be eligible.

A second phase, beginning a week later, would allow businesses that provide professional services such as hair salons to reopen, though they will be subject to a number of new restrictions including provisions requiring customers to make appointments and wait in their vehicles or elsewhere before their scheduled time.

Also reopening in the second phase will be any small business with 10 employees or less, while further reopening requirements are set to be released in the days ahead.

After week 2 comes four weeks of staggered reopenings of other sectors of the West Virginia economy, based on a schedule that state health experts plan to release in the coming weeks. Not included in the plan are provisions to reopen concert venues, sporting events, and movie theaters, according to the governor's statement, which explained that such businesses would remain closed.

“We’ve come up with a methodology that we think will move us forward, with science and math behind it, and experts behind it, and leadership behind it, we’re absolutely moving in the right way,” Justice said in a statement accompanying the news release. “We’re going to monitor and watch every day and we’re going to take small steps and we will see where we are.

“If we’ve got to stop, or slow, or back up, then that’s what we’re going to do. You’ve done good work so far, West Virginia, and now we’re going to have to move forward. We cannot sit still forever because too many bad things will happen," he added.

Justice's announcement comes as President Trump reportedly urged governors to consider reopening public schools in the days ahead, while several other states have also announced plans to reopen some businesses in the coming days.

https://governor.wv.gov/News/press-...state-“West-Virginia-Strong-–-The-Comeback”.aspx

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/494966-west-virginia-announces-six-week-reopening-process

justicejim_110218gn_lead.jpg

© Greg Nash

West Virginia's Gov. Jim Justice (R) announced Monday that his state would implement a six-week plan to reopen some sectors of the state economy, while continuing to battle the spread of coronavirus.

In a news release on the governor's website, Justice said that health centers and hospitals would be able to resume elective procedures as part of the first phase of the plan, beginning April 30. Hospitals must be able to show that they have adequate stockpiles of personal protective equipment (PPE) and a plan to respond to a surge in coronavirus cases in order to be eligible.

A second phase, beginning a week later, would allow businesses that provide professional services such as hair salons to reopen, though they will be subject to a number of new restrictions including provisions requiring customers to make appointments and wait in their vehicles or elsewhere before their scheduled time.

Also reopening in the second phase will be any small business with 10 employees or less, while further reopening requirements are set to be released in the days ahead.

After week 2 comes four weeks of staggered reopenings of other sectors of the West Virginia economy, based on a schedule that state health experts plan to release in the coming weeks. Not included in the plan are provisions to reopen concert venues, sporting events, and movie theaters, according to the governor's statement, which explained that such businesses would remain closed.

“We’ve come up with a methodology that we think will move us forward, with science and math behind it, and experts behind it, and leadership behind it, we’re absolutely moving in the right way,” Justice said in a statement accompanying the news release. “We’re going to monitor and watch every day and we’re going to take small steps and we will see where we are.

“If we’ve got to stop, or slow, or back up, then that’s what we’re going to do. You’ve done good work so far, West Virginia, and now we’re going to have to move forward. We cannot sit still forever because too many bad things will happen," he added.

Justice's announcement comes as President Trump reportedly urged governors to consider reopening public schools in the days ahead, while several other states have also announced plans to reopen some businesses in the coming days.

https://governor.wv.gov/News/press-releases/2020/Pages/COVID-19-UPDATE-Gov.-Justice-unveils-plan-to-reopen-state-“West-Virginia-Strong-–-The-Comeback”.aspx
Wonder when they'll open up golf, state parks, etc?

Wonder when they'll open up golf, state parks, etc?

Golf is already open isn't it? My son's been out to play a number of times. They're requiring 1 person per cart, or walking, but local courses have been open.

Golf is already open isn't it? My son's been out to play a number of times. They're requiring 1 person per cart, or walking, but local courses have been open.
Not govt ran courses.

So how did they come up with the 'any small business with 10 employees or less' determination? There's no fvcking science there, it's a damn stab in the dark. It's like all the guidelines - arbitrarily set. What we're going to do in week one is the same damn things we're going to do in later weeks with other businesses opening up. Large box stores have seemed to be handled it fine. Quit pussy-footing around and get it done.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
How idiotic. Your metric is 3% with no regard to how much of the entire population has been tested.

As of yesterday, 2.4% of the entire population of the state of WV has been tested (assuming none of the tests were done on the same person, which some of them were). We have tested 43,000 people (not really people, tests) in 7-8 weeks, so at the same rate, in another 6 weeks we will have tested 5% of the entire population.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I won't feel comfortable going out in public, without mitigative measures, until 15-20% of the entire population has been tested. Let's see the numbers after we have made at least 250,000 - 300,000 tests.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I won't feel comfortable going out in public, without mitigative measures, until 15-20% of the entire population has been tested. Let's see the numbers after we have made at least 250,000 - 300,000 tests.
15-20%.........where did you come up with that number........based on science or your pea brain?

How idiotic. Your metric is 3% with no regard to how much of the entire population has been tested.

As of yesterday, 2.4% of the entire population of the state of WV has been tested (assuming none of the tests were done on the same person, which some of them were). We have tested 43,000 people (not really people, tests) in 7-8 weeks, so at the same rate, in another 6 weeks we will have tested 5% of the entire population.

What does testing 15-20% of total population get us? It's just a snapshot of who had the virus at the time they were tested. We need antigen testing and proof/assurance of immunity or at least suppressed symptoms.

Reactions: rog1187
What does testing 15-20% of total population get us? It's just a snapshot of who had the virus at the time they were tested. We need antigen testing and proof/assurance of immunity or at least suppressed symptoms.
Sure seems like you are super seriously interested.

And, you call every conservative on here a "pussy?" My God you're either the largest vagina ever born or just puking the liberal talking points designed to preclude any economic recovery until after November.

And, you call every conservative on here a "pussy?" My God you're either the largest vagina ever born or just puking the liberal talking points designed to preclude any economic recovery until after November.

Shutting down long enough to allow the system to catch up is justifiable. Staying shut down is moronic for numerous reasons. Keep the compromised immune system and elderly home and let everyone else get back to work while following the guidelines. If your elected leaders continue to push for anything else without real justification vote their ass out of office in November.

No, I call every trumper a moron and you're one of them.

You have a good degree of confidence in sampling 2.4% of the population or a good degree of confidence in sampling 15% of the population?

It points out the stupidity in the governor's rationale for targeting a 3% or lower positive test result without regard to sample size. Idiotic.

You have a good degree of confidence in sampling 2.4% of the population or a good degree of confidence in sampling 15% of the population?

It points out the stupidity in the governor's rationale for targeting a 3% or lower positive test result without regard to sample size. Idiotic.
what do you want the Governor to do?

The Governor's less than 3% positive test rate is arbitrary and foolish because it should make no difference as to whether the positive test rate is 3%, 4% or even 5%. The fact is that West Virginia's postive test rate, which is less than 3%, is far below the national average and the surrounding states' averages. Your snowflake theory that 15-20% of this state's population should be tested before people here return to work is idiotic, and considered extreme even by other liberals. You're either afraid of your own shadow or just puking out this horsesh!t because you know that it would lock up our economy until at least November, if this many people had to be tested.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
what do you want the Governor to do?
Snowflake CuntryTard wants Justice to order that 15-20% of all West Virginians be tested before anybody locked-down now is allowed to return to work. It's a radical theory that proves what a giant vagina or shameless demagogue he is.

The Governor's less than 3% positive test rate is arbitrary and foolish because it should make no difference as to whether the positive test rate is 3%, 4% or even 5%. The fact is that West Virginia's postive test rate, which is less than 3%, is far below the national average and the surrounding states' averages. Your snowflake theory that 15-20% of this state's population should be tested before people here return to work is idiotic, and considered extreme even by other liberals. You're either afraid of your own shadow or just puking out this horsesh!t because you know that it would lock up our economy until at least November, if this many people had to be tested.

My plan would be to graduate the roll out of the return to normal plan based on infection and death rates per county. Mon and Berkley counties had the highest, I think where as Fayette, Summers, Barbour, etc. did not. Screening procedures could occur for indoor restaurants. Temperature could be a reason to admit or not someone to a place to eat as well as wear a mask. Fever and cough are the two high risk symptoms.

A similar county-by-county approach has been taken in Florida, BigLick. The beaches in Jacksonville were reopened before beaches in the Miami area because of the much lower infection rate in North Florida vs. South Florida. Dr. Birx endorsed this approach.

Snowflake CuntryTard wants Justice to order that 15-20% of all West Virginians be tested before anybody locked-down now is allowed to return to work. It's a radical theory that proves what a giant vagina or shameless demagogue he is.

You have no f'ucking clue about probability and statistics. Go ahead, knock yourself out - go out in public with no mitigative measures.

You have no f'ucking clue about probability and statistics. Go ahead, knock yourself out - go out in public with no mitigative measures.
News flash, d!pshit: I own a very small, but "essential," business, and have never closed. Justice's long list of essential businesses includes your work, too. The difference between us is that you're a gaping vagina afraid of your own shadow, and I'm not. You're in West Virginia and not old, so buck up, little camper...we'll find your sleeping bag.

News flash, d!pshit: I own a very small, but "essential," business, and have never closed. Justice's long list of essential businesses includes your work, too. The difference between us is that you're a gaping vagina afraid of your own shadow, and I'm not. You're in West Virginia and not old, so buck up, little camper...we'll find your sleeping bag.

It's not about me, dumbass, it's about any elderly or immuno-compromised I may come in contact with. And you do realize carriers can be asymptomatic? Of course you don't; you're an idiot right winger.

It's not about me, dumbass, it's about any elderly or immuno-compromised I may come in contact with. And you do realize carriers can be asymptomatic? Of course you don't; you're an idiot right winger.
Aren't the people you described not smart enough to continue avoiding crowds? I think you underestimate the intelligence of people. Of course, there will be dumbasses that don't follow the rules in place, just as there have been ever since man was created. The state of WV has speed limits posted throughout the highway system, but do you see everybody obeying them? Of course not. Rules were made to be broken, and some dumbasses will venture outside, despite having one foot in the grave prior to doing so. Maybe it's a good time to weed out the dumbasses.

I don't work at a nursing home or with with anybody older than 49, dumb a$$. Moreover, I don't come into contact with the elderly. I doubt that you do, either, as your clients typically die from overdoses long before they've reached advanced age. That shadow of yours is overwhelming, isn't it?

What’s wrong with tongue punching a fart box?

Lol.. Was looking out for cunty's health.

"If you’re having unprotected oral sex on an anus, or putting a penis or sex toy in your mouth after it’s been in someone’s anus"

Lol.. Was looking out for cunty's health.

"If you’re having unprotected oral sex on an anus, or putting a penis or sex toy in your mouth after it’s been in someone’s anus"
Never go A2M. It’s just disrespectful to the lady.

Nobody is really sure you've ever seen the light of day from your basement. Have you actually ever been outside or is the basement door locked?

I've been out in public. It's no different than before. Just less morons to dodge.

Nobody is really sure you've ever seen the light of day from your basement. Have you actually ever been outside or is the basement door locked?

Yeah, I've been out. Dildo dave pussed out meeting me at the Oklahoma State game a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I've been out. Dildo dave pussed out meeting me at the Oklahoma State game a couple of years ago.

What about the past 2 months? Have you stayed hidden in a cave after hoarding all the TP, food and water?

I've been running, cycling, riding my motorcycle...Life is awesome!

Then why are you crying like a bitch telling people we should all lock ourselves indoors and hide in the dark in fear of coronavirus? Typical 2 faced Dem. Says one thing does another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT