ADVERTISEMENT

We need more food pics in here. How about a brisket cheesesteak?

El~Scronko

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
STL
Went to a local barbecue place recently, and the wife got their brisket cheesesteak, which she said was awesome. Seeing as I had been wanting to smoke a brisket again, we gave it a go over the weekend. It turned out quite nicely!

zFhudmm.jpg

Toasted whole wheat bun, vidalia onion, green pepper, red pepper, and provel cheese. Now I need to figure out to do with the rest of this brisket...

That looks really good. I've always shyed away from smoking brisket, partly because I like chicken and pork more than beef, but also because of the reputation a brisket has for being a difficult meat to master. But I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 1WVU:
That looks really good. I've always shyed away from smoking brisket, partly because I like chicken and pork more than beef, but also because of the reputation a brisket has for being a difficult meat to master. But I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try
Brisket really is comparatively difficult, imo. I've got pork butts down (huh huh...I said butt), my ribs are pretty decent, and my chicken is good. But this is my third go at brisket, and the first one that came out with good flavor and texture.

My new secret weapon.

Was the BBQ place sugarfire in St. Louis? Not sure where u live. Was just there yesterday and they had that sandwich.

Originally posted by Stone_Cold:
Was the BBQ place sugarfire in St. Louis? Not sure where u live. Was just there yesterday and they had that sandwich.
Yep, the one in St. Charles. Been there twice and had the Big Muddy both times.

Lol, That's what I had the other day. The big muddy. How can you pass up that sandwich?!?!?? I was at the olive rd location.

Pork butts are really hard to mess up. I've always read that you have a small time window with briskets; if you miss that window of opportunity the brisket will suck. But as I said, I need to try. My dad loves beef and I think he'd really enjoy good brisket

Originally posted by Stone_Cold:
Lol, That's what I had the other day. The big muddy. How can you pass up that sandwich?!?!?? I was at the olive rd location.
Turns out I took a pic of that bad boy...and now I'm hungry.

OXKfj4E.jpg

Beautiful. I'll probably be in St. Louis more due to a new business opportunity. I'll let you know one of these times and we'll meet up for a Big Muddy! LOL

I want to try their ribs as well.

I'm always looking for leftover brisket ideas...that ones gonna happen capn. Try brisket tacos...slice cold brisket and fry it on both sides in a pan and do Em like you would any taco or fajita meat. The extra browning pays off!

use your brisket and add a little cole slaw and pickled onions with chipotle aioli for a tasty taco

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT