ADVERTISEMENT

The inaugural WVU alumni basketball game...

What's the over/under for Truck getting booed? I'll set it at when the PA guy announces him before the game.

Only a small number of idiots went after Truck. He's been back several times and always has fans chasing him around.

I'm glad. He was this decade's Holman Harley. Great talent but inconsistent and it drove people crazy.

He was the escape goat for everything that went bad while he was here.

Only a small number of idiots went after Truck. He's been back several times and always has fans chasing him around.

True story: I gave up my season basketball tickets because the family............ let me type that again......... FAMILY (3 generations)............. who sat in front of me was so despicable and racist towards Truck during the games that I couldn't enjoy myself any longer. All of them, from grandpa to grandson, only referred to Truck as "That n_gger" for the 2009-2012 years that I had my seats. My breaking point was when the whole section demanded they either stop or leave and not return for the next game, and they proceeded to insult complete strangers in the rows around us. Grandpa also referred to Turk as "the terrorist" and would rant all game long about how Huggins was a fool............... but never missed a game?

On a side note, Hot Rob Hundley is/was loved by all of Mountaineer nation, and has his jersey retired at the Coliseum. However, if you actually look at Hundley's stats.................... he and Truck were no different. Only thing that changed was Hot Rod shot the ball 25+ times a game.

True story: I gave up my season basketball tickets because the family............ let me type that again......... FAMILY (3 generations)............. who sat in front of me was so despicable and racist towards Truck during the games that I couldn't enjoy myself any longer. All of them, from grandpa to grandson, only referred to Truck as "That n_gger" for the 2009-2012 years that I had my seats. My breaking point was when the whole section demanded they either stop or leave and not return for the next game, and they proceeded to insult complete strangers in the rows around us. Grandpa also referred to Turk as "the terrorist" and would rant all game long about how Huggins was a fool............... but never missed a game?

On a side note, Hot Rob Hundley is/was loved by all of Mountaineer nation, and has his jersey retired at the Coliseum. However, if you actually look at Hundley's stats.................... he and Truck were no different. Only thing that changed was Hot Rod shot the ball 25+ times a game.

How "shameful". I grew up in a household that used the "N" word and I never understood it. It was an "all white" society but not, most certainly, on the higher end of it. My father was a bigot and I could not embrace it as some sons do and it distanced myself from him. I was just a child but still grew up in that culture. I ended up as a inner city youth counselor while in college and played some ball with some of these kids. I loved them and kept them off the mean streets, hopefully, showing them another path. I don't understand our President now using the term in open dialogue but, then again, I don't understand most of what he does.

fascinating..If I was a racist, a college basketball game would be one of the last places you'd find me.

Hot Rod Hundley remains one of the top three WV basketball players of all time. The other two are Jerry West and Rodney King Thorn. Don't go comparing other players to these three. I don't care what the stats say! The top five would include Ron 'Fritz' Williams and Lee Patrone (The Bomber from Bel Aire) along with the Big Three.

Jay Jacobs would take the bunch of them. Fred Schaus was never able to harness Jay's talent.

Connie Hawkins, Earl "The Goat" Manginault, and Jay Jacobs, were the three greatest, but flawed players of their era. The Hawk liked to gamble, heroin got Earl, and Jay was afflicted by a terrible ice cream addiction.

Stay out of Dairy Queen kids. That stuff they peddle is the gateway to Hell.

Jay Jacobs would take the bunch of them. Fred Schaus was never able to harness Jay's talent.

Connie Hawkins, Earl "The Goat" Manginault, and Jay Jacobs, were the three greatest, but flawed players of their era. The Hawk liked to gamble, heroin got Earl, and Jay was afflicted by a terrible ice cream addiction.

Stay out of Dairy Queen kids. That stuff they peddle is the gateway to Hell.

LOL.

Jay had a deadly two handed set shot at Morgantown HS. And, he beat Patrick Beilein in a 3-point shot contest.

I hate to admit this, but when I played junior high basketball, they were still teaching the two handed set shot as "fundamentals".

If you're from the Charleston area, the now car dealer, Lester Raines, was infamous for heaving up two handed set shots when Coach Romano would give him a couple of clean up minutes at the end of Charleston High blowouts in the early '70's

If Lester touched it past mid-court it was going up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT