ADVERTISEMENT

POLL Trump Report Card - Economy

What grade do you give the President on the economy at this point in his presidency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wvu2007

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2013
I'm going with a B. I will give an A+ if he moves more aggressive for tax reform.

6OSbavm.jpg

Kudos for an improving economy, but this is a trend line that started a few years ago. The number of food stamp recipients has been dropping since some time on 2013.
At what point do you think people will start giving Trump's policy and economic agenda credit? I'm betting it won't happen until we crest 3% in Q4.

Reactions: Airport
Kudos for an improving economy, but this is a trend line that started a few years ago. The number of food stamp recipients has been dropping since some time on 2013.
That's not what liberal democrats want, an improving economy and decreased numbers receiving federal support.

At what point do you think people will start giving Trump's policy and economic agenda credit? I'm betting it won't happen until we crest 3% in Q4.
My point is that things had been improving before he took office. He hasn't done anything to screw that up.

My point is that things had been improving before he took office. He hasn't done anything to screw that up.
Word choice is always funny to me. I agree, we'd been stable for several years, credit to wherever you want there. I think he's created optimism within industry, so in that regard, while correct, he hasn't done anything to screw the growth up, he has contributed to continued trajectory. As soon as we hit 3%, and assuming he maintains that, it's over Johnny. Mark him down for another 4 years.

We're still running in "Obama's" economy, but there is no doubt that Trump's election created a shift in outlook and optimism.

I'm worried however we're going to see a slow down next year.

My retirement funds are all doing great. Trump has about as much to do with that as I do with his weekly choice of where to golf.

I give a solid B because it is obviously not an A. He needs to interface with congress more. Cannot do what you want without the legislative body assistance.

I would like to do some research on the opinions and how derived by some of our members. How did they vote and why. Less than 100words:

Trump
Chuckie Shu
McConnell
Manchin
Collins
Murk
McCain
Repub
DEem
Any additions you would like

My retirement funds are all doing great. Trump has about as much to do with that as I do with his weekly choice of where to golf.

9 record closes in 2016 prior to the election of Donald Trump. 52 record closes since election day and 35 in 2017 alone.

Yup, has NOTHING to do with Trump.

Do you not think "nothing" is excessive. Just to change the economic thinking gave some impetus. Talk of investment ditto. It is just a damn crime that the media has been so negative. Allow it to grow and it will. It never would have gotten so bad had Obama just stayed out of the way. Reversal of Obama personal damper via the Administrative Laws has added some Impetus.

Nothing is severe. Why did you make the statement? What could have positively been your reasoning? Did it really hurt Trump?

Reversal of Obama personal damper via the Administrative Laws has added some Impetus.
Not according to these guys:

... business leaders no longer seem convinced that meaningful economic policy changes are coming from Washington anytime soon.

The executives who did mention Trump during their most recent calls expressed worry that their businesses and the economy might suffer if nothing gets done.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/08/investing/ceos-trump-earnings/index.html

[QUOTE="mneilmont, post: 1615686, member: 3620"Nothing is severe. Why did you make the statement? What could have positively been your reasoning? Did it really hurt Trump?[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? Do you even know?

9 record closes in 2016 prior to the election of Donald Trump. 52 record closes since election day and 35 in 2017 alone.

Yup, has NOTHING to do with Trump.
What evidence other than Trump's existence do you have that Trump has influenced it? Growth begets growth. Trump wasn't in office until 2017, so you can't give him credit for the last 17 records of 2016 which means that there was a total of 26 records in the last year of the Obama administration. Your conclusion is almost as laughable as MountainBill's (whatever happened to him?) assertion that the crash of 2008 was prompted by Wall Street panicking because they knew in July that Obama was going to be elected.

The ecomony is running right now on what Obama administration put in place. So i am glad some of the Right Wing Nuts are finally praising Obama.

The ecomony is running right now on what Obama administration put in place. So i am glad some of the Right Wing Nuts are finally praising Obama.

Remember just a few weeks ago when you got schooled on minimum wage and ran like a coward after you got spanked?

I agree...got to get that tax reform done
Not at all a 'one man job'. MUST get the lazy, scared, lackluster elected congress to get on with their jobs and get these bills passed. John McCain is as much of a problem in getting anything accomplished as is Chuck Schumer. Too bad he was just re-elected last cycle. He is hindering the President and making his job and accomplishments far more difficult. The Democrat elected officials tend to be in lock step with the President (who was often wrong and led the party down the dark road) while so many Republicans relish the in-fighting within the party and getting nothing really accomplished. This all needs to change. Trump is working his tail off and accomplishing a lot (that can be done without Congress) but there is so much more on the table that need (MUST) be accomplished.

What evidence other than Trump's existence do you have that Trump has influenced it? Growth begets growth. Trump wasn't in office until 2017, so you can't give him credit for the last 17 records of 2016 which means that there was a total of 26 records in the last year of the Obama administration. Your conclusion is almost as laughable as MountainBill's (whatever happened to him?) assertion that the crash of 2008 was prompted by Wall Street panicking because they knew in July that Obama was going to be elected.

This notion that we should be shocked, thrilled, surprised by "record closings" is laughable. Bush had record closings, Obama had them, Trump will have them, Kasich will have them (hoping), and so on and so on.

This notion that we should be shocked, thrilled, surprised by "record closings" is laughable. Bush had record closings, Obama had them, Trump will have them, Kasich will have them (hoping), and so on and so on.

LOL

Do you not think "nothing" is excessive. Just to change the economic thinking gave some impetus. Talk of investment ditto. It is just a damn crime that the media has been so negative. Allow it to grow and it will. It never would have gotten so bad had Obama just stayed out of the way. Reversal of Obama personal damper via the Administrative Laws has added some Impetus.

Nothing is severe. Why did you make the statement? What could have positively been your reasoning? Did it really hurt Trump?
Damned if I know where the last paragraph came from. Not sure it all belongs to me. Show me the original post and I will try to put it into context if possible.

Even before the inauguration, manufacturers came forward to announce investments in jobs and credited Trump. These horse and pony shows were on TV.

Poll is closed.

87.5% gave Trump either an A or B.
6.3% a C
6.3% a F

13 Ways Trump Has Rolled Back Regulations in 100 Days
dailysignal.com/.../11-ways-trump-has-rolled-back-government-regulations-in-his-firs...
Apr 23, 2017 - 13 Ways Trump Has Rolled Back Government Regulations in His First ... The Stream Protection Rule … removed flexibility from mining steps ...

Trump administration cancels hundreds of Obama-era regulations ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../trump...regulations/.../55f501cc-6d68-11e7-96ab-5f...
Jul 20, 2017 - Trump administration cancels hundreds of Obama-eraregulations ... authorized laws, and the White House cannot unilaterally remove them.

Trump signs executive order to help remove 'job-killing regulations ...
abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-signs-executive-order-remove...regulations/story?id...
Feb 24, 2017 - President Trump signed an executive order for regulatoryreform on Friday, directing government agencies to set up task forces to look into ...

Trump executive order seeks to reverse Obama's clean energy - PBS
www.pbs.org/.../trump-executive-order-seeks-reverse-obamas-clean-energy-regulatio...
Mar 27, 2017 - President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday that ... Trump executive order seeks to reverse Obama's clean energyregulations.

Trump Eliminates More Than 800 Obama Regulations - Free Beacon
freebeacon.com/issues/trump-eliminates-800-obama-regulations/
Jul 20, 2017 - The Trump administration has stopped over 800 regulationsproposed under former president ... 16 regs removed for every new rule introduced.

Report: Trump Rolls Back $60 Billion More in Regulatory Savings ...
freebeacon.com/issues/report-trump-rolls-back-60-billion-regulatory-savings/
Apr 20, 2017 - President Trump and Congress have saved an additional $60 billion in ... the administration has removed further regulatory burdens in its first ...

Trump's 'MAGAnomics' Slashes Regulations by the Hundreds ...
https://www.usnews.com/.../trumps-maganomics-slashes-regulations-by-the-hundreds
Jul 20, 2017 - President Donald Trump's regulatory repeal agenda has slashed hundreds of ... "My administration has been laser-focused onremoving the ...

Trump signs bills overturning Obama-era education regulations - LA ...
www.latimes.com/.../la-essential-education-updates-southern-trump-signs-bills-overtur...
Mar 28, 2017 - President Trump on Monday signed a handful of measures rolling back ... Trump signs bills overturning Obama-era educationregulations .... and many were adamant he be removed, according to current and former university ...

Trump Moves to Roll Back Obama-Era Financial Regulations - The ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/.../trump-congress-financial-regulations.html
Feb 3, 2017 - President Trump on Friday moved to chisel away at the Obama administration's legacy on financial regulation, announcing steps to revisit the ...

President Trump Eliminates Job-Killing Regulations | whitehouse.gov
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/.../president-trump-eliminates-job-killing-regulation...
Mar 30, 2017 - “Any regulation that is outdated, unnecessary, bad for workers, or contrary to the national interest will be scrapped.” – Donald J.Trump ...

Trump Signs More Orders Targeting Wall Street Regulations - The ...
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/trump-eo-dodd.../523968/
Apr 21, 2017 - Trump Signs More Orders Targeting Wall Street Regulations... the U.S. government last year to remove the designation; the case is currently in ...

Trump Repeals Regulation Protecting Workers From Wage Theft ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../trump-repeals-regulation-wage-theft_us_58d9408ee4b0...
Mar 27, 2017 - The regulation was meant to ensure that shady employers don't benefit from ... Trump Repeals Regulation Protecting Workers From Wage Theft ....

Trump kills 16 regulations for every new one, crushing 2-for-1 goal
www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-kills-16-regulations-for...one.../2629177
Jul 19, 2017 - President Trump's administration, on orders to kill tworegulations for ... has "withdrawn or removed from active status" 860 regulations so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT