ADVERTISEMENT

The Womens World Cup

Just sayin’. Bet you know Jack about tactics, yet you know everything don’t you? I bet you’re fvcking exhausting to be around
Im not the one here trying to pass off the armband as having some kind of special meaning. I know tactics but what does that matter? I am not the one trying to pretend like I am some kind of soccer savant.

julie-ertz-alex-morgan-uswnt_gg1zelfp05h716tkhdvuqrvt8.jpg

My #1 and #2

Im not the one here trying to pass off the armband as having some kind of special meaning. I know tactics but what does that matter? I am not the one trying to pretend like I am some kind of soccer savant.
You’re like a chick I dated in college for two weeks, she knew everything about things she didn’t know too. Only fun after about 5 shots. Cost me way too much

Reactions: WVUBRU
You’re like a chick I dated in college for two weeks, she knew everything about things she didn’t know too. Only fun after about 5 shots. Cost me way too much
Again. Who here is acting like the know it all? Learn the game? Hahahaha.

Ive been watching it for 20 years and it wasnt until this thread I learned the arm band was a revered honor. Learn the game? Hahahaha
Gee, and I though the tv taught us everything we needed to know too

But between those 2, Heath and Horan is the core of the team IMO. After that Id talk about Rapinoe
I’d agree with that

But you're discounting what Rap brings, her vision and creativity are phenomenal

Next you’ll say that the PK taker could be anyone, and it doesn’t matter who the manager chooses to take the penalties during a WC match
Milner is still in the premier league simply because of PKs.
On the US team it could probably be any of 6-8 of them who are the PK takers for their clubs.

Milner is still in the premier league simply because of PKs.
On the US team it could probably be any of 6-8 of them who are the PK takers for their clubs.
Jeez Dave, you’re just trying to annoy me with that mess. Ever seen Milner play LB? His work rate is still incredible, and he is dangerous going forward as well as defense. His calmness on the ball is hard to find.

Penalties are not easy when pressure is on. Cup play is much different than taking a pk during season play (esp in the MLS).

Jeez Dave, you’re just trying to annoy me with that mess. Ever seen Milner play LB? His work rate is still incredible, and he is dangerous going forward as well as defense. His calmness on the ball is hard to find.

Penalties are not easy when pressure is on. Cup play is much different than taking a pk during season play (esp in the MLS).
Milner is good but there is a reason he takes their PKs when he is on the field. He is one of my favorite players but with the talent on that team he isnt a regular for a reason. He still takes every PK that matters though.

I agree cup PKs are high pressure but there are 6-8 ladies who could do it. Rapinoe has the coaches confidence so I dont disagree with giving her the ball.

Milner is good but there is a reason he takes their PKs when he is on the field. He is one of my favorite players but with the talent on that team he isnt a regular for a reason. He still takes every PK that matters though.

I agree cup PKs are high pressure but there are 6-8 ladies who could do it. Rapinoe has the coaches confidence so I dont disagree with giving her the ball.
Good, I thought you were knocking on Milner. Hendo did great a shielding the backline, and with Ox out, Fab, Wini and Keita offer a bit more creating.

Good, I thought you were knocking on Milner. Hendo did great a shielding the backline, and with Ox out, Fab, Wini and Keita offer a bit more creating.
It helps when you have Van Dyke behind you to clean up everything. It reminded me if when Buchanan was at WVU and they almost didnt need a keeper because the ball never got close. Hendo, Ox and all of those guys are grear but before Virgil they were a leaky group too.

I thought Alexander Arnold was pretty key because when he was out they hit their toughest stretch.

Reactions: Boomboom521
It helps when you have Van Dyke behind you to clean up everything. It reminded me if when Buchanan was at WVU and they almost didnt need a keeper because the ball never got close. Hendo, Ox and all of those guys are grear but before Virgil they were a leaky group too.

I thought Alexander Arnold was pretty key because when he was out they hit their toughest stretch.
Well said. I haven’t seen a CB make the impact VVD did on that team since Beckenbauer. Klopp’s midfield formation requires a lot a fluidity among the three. Robertson and TAA were both incredible. Two of the best young FB’s in soccer. They would’ve been even better with Ox healthy. Fab might fit in just as well as Ox fits next season though

Well said. I haven’t seen a CB make the impact VVD did on that team since Beckenbauer. Klopp’s midfield formation requires a lot a fluidity among the three. Robertson and TAA were both incredible. Two of the best young FB’s in soccer. They would’ve been even better with Ox healthy. Fab might fit in just as well as Ox fits next season though
If they get goals outside their front 3 with any regularity they are pretty unstoppable. I think Wini and Origi stepping up when Saleh was hurt proved that.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Join me proudly on COOP's list of commie bastards, Boom......well, he called me a commie (if not specifically a "bastard", which I coincidentally happen to be). Either way, plenty of room up here on this bandwagon [roll]
I’ll introduce myself next time we meet. That’ll solve one of your problems.

If they get goals outside their front 3 with any regularity they are pretty unstoppable. I think Wini and Origi stepping up when Saleh was hurt proved that.
Wini was great in the 2nd leg of Barca, but he can disappear sometimes. I still prefer Bobby over Origi, but O was big for them late. Super sub next season. I was surprised Shaq didn’t get more pt, he can be great as well. A lot of points to not win the PL. depth is incredible

Can’t discount Allison’s impact either

Wini was great in the 2nd leg of Barca, but he can disappear sometimes. I still prefer Bobby over Origi, but O was big for them late. Super sub next season. I was surprised Shaq didn’t get more pt, he can be great as well. A lot of points to not win the PL. depth is incredible

Can’t discount Allison’s impact either
Shaq and Origi were both great when iy mattered against Barca. I was never a huge fan of Origi all year but his goal against Everton and goals against Barca were 3 of the biggest goals all year. I will take Firmino all day. I guess Shaq just got caught up in a numbers game. Sturridge as well. Who sits to give them minutes?

I’ll introduce myself next time we meet. That’ll solve one of your problems.

How so; you gonna run me over in that monster truck of yours.....or, are you going to grab something from that arsenal you're so proud of and just shoot me ?? If it's the latter, let me know so I can remember to wear my Kevlar jock.

Shaq and Origi were both great when iy mattered against Barca. I was never a huge fan of Origi all year but his goal against Everton and goals against Barca were 3 of the biggest goals all year. I will take Firmino all day. I guess Shaq just got caught up in a numbers game. Sturridge as well. Who sits to give them minutes?
I thought Shaq could’ve came on as a false 9 sitting Wini, and playing Hendo and Milner in the middle. But he’s better on the wing. So it would be a switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Bobby falling back and Mo up top. But I think that lessens both Mo and Bobby’s strengths.

Klopp is much smarter than I am.

How so; you gonna run me over in that monster truck of yours.....or, are you going to grab something from that arsenal you're so proud of and just shoot me ?? If it's the latter, let me know so I can remember to wear my Kevlar jock.
I think he was making a your mom is a whore joke (ie you being a bastard, him being daddy).

Reactions: DvlDog4WVU
Shew, nothing worse than people who suck at comedy trying to be funny.

I’ll introduce myself to solve you being a bastard, the implication being I’m your daddy or more crassly put, I fvcked your mother and laid my seed in her.

I have no ill will towards you, why would I want to cause you harm? I drive a large truck because I’m overcompensating for my small Irish penis. I have a lot of guns that I barely shoot anymore because I can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT