ADVERTISEMENT

well, that cancels my plans for Arizona in October...

Not to detract from your fun, but you know the Republicans blocked Biden from closing the border.. right? If you trust any politician, T included, you’re not paying attention.

Consider taking this stuff to the appropriate board.
Do you mean the bill designed to send more money to Ukraine and had nothing to do with fixing the issues at the border? Biden has the same authority to stop this mess that he caused on day 1 of his presidency and doesn’t need congress at all to reverse his own actions. Your final two comments, I agree with. Don’t trust any politician (follow the money) and take it to the OT board

Also, there is absolutely nothing fun to hear or see innocent kids being killed because our politicians are so corrupt that they completely abandon the one priority that they are obligated to. Protecting our legal and tax paying citizens.

Do you mean the bill designed to send more money to Ukraine and had nothing to do with fixing the issues at the border? Biden has the same authority to stop this mess that he caused on day 1 of his presidency and doesn’t need congress at all to reverse his own actions. Your final two comments, I agree with. Don’t trust any politician (follow the money) and take it to the OT board
none of it is as simple as they say. none of them are honest. all gamesmanship.

taking a side just means you are fooled

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
That’s their last priority!!!
both side and not a single one thinks about anything other than helping themselves.

pains me to see otherwise good people arguing over trump and biden, neither one would pee on you if you’re on fire. politics are shameful

Not to detract from your fun, but you know the Republicans blocked Biden from closing the border.. right? If you trust any politician, T included, you’re not paying attention.

The Biden Administration sparked the worst border crisis in American history and placed Americans’ lives at risk by abandoning deterrent-focused immigration policies and proven border enforcement tools.

I agree this should be taken to the appropriate board.

both side and not a single one thinks about anything other than helping themselves.

pains me to see otherwise good people arguing over trump and biden, neither one would pee on you if you’re on fire. politics are shameful
Term limits are needed at all levels of government. It is especially important to apply term limits to Congress.

Term limits counterbalance incumbent advantages. Congressional term limits are a necessary corrective to inequalities which inevitably hinder challengers and aid incumbents. Each House Member, for instance, receives nearly a million dollars per year to pay for franked free mail, staff salaries, and office and travel expenses. While campaigning, incumbents continue to receive salaries upwards of $130,000 a year.

Term limits secure Congress's independent judgment. Term limits minimize Members' incentives for reelection-related "pork- barrel" legislation.

This argument has been going on since 1994 or earlier even. Politicians should not be allowed to make a career out of being in office. That is not what it was intended for.

You either are a victim of media induced ignorance or you are lying. The Constitution and laws on the books give the Executive Branch all the power the current President needs to shut down the border. Funding is plentiful as well, just being used to deal with immigrants already here awaiting asylum claims to be adjudicated rather than actually preventing people from crossing before making the asylum claim.

The President claiming he needs a "border bill" to do anything is just political manipulation. He and his party wanted to pass a bill so that they could get other things funded like Ukraine. But also to get Republicans on the books as having a hand in the border issue to make it a less effective campaign tool wielded against them come November.

You either are a victim of media induced ignorance or you are lying. The Constitution and laws on the books give the Executive Branch all the power the current President needs to shut down the border. Funding is plentiful as well, just being used to deal with immigrants already here awaiting asylum claims to be adjudicated rather than actually preventing people from crossing before making the asylum claim.

The President claiming he needs a "border bill" to do anything is just political manipulation. He and his party wanted to pass a bill so that they could get other things funded like Ukraine. But also to get Republicans on the books as having a hand in the border issue to make it a less effective campaign tool wielded against them come November.
okay. you don’t understand the law. idc if you ever do. we are not settling the issue here lol

but do ask yourself why trump requested a bill too. and why he didn’t shut the border down.

okay. you don’t understand the law. idc if you ever do. we are not settling the issue here lol

but do ask yourself why trump requested a bill too. and why he didn’t shut the border down.

Explain what law was passed by the US legislature between 2019 and 2023 that made Biden incapable of handling the border the way Trump did? What law made it to where immigrants were no longer able to be deported if they did not come through ports of entry? How about those that did try to come to ports of entry not being allowed in until their asylum claim was adjudicated rather than let in, accommodated at tax payer expense, and allowed into the interior of the country on their honor that why would show up to a later court date? I'll wait, since you are the one telling me I do not understand the law. Please inform me and make my argument look ignorant. Or you can say platitudes and/or remain silent and prove me right.

I could point you to the numbers but I have a feeling you would say any source is a liberal rag.. pew research, cato, etc

Here’s all you need to know and, if you care to do your real research, you can verify it:

Trump reduced legal immigration.

Trump did not reduce illegal migration.

Our economy is the greatest in the world, due in large part to legal immigration.

If you like tough on immigrant policies. you must have loved Obama.

A few more tidbits: Statistically, there is a .001% probability of you being as smart as me. Stick to the politics board. Read more and post less.

I have spoken. It is done. 😀

I could point you to the numbers but I have a feeling you would say any source is a liberal rag.. pew research, cato, etc

Here’s all you need to know and, if you care to do your real research, you can verify it:

Trump reduced legal immigration.

Trump did not reduce illegal migration.

Our economy is the greatest in the world, due in large part to legal immigration.

If you like tough on immigrant policies. you must have loved Obama.

A few more tidbits: Statistically, there is a .001% probability of you being as smart as me. Stick to the politics board. Read more and post less.

I have spoken. It is done. 😀

First I guarantee I am more intelligent than you. Feel free to actually give numbers instead of allude to them. You won't because you don't have them. Rather you feel they must exist since your political ideology says they must.

All sources, even the liberal ones, note the number of border crossing is increased since Biden took office. You can massage the numbers by saying that immigrants who cross the border outside of ports of entry and then make an asylum claim once detained before being released into the United States with a later court date as not "illegal immigrants" as their asylum claim adjudication is pending a year or 2 in the future. However, that is playing with statistics.

Second, unlike you I can see nuisance. Obama did have better border policy than Biden. Even better than Bush likely. Unfortunately Obama's shift of the democratic play book to create a coalition of the dispossessed based upon minority status in the US to win the 2012 election created the incentive for his party to reverse that stance. 10-20 years ago it was Dem's claiming illegal immigration was bad due corporations undercutting American laborers with illegal immigrants. Obama was motivated by political expedience not by principle. Drop him into the Oval Office today and he would be like Biden if he could get away with it.

Third, immigration has only benefitted the US when there was no social safety nets nor enclaves of communities unto themselves for immigrants to insulate against assimilation. People coming to the US when the choice was either be productive or die and in doing the former assimilated into the basic ideas of the American Constitution was beneficial. However, coming to the US to get benefits and eschew the basic tenets of America's founding is a detriment. That is true of any nation.

Lastly, you avoid the question. It was you that tried to call someone else ignorant by implying that Biden needed a legislative bill passed in order to address the border issue. Explain why. That onus is on you because, as stated earlier, there have been no legislative laws passed between 2016 and now handcuffing how the executive handles immigration. Nothing prevents the deportation of illegal immigrants found within the country or keeping asylum seekers on the other side of the border until their claims are addressed other than the will to do it. And the current administration lacks that will.

Last edited:
Send them to Morgantown. Hoppy loves when jobless people hang outside of his office window on the Deckers Creek Trail. Like most liberals, he's only liberal until it affects him personally.

Too bad Biden auctioned off the rest of Trump's wall materials...

First I guarantee I am more intelligent than you. Feel free to actually give numbers instead of allude to them. You won't because you don't have them. Rather you feel they must exist since your political ideology says they must.

All sources, even the liberal ones, note the number of border crossing is increased since Biden took office. You can massage the numbers by saying that immigrants who cross the border outside of ports of entry and then make an asylum claim once detained before being released into the United States with a later court date as not "illegal immigrants" as their asylum claim adjudication is pending a year or 2 in the future. However, that is playing with statistics.

Second, unlike you I can see nuisance. Obama did have better border policy than Biden. Even better than Bush likely. Unfortunately Obama's shift of the democratic play book to create a coalition of the dispossessed based upon minority status in the US to win the 2012 election created the incentive for his party to reverse that stance. 10-20 years ago it was Dem's claiming illegal immigration was bad due corporations undercutting American laborers with illegal immigrants. Obama was motivated by political expedience not by principle. Drop him into the Oval Office today and he would be like Biden if he could get away with it.

Third, immigration has only benefitted the US when there was no social safety nets nor enclaves of communities unto themselves for immigrants to insulate against assimilation. People coming to the US when the choice was either be productive or die and in doing the former assimilated into the basic ideas of the American Constitution was beneficial. However, coming to the US to get benefits and eschew the basic tenets of America's founding is a detriment. That is true of any nation.

Lastly, you avoid the question. It was you that tried to call someone else ignorant by implying that Biden needed a legislative bill passed in order to address the border issue. Explain why. That onus is on you because, as stated earlier, there have been no legislative laws passed between 2016 and now handcuffing how the executive handles immigration. Nothing prevents the deportation of illegal immigrants found within the country or keeping asylum seekers on the other side of the border until their claims are addressed other than the will to do it. And the current administration lacks that will.

I see you are thinking about what you don’t know. Understanding nuisance is the key to understanding. You are welcome.

The border “crisis” is a political animal. Please report back when you have new information.

Let's not be stupid. Biden could put back stay in Mexico, immediately deport anyone caught and recinde catch and release with a stroke of a pen. Doesn't need congress. THAT'S HIS JOB.
Th think otherwise shows your ignorance...... or shows how much you hate America.

Let's not be stupid. Biden could put back stay in Mexico, immediately deport anyone caught and recinde catch and release with a stroke of a pen. Doesn't need congress. THAT'S HIS JOB.
Th think otherwise shows your ignorance...... or shows how much you hate America.
You fellas sure let politicians rouse you up. Good luck with that. My only problem is people are confused about the issue, or they choose to lump legal immigrants in with illegal immigration. The latter just means they are xenophobic or worse, but okay.

This article breaks down what could be done w or without the bill and it’s written in simple sentences:

I see you are thinking about what you don’t know. Understanding nuisance is the key to understanding. You are welcome.

The border “crisis” is a political animal. Please report back when you have new information.

And this is how I know I am smarter than you. I gave you facts and you gave me drivel. Nothing has changed in regards to legislation at the border that prevents Biden from even doing what Obama did regarding immigration. You can't prove otherwise and thus you cannot contradict my statement that Biden doesn't need any legislation to do more than he is currently doing regarding illegal border crossing. His administration is actively choosing not to deport illegal immigration and to encourage illegal border crossings.

And this is how I know I am smarter than you. I gave you facts and you gave me drivel. Nothing has changed in regards to legislation at the border that prevents Biden from even doing what Obama did regarding immigration. You can't prove otherwise and thus you cannot contradict my statement that Biden doesn't need any legislation to do more than he is currently doing regarding illegal border crossing. His administration is actively choosing not to deport illegal immigration and to encourage illegal border crossings.

Didn’t I say Obama was tougher on illegal immigrants than Trump and Biden?

Is your problem with immigration or more specifically with illegal immigration? If it’s the latter, you should be voting 3rd party. If it’s the former, Trump will feed your xenophobia.

Didn’t I say Obama was tougher on illegal immigrants than Trump and Biden?

Is your problem with immigration or more specifically with illegal immigration? If it’s the latter, you should be voting 3rd party. If it’s the former, Trump will feed your xenophobia.

You did say that about Obama and I responded. You ignored that response and also ignored the issue that made this dialogue happen in the first place. You claimed that Biden couldn't do more than what he has been doing with regard to immigration because he was "blocked" by Republicans in the legislature. I countered with the obvious political reason Biden wants legislation passed and explained there is no reason Biden can't do what Obama and Trump did regarding immigration as no legislation has been passed that handcuffs the Executive branch in this regard. You have ceded this point by going off on irrelevant tangents rather than making a substantive counter point.

With regard to your question about my issue with immigration, I have a problem with ANY immigration that is solely for access to US resources. Many people who are ethnically Chinese, Indian, Nigerian, Arabic, etc... are more American than white people born in this country. And by more American I mean they believe in the founding principles of the United States and want to come here for the idea of freedom to alienate their own labor and to be the primary beneficiaries of that hard work. I mean people that believe the west, including America, became great by having a sound social and political system foundation even if it is imperfect. Those immigrants are welcome.

Immigrants however who just want access to the American economy, but want to keep their own political and social foundation are not. These are immigrants who think the west and America are PRIMARILY, before we get off into the weeds arguing about warts, prosperous due to luck and nefarious action. These are Immigrants who want to change America's founding principles. Or just ignore them and have their own enclaves where they eschew assimilation in favor of continuing the failed policy of their home country yet having the American economy subsidize it to prevent it from going to crap like it has done elsewhere. That kind of mentality, regardless of ethnicity or place of origin, should prohibit legal immigration to this country.

Trump ignored illegal immigration. People are saying Biden is too, although I suspect the backlog created by the pandemic is an underlying reason for the traffic since then.

These things are indisputable. Trump is lying about his immigration record. The border bill could not have made things worse. It should have been passed into law. Trump is great politician and salesman.

KimWexlerMAJD

“And so, they are going to be overwhelmed”

Tucson is bracing for street releases of migrants

by Lauren Gilger via KJZX 91.5
20FEB24

Officials in Tucson are bracing for street releases of migrants in their community as federal funding dries up at the end of March. It comes after an unprecedented effort to stave this off. Advocates have been working hard to shelter newly arrived migrants in Tucson, but now, Pima County’s migrant aid effort is facing a funding cliff and county officials are sounding the alarm.

Emily Bregel is covering the story for the Arizona Daily Star and she joined The Show to talk more about it.
LG: County officials there are saying we could be seeing Border Patrol agents releasing hundreds of migrants onto the street, in Tucson, every single day. Right? I mean, how many?

EB: They’re saying it could be up to about 400 people a day. Of course that depends on how many migrants are arriving in the area, but at current levels, it could be about that many.

LG: Wow. Ok. Tell us more about how this system works, up until now. How this migrant aid has been functioning in southern Arizona for quite some time now?

EB: It’s really been quite impressive and complex coordination between numbers of different groups, including the county, and to some extent the city, have been involved in coordinating this, administering federal funding that started to come down in 2019, efforts to provide basic shelter and respite for migrants arriving in the area.

The alternative would [be] migrants, including families and elderly people, being released onto the streets with, really, no resources. Some not even knowing where they are, having illnesses.

And what we’ve seen, recently, about a thousand migrants per day, in this region, are being released. That’s including 500 in the Tucson area and 500 who are actually coming from Santa Cruz and Cochise County.

And as part of this coordinated effort, state-funded buses have been helping to transport those migrants in the smaller border communities, that would really struggle to shelter them themselves, they have been coming up to Tucson as well.

So this is going to impact not only Tucson, but Cochise and Santa Cruz Counties as well, who will no longer have that assistance. And so they are going to be overwhelmed with probably about 500 per day, between those two counties, being released.

LG: Wow. So, as you outlined there, migrants who come in these situations don’t typically stay in border communites like Tucson for long. Right? Like, they’re usually off and on their way if they get this kind of help?[2:39]

EB: Exactly. Yes. Normally within a day or two these families, or individuals, are going on to families or sponsors within the interior of the country. So there they’ll have some place to be, someone to help them kind of get oriented. Something as simple as having a place to charge your cell phone, which some of these families do have.Also, I should point out that 98 percent of these families have their own funding, maybe through their sponsors, to travel. To get their bus ticket or plane ticket, to their families. But it’s having that help, having that access to a computer, figuring out how to buy the plane tickets, that they won’t have, going forward.And, I should point out, this is slated to start in April, as the federal funding will run out at the end of March.LG: Talk a little bit more about the federal funding and the situation there, why this is happening now. Have lawmakers tried to extend this funding to solve this?

EB: This funding would have been extended as part of that recent border security package that was co-sponsored by Kyrsten Sinema, but failed. Within hours of that legislation coming out, we have GOP legislators saying it’s dead on arrival, it’s going nowhere.

Last edited:

KimWexlerMAJD

“And so, they are going to be overwhelmed”

Tucson is bracing for street releases of migrants

by Lauren Gilger via KJZX 91.5
20FEB24

Officials in Tucson are bracing for street releases of migrants in their community as federal funding dries up at the end of March. It comes after an unprecedented effort to stave this off. Advocates have been working hard to shelter newly arrived migrants in Tucson, but now, Pima County’s migrant aid effort is facing a funding cliff and county officials are sounding the alarm.

Emily Bregel is covering the story for the Arizona Daily Star and she joined The Show to talk more about it.
LG: County officials there are saying we could be seeing Border Patrol agents releasing hundreds of migrants onto the street, in Tucson, every single day. Right? I mean, how many?

EB: They’re saying it could be up to about 400 people a day. Of course that depends on how many migrants are arriving in the area, but at current levels, it could be about that many.

LG: Wow. Ok. Tell us more about how this system works, up until now. How this migrant aid has been functioning in southern Arizona for quite some time now?

EB: It’s really been quite impressive and complex coordination between numbers of different groups, including the county, and to some extent the city, have been involved in coordinating this, administering federal funding that started to come down in 2019, efforts to provide basic shelter and respite for migrants arriving in the area.

The alternative would [be] migrants, including families and elderly people, being released onto the streets with, really, no resources. Some not even knowing where they are, having illnesses.

And what we’ve seen, recently, about a thousand migrants per day, in this region, are being released. That’s including 500 in the Tucson area and 500 who are actually coming from Santa Cruz and Cochise County.

And as part of this coordinated effort, state-funded buses have been helping to transport those migrants in the smaller border communities, that would really struggle to shelter them themselves, they have been coming up to Tucson as well.

So this is going to impact not only Tucson, but Cochise and Santa Cruz Counties as well, who will no longer have that assistance. And so they are going to be overwhelmed with probably about 500 per day, between those two counties, being released.

LG: Wow. So, as you outlined there, migrants who come in these situations don’t typically stay in border communites like Tucson for long. Right? Like, they’re usually off and on their way if they get this kind of help?[2:39]

EB: Exactly. Yes. Normally within a day or two these families, or individuals, are going on to families or sponsors within the interior of the country. So there they’ll have some place to be, someone to help them kind of get oriented. Something as simple as having a place to charge your cell phone, which some of these families do have.Also, I should point out that 98 percent of these families have their own funding, maybe through their sponsors, to travel. To get their bus ticket or plane ticket, to their families. But it’s having that help, having that access to a computer, figuring out how to buy the plane tickets, that they won’t have, going forward.And, I should point out, this is slated to start in April, as the federal funding will run out at the end of March.LG: Talk a little bit more about the federal funding and the situation there, why this is happening now. Have lawmakers tried to extend this funding to solve this?

EB: This funding would have been extended as part of that recent border security package that was co-sponsored by Kyrsten Sinema, but failed. Within hours of that legislation coming out, we have GOP legislators saying it’s dead on arrival, it’s going nowhere.

The Republicans made a shortsighted mistake by killing that conservative immigration billl. Now they own the immigration consequences. And Democrats will campaign on protecting the border, as they should.

The Republicans made a shortsighted mistake by killing that conservative immigration billl. Now they own the immigration consequences. And Democrats will campaign on protecting the border, as they should.

"Conservative" bill that did absolutely nothing to slow influx unless 5K+ border crossings happened per day and still spent most of Border Patrol's resources on transporting migrants into the country to await asylum claim adjudication and processing? Anyone who says that bill was "conservative" is either lying or didn't actually read the bill and is just regurgitating what their preferred media outlet tells them is in the bill.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
"Conservative" bill that did absolutely nothing to slow influx unless 5K+ border crossings happened per day and still spent most of Border Patrol's resources on transporting migrants into the country to await asylum claim adjudication and processing? Anyone who says that bill was "conservative" is either lying or didn't actually read the bill and is just regurgitating what their preferred media outlet tells them is in the bill.

I forgot Sen Lankford is a flaming liberal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT