ADVERTISEMENT

Throwing a KSU-WVU game-watching party...

NoleGuy15

Senior
Aug 8, 2011
at my house this weekend. My best friends are from Kansas, and needless to say, we've all been looking forward to this game for a long time now. They're coming over on Saturday and I need some KSU food ideas.

Of course, there will be WVU pepperoni rolls and gold & blue cupcakes (made by yours truly)...but what can I do for KSU? Does KSU have any special tailgate foods or drinks?

Thanks!
party0021.r191677.gif

We usually have themed tailgates. Chicken when we play KU, Beef when we play Texas, etc. What is the best way to cook a Mountaineer? Seriously, we tailgate pretty hard. If your friends went to K-State they will probably drink Coors Light and eat any meat off a grill or smoker. We aren't a difficult crowd to feed.

Thanks chrisle! Unfortunately, my KSU friends are vegetarian, so I don't have to cook a mountaineer! I'm gonna try to find a mixed drink recipe that comes out purple and I guess I'll do some purple KSU cupcakes, too.

I am now on a quest to find purple icing and purple drink recipes! If I am able to pull off a decent-looking KSU cupcake design, I'll post a pic here and dedicate a cupcake to you. If not, just assume my KSU cupcakes came out looking terrible! LOL!

Thanks again!!!

This post was edited on 10/17 7:11 PM by WVULawyerGirl

Vegetarian K-State fans? I think you found a unicorn. I suppose there must be some but I can't think of any I know. Purple icing is hard to find. My wife has tried to make it with food coloring but it usually fades and looks blue. She says the secret is starting with chocolate icing so it is already darker and then adding a ton of purple food coloring.

You could do purple margaritas. i posted a link to a recipe below. If you want to do it cheap you can add a little purple kool aid powder to your margarita mix. it wont really change the flavor much. The only other purple drink I can think of is grape Jell-O shots. That only works if they are young enough or wild enough to do Jell-O shots.

Purple Margaritas

Originally posted by WVULawyerGirl:
Thanks chrisle! Unfortunately, my KSU friends are vegetarian, so I don't have to cook a mountaineer! I'm gonna try to find a mixed drink recipe that comes out purple and I guess I'll do some purple KSU cupcakes, too.

I am now on a quest to find purple icing and purple drink recipes! If I am able to pull off a decent-looking KSU cupcake design, I'll post a pic here and dedicate a cupcake to you. If not, just assume my KSU cupcakes came out looking terrible! LOL!

Thanks again!!!

This post was edited on 10/17 7:11 PM by WVULawyerGirl
Are you sure they are from Kansas? The "Eat Beef" campaign started in Kansas. I remember coming home from school in grade school and saying to mom "Steak again? Can't we have pasta for once?" People in Kansas eat beef nearly every meal.

Coors Light? Dude that's weak!

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the good KSU fans. Should be a very intense and exciting game Saturday night.

I will say this, although they are vegetarians (and I am the biggest meat-eater ever) they are truly awesome people. And if they are any indication of a typical Kansasonian (?), then you have a great state and I would love to meet more of you guys and gals!

Hoping for an injury-free game! And if any of you will be in Florida this weekend, then you are invited as well! C'mon over! But remember, it's my birthday Saturday, so bring lots of gifts!
party0020.r191677.gif

Here's to great friends (both in-person and on message boards) and another rotation around the sun!
party0005.r191677.gif

If Coors Lite is weak, then I don't even want to know what Ron thinks about my fridge! I used to drink Corona, but now, I get those cute 'lil Coronitas. Love 'em.

But yeah, anymore, I am such the lightweight when it comes to adult beverages. Usually, you'll find me drinking a sweet tea or Red Bull over drinky-drinks any day. However, my one exception is an expresso martini. Those are just downright divine.

Yep, adding expresso martinis to the menu on Saturday now.....
party0008.r191677.gif

This cupcake's for you, chrisle! Enjoy! I was able to find purple icing, but my wildcat definitely needs some help!

CEBE8DF1-664F-437C-9E7A-0360846BD3EB-30341-000020E975081723_zpse0082947.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT