ADVERTISEMENT

well..we are only #2...in the country

I doubt that until a few players in this drama are retired or move on, the game will never happen. The first game in the new Charleston Civic Center should be WVU Marshall, but it will be Concrd vs Univ. of Charleston in front of 350 fans. What a showcase for the multi million dollar upgrade.
From a practical standpoint, I think you're correct, Huggy has dug in and the administration and to some extent the fan base has bought in to not playing the game.

"When were you on ignore .... a year ago on another board? Wow." You're not nearly as smart as you pretend to be, W. Va. State loser. You knew quite well that you had placed me on ignore on this very board, as you had to take me off of ignore to respond to my posts directly. I haven't seen a liar so caught up in his lie since Rich Fraud got caught cheating by Rita!

[laughing]
No sorry, I don't live and breathe and spend hours on end on an internet message board to care. You were off ignore a couple of months ago, but with more important things going on in my life, I haven't been here. I'm so so sorry my world doesn't revolve around this little chat board like it does your little world.

Keep ranting though, Michigan is bound to come to your aid.

As far as RichRod, which affair are you talking about?

This is what I would offer:

2018 game in Morgantown

2019 game in Charleston with tickets sales through the schools.

2020 game in Morgantown

2021 game in Huntington

2022 game in Morgantown

A 3 1/2 for 1 1/2. Given the state of each program.

This is what I would offer:

2018 game in Morgantown

2019 game in Charleston with tickets sales through the schools.

2020 game in Morgantown

2021 game in Huntington

2022 game in Morgantown

A 3 1/2 for 1 1/2. Given the state of each program.
Here's what we would accept, home and home or neutral court in Charleston. Wouldn't mind seeing a Christmas tourny in Charleston every year with both of us in different brackets and if we both win meet in the finals....your thoughts?

Come on Coach. You know the Ohio guy doesn't need anybody to come to his aid, and certainly not me. He's held his own against the entire board (and other boards) for the last decade. I only chimed in, because I remember you discussing placing the Ohio guy on ignore (on this forum), and you made your point about it time after time after time in multiple threads. One thing I like about the new setup here is that the search functionality is really good, assuming one knows how to use it properly.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Here's what we would accept, home and home or neutral court in Charleston. Wouldn't mind seeing a Christmas tourny in Charleston every year with both of us in different brackets and if we both win meet in the finals....your thoughts?
Very disingenuous on the cousin's part, to always sculpture up these one sided deals.

.... and WVU owes Marshall a home and home series? 40 plus years ago, maybe, but not today.

I at least I want to see the game played, but you will more than likely never see any offer for a game in Huntington out of WVU for 5-10 years

My 3 for 1 plus 1 in Charleston is the least that I think WV would agree on. But again, there has to be a few people gone before either side will answer the phone.

I would make it a "classic ". WVU & Marshall bring in a team to play, then the out of towners play then the WV MU game. No risk of not having the matchup and a good crowd. Biggest problem is getting a sponsor to put the thing on. The number one reason the basketball series was dropped was not Huggin's ego, but that no one wanted to sponsor the capital classic. I keep saying it's all about the money.

I think that they both should play, but finding a way to get through the money and egos is a tall order.

I would make it a "classic ". WVU & Marshall bring in a team to play, then the out of towners play then the WV MU game. No risk of not having the matchup and a good crowd. Biggest problem is getting a sponsor to put the thing on. The number one reason the basketball series was dropped was not Huggin's ego, but that no one wanted to sponsor the capital classic. I keep saying it's all about the money.

I think that they both should play, but finding a way to get through the money and egos is a tall order.
Can't disagree with your thoughts but the frustrating thing to me is that this is just a basketball tilt not a zero sum game as many see it.

SOS does not equal "zero sum". WVU does not owe Marshall anything. I hope they never play again. The #2 team in the country is being shamed for not wanting to play a team that hasn't made the NCAA games since Ronald Reagan was President? Are you kidding me? Call me whatever you want but facts don't lie. WVU gains NOTHING for beating a pathetic team like Marshall. It can only hurt them. Huggins did exactly what I wanted him to do. Now Marshall can wither on the vine and die. Tony says, "Here's what we would accept" I hate to break it to you but Marshall isn't in a position to say "what they would accept. Their position should be, "since our coach is a moron we will take whatever you are willing to give us. Please."

Reactions: old buzzard
...........not a zero sum game as many see it.

What else could you call it other than a zero sum game ? Travel 155 miles to a neutral court, provide 3/4 of the ticket sales, and split the gate evenly........, sounds zero sum to me, at least from WVU's perspective

SOS does not equal "zero sum". WVU does not owe Marshall anything. I hope they never play again. The #2 team in the country is being shamed for not wanting to play a team that hasn't made the NCAA games since Ronald Reagan was President? Are you kidding me? Call me whatever you want but facts don't lie. WVU gains NOTHING for beating a pathetic team like Marshall. It can only hurt them. Huggins did exactly what I wanted him to do. Now Marshall can wither on the vine and die. Tony says, "Here's what we would accept" I hate to break it to you but Marshall isn't in a position to say "what they would accept. Their position should be, "since our coach is a moron we will take whatever you are willing to give us. Please."
Blah, Blah, Blah....let's toss it up and play a basketball contest. Wall Street bankers don't try to get the leverage you boys attempt!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT