ADVERTISEMENT

Watching other games over the past several weeks

I only counted you as 1/2 of a delusional WVU homer fan, given your advanced age and loss of one eye, Slow Head. Turkey Buzzard made up the other half.

LOL, you win because you said so. So lets recap, WVU is #7 with wins over 2 teams ranked #1 and a third top 10 team. WVU presses 45% of the time and leads the country in turnovers forced and turnover margin. WVU is in the top 10 in several offense categories. And you declare WVU is using a gimmick to win with not a single fact to back you up and somehow you think you are not getting totally owned in this thread. Man if I did not better I would think you are some delusional poster who steals his internet service and claims fictitious college degrees. Once again thanks for entertaining us with your village idiot routine.

You are unable explain why you are an alumnus of West Virginia State, but beat your chest about WVU, so why should you be expected to explain anything in a coherent fashion?
First off .... That is all you can come up with? A lame attempt to change the topic before you get nuked again I see.

For all that do not know, I did graduate from WV State because I had to work my way through college and could not afford WVU. Numbness knows this but is trying to deflect.

Note: For anyone who wants to see it, I have a copy of my diploma right here in my office. Unlike some on here, I can prove where I graduated from college.

LOL, you win because you said so. So lets recap, WVU is #7 with wins over 2 teams ranked #1 and a third top 10 team. WVU presses 45% of the time and leads the country in turnovers forced and turnover margin. WVU is in the top 10 in several offense categories. And you declare WVU is using a gimmick to win with not a single fact to back you up and somehow you think you are not getting totally owned in this thread. Man if I did not better I would think you are some delusional poster who steals his internet service and claims fictitious college degrees. Once again thanks for entertaining us with your village idiot routine.
God you're dumb, Peachy. Turnovers forced by the press often lead to layups and wide open threes. Some of the Fold & Blew's offensive numbers are inflated because of this. But take a look at WVU's FT%, which is unaffected by the gimmick. Breakfast is served, imbecile.

God you're dumb, Peachy. Turnovers forced by the press often lead to layups and wide open threes. Some of the Fold & Blew's offensive numbers are inflated because of this. But take a look at WVU's FT%, which is unaffected by the gimmick. Breakfast is served, imbecile.
No you win again. At least the dumbass of the year award. WVU dialed back the press against UVA and Kansas. WVU shot 45% against the number 1 defense in the country and over 50% from the 2 on their home court. UVA only had 14 turnovers. Kansas only had 13 turnovers but WVU shot 48% and over 50% from the 2. Beat UVA by 9 and Kansas by 16. Points off of turnovers count the same as points scored in a half court offense. WVU has proved it can score either way and win. See that is how you use facts to destroy a dumbass. Drops the mic and walks off stage.

John Wooden was a great coach in a completely different era: No shot clock, three-point shot, etc. He is irrelevant to this discussion. More crying from the little girls' coach in 3, 2, 1....

You claim John Wooden's success is irrelevant because he coached in a different era - while you keep reminding us that Ahia State won a NC in 1960 - four years before Wooden won his first of 10. The more you post the dumber you look, Mr. Matlock.

Turnovers forced by the press often lead to layups and wide open threes

Which is just another reason why it's an advantageous defense to run.

This has to be an act. Nobody can be so stupid as to continuously destroy their own arguments. Especially somebody supposedly trained in law.

Gomer from Gilmore County fabricates "alternative facts" again. Pressing in the 1960s and 1970s was much different than it is in the shot-clock era, geezer. I'm sorry that your only goal in life is return to the distant past when you were a poor child in God forsaken Gilmer County. It sucks to be you.

Which is just another reason why it's an advantageous defense to run.

This has to be an act. Nobody can be so stupid as to continuously destroy their own arguments. Especially somebody supposedly trained in law.
The word, "gimmick" has you delusional Fold & Blew fans in your own full-press mode, and you know why? You know that I'm right. It's a gimmick; a good gimmick for now, but it won't last.

The word, "gimmick" has you delusional Fold & Blew fans in your own full-press mode, and you know why? You know that I'm right. It's a gimmick; a good gimmick for now, but it won't last.

Know, it doesn't, and know we don't. You're just proving once again how much of an idiot you are.

Adapting styles to fit your players isn't a gimmick it is being a good coach. And playing good defense isn't a gimmick at all, and neither is the press. Lot's of teams have done it, but not many have been able to do it the way we do because they didn't have enough quality depth to do it.

You can't play the way we do with an effective roster of 7-8 players.

And you can't play it if you don't have the balls and the heart and the work ethic to put in the work it takes to get it right.

Reactions: old buzzard
Know, it doesn't, and know we don't. You're just proving once again how much of an idiot you are.

Adapting styles to fit your players isn't a gimmick it is being a good coach. And playing good defense isn't a gimmick at all, and neither is the press. Lot's of teams have done it, but not many have been able to do it the way we do because they didn't have enough quality depth to do it.

You can't play the way we do with an effective roster of 7-8 players.

And you can't play it if you don't have the balls and the heart and the work ethic to put in the work it takes to get it right.

Good points.
First tOFU indeed has proven is idiocy, and the more he posts the more he reinforces it.
And quality depth is the key to being able to press as often as WVU does, I'm not sure but I don't think we've had a single player foul out yet - 22 games into the season.
Work ethic is another key, Nathan Adrian is a perfect example of that.

Gomer from Gilmore County fabricates "alternative facts" again. Pressing in the 1960s and 1970s was much different than it is in the shot-clock era, geezer. I'm sorry that your only goal in life is return to the distant past when you were a poor child in God forsaken Gilmer County. It sucks to be you.
I would really love to hear the difference between then and now, but all we will get is "I own you" or some other bull to run from the topic.

What does Thuggins hope to gain by full-court pressing 40 minutes/game? Turnovers, which create extra possessions, easier shots in transition, and opponents' fatigue. Can you imagine what Dean Smith and Phil Ford would have done against this gimmick? The shot clock prevents the four-corners offense (also, a gimmick), and some other strategies, which would counter Thuggins' gimmick. Lunch has been served. Tip the wait staff on your way out.

What does Thuggins hope to gain by full-court pressing 40 minutes/game? Turnovers, which create extra possessions, easier shots in transition, and opponents' fatigue. Can you imagine what Dean Smith and Phil Ford would have done against this gimmick? The shot clock prevents the four-corners offense (also, a gimmick), and some other strategies, which would counter Thuggins' gimmick. Lunch has been served. Tip the wait staff on your way out.

There you go again..........first you say different eras are irrelevant, and go on to bring up Dean Smith and Phil Ford, both from a different era.
You really should think before you post instead of talking in circles Mr. Matlock.

I was asked to explain the difference between then and now, and did so, ancient dodo bird. Of course, when you're from Gilmer County and long to return there, you're stuck in a time warp, so I understand why you're so confused by my post.

What does Dean Smith and the 4 corners have to do with the differences between full court pressing in the 60 & 70 to now? That only effects half court defense.

So far you have said the full court press created turnovers, extra possessions, easier shots and opponent fatigue. That is true in the past and today. Still waiting for the difference.

I'm not wasting any more time explaining this to you after this post, dumba$$ coach. A good four-corners offense would reduce WVU's possessions, and wear WVU out. WVU would not have more possessions than its opponent or benefit from a tired opponent. I try to be cordial to you, but you cry like the biotch that you always have been. You're truly a stubborn and creepy old fool, who is obsessed with me.

I'm not wasting any more time explaining this to you after this post, dumba$$ coach. A good four-corners offense would reduce WVU's possessions, and wear WVU out. WVU would not have more possessions than its opponent or benefit from a tired opponent. I try to be cordial to you, but you cry like the biotch that you always have been. You're truly a stubborn and creepy old fool, who is obsessed with me.

What does that have to do with the full court press of the 60's vs today?
Answer: Absolutely nothing.

Being a child, you are not man enough to admit you don't know what you are talking about. Enter childish name calling.

Yet another post about things from bygone eras from one who claims bygone eras are irrelevant.

Once again tOFU has been humiliated to the point of not being able to respond. He makes this smack game too easy, time for some new blood.

LOL, ancient dodo bird cries in his Metamucil when I post, then sobs in his prune pudding when I don't!

[laughing]

LOL, ancient dodo bird cries in his Metamucil when I post, then sobs in his prune pudding when I don't!

[laughing]

You were getting humiliated in a basketball discussion and chose to bow out. Try to stay on subject Mr. Matlock.

CryingMan_250w.jpg

You really are an imbecile.
Possessions per game would be reduced for everybody, but it wouldn't change the effectiveness of the press. We don't get many 30 second violations so the shot clock has nothing to do with it. Trapping and getting in passing lanes creates turnovers, and it gets even easier the closer the opponent gets to the corners. We'd still force turnovers 30% of our opponents possessions leading to more easy buckets and extra possessions. Fewer times sprinting up and down the court would wear us out? Interesting logic. We'd still have the depth advantage regardless of shot clock. The score would just be 50-45 instead of 85-72.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
You really are a simpleton, Failed. A successful Phil Ford four-corners offense would make you play defense for a lot longer than 30 seconds, and your three-stars would be worn out. Moreover, many fewer possessions wouldn't allow the Fold & Blew to have a huge advantage in the number of possessions, which is WVU's calling card. If you are incapable of understanding these simple concepts, then you should reapply to Morganhole U., and pray that you finally get accepted.

You really are an imbecile.
Possessions per game would be reduced for everybody, but it wouldn't change the effectiveness of the press. We don't get many 30 second violations so the shot clock has nothing to do with it. Trapping and getting in passing lanes creates turnovers, and it gets even easier the closer the opponent gets to the corners. We'd still force turnovers 30% of our opponents possessions leading to more easy buckets and extra possessions. Fewer times sprinting up and down the court would wear us out? Interesting logic. We'd still have the depth advantage regardless of shot clock. The score would just be 50-45 instead of 85-72.

Valid points, each and every one. I love it when the opposing players take the ball into the corner, either after an in-bounds play or at half court. It's like watching sharks chasing blood, which leads to steals, extra possessions for us, and often times easy buckets. It's called suffocating defense and points in transition. As for sprinting up and down the court..........I've noticed the past few years how WVU players barely sweat while the opponents are dripping wet. Partly because of good conditioning on our part and partly because of one of the deepest benches in the nation. How many times this year have the TV commentators mentioned that the 8th or 9th WVU player has scored in the first half, and as a result of that depth we can substitute freely and keep our guys from fouling out. And how many times has it been mentioned that the opponents prepare their team by practicing 7 or 8 against 5 but even that isn't enough. It's a thing of beauty.

What does Dean Smith and the 4 corners have to do with the differences between full court pressing in the 60 & 70 to now? (There is an echo in this thread) That only effects half court defense. Ford and whoever guard from whatever school you can think up would still have back in the 60's and today, 10 seconds to cross the time line (or half court) At that point, there is no full court press. The effect of the press is the same today as it was in the 60's, unless you can tell me what the difference would be.

Yep, WVU plays a lot of people fewer minutes per player than almost any other school. This will kill recruiting down the road.

What does Dean Smith and the 4 corners have to do with the differences between full court pressing in the 60 & 70 to now? (There is an echo in this thread) That only effects half court defense. Ford and whoever guard from whatever school you can think up would still have back in the 60's and today, 10 seconds to cross the time line (or half court) At that point, there is no full court press. The effect of the press is the same today as it was in the 60's, unless you can tell me what the difference would be.
What about my telling you in this thread that I was done being your teacher don't you understand, dipsh!t?

Yep, WVU plays a lot of people fewer minutes per player than almost any other school. This will kill recruiting down the road.

In your dreams. Part of Huggins success is developing a deep bench. You don't get that by playing someone 40 minutes a game.

You can't teach anyone if you have no clue.

You sure sound big and tough calling me names while hiding behind your computer screen. #NotImpressed

You really are a simpleton, Failed. A successful Phil Ford four-corners offense would make you play defense for a lot longer than 30 seconds, and your three-stars would be worn out. Moreover, many fewer possessions wouldn't allow the Fold & Blew to have a huge advantage in the number of possessions, which is WVU's calling card. If you are incapable of understanding these simple concepts, then you should reapply to Morganhole U., and pray that you finally get accepted.

You just can't help yourself can you? You claim bygone eras are irrelevant but you keep referring to old styles of play from bygone eras and OSU's Championship from 57 years ago.
Makes you sound stupid.

And since when did a huge advantage in the number of possessions become a bad thing ?

It's a good thing you only pretend to be a lawyer Mr. Matlock, because the more you talk the dumber you sound.

Last edited:

There you have it. Dipshit has declared himself the winner of the internets despite being totally and utterly owned by everyone (other than his only friend, a Michigan grad). He will be hanging a banner in his mom's basement next Saturday if anyone wishes to observe this monumental achievement.

Speaking of mommies, is yours dead? She'd have to be, right? I mean, you were alive and old enough to celebrate peach basket wins over UNC, correct? Otherwise, your handle would be even dumber and less meaningful, if that's possible.

There you have it. Dipshit has declared himself the winner of the internets despite being totally and utterly owned by everyone (other than his only friend, a Michigan grad). He will be hanging a banner in his mom's basement next Saturday if anyone wishes to observe this monumental achievement.

Someone help me out here - there has to be a term for people like tOFU who keep subjecting themselves to public humiliation....... .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT