ADVERTISEMENT

That Was a Good One

TheRedSon

All-American
Oct 13, 2008
I know that stung... Your team impressed me tonight though. I thought their effort would be much better than it's been the last four weeks, or at least the first three of those four, and it was, but I didn't expect that... Not on a night Landry Jones looked so good for sure. There's no such thing as a moral victory, but your boys did prove tonight that they're not done yet. I was also really surprised and impressed by Holgorsen's game plan and the use of Austin as a running back. He had to have made a run at the Big 12 single game rushing record tonight. That was an incredible individual performance.

I think things are finally looking up for your team again, even with the loss.

I know there was some concern about attendance from you guys before this one. I wanted to let you know it still looked alright on TV. I could tell the top corners on the student side were empty, but only when the camera panned up that way. Otherwise the house looked full.

It was a pretty crazy day all around in the Big 12. Texas comes out of it smelling like a rose without playing a down of football. I still can't believe what Baylor did to Kansas State even though I predicted they'd score 35+. I didn't know their defense was remotely capable of a game like that. I was also impressed with Iowa State. I know Kansas is awful, but I didn't see the Cyclones hanging 50 on anyone.

Originally posted by TheRedSon:
I know that stung... Your team impressed me tonight though. I thought their effort would be much better than it's been the last four weeks, or at least the first three of those four, and it was, but I didn't expect that... Not on a night Landry Jones looked so good for sure. There's no such thing as a moral victory, but your boys did prove tonight that they're not done yet. I was also really surprised and impressed by Holgorsen's game plan and the use of Austin as a running back. He had to have made a run at the Big 12 single game rushing record tonight. That was an incredible individual performance.

I think things are finally looking up for your team again, even with the loss.

I know there was some concern about attendance from you guys before this one. I wanted to let you know it still looked alright on TV. I could tell the top corners on the student side were empty, but only when the camera panned up that way. Otherwise the house looked full.

It was a pretty crazy day all around in the Big 12. Texas comes out of it smelling like a rose without playing a down of football. I still can't believe what Baylor did to Kansas State even though I predicted they'd score 35+. I didn't know their defense was remotely capable of a game like that. I was also impressed with Iowa State. I know Kansas is awful, but I didn't see the Cyclones hanging 50 on anyone.
Surprised the heck out of me. I was expecting a complete blowout. After the game Holgorsen said that they obviously should have put Tavon at running back a few years ago. The bottom line is that with our defense we have to make sure we get the ball last & only allow a few seconds on the clock for the opposing offense (like 3 seconds or less) because otherwise they are going to score and win. It's a shame that we have wasted the season for one of the best players that has ever played at WVU. I'm going to miss Tavon. That guy is fun to watch.

I got to watch part of the OSU/Texas Tech game before heading over to our tailgate. OSU looked really good. Obviously Texas Tech had some distractions heading into the game, but they aren't a bad team. OSU just pounded them on Saturday. As for our crowd, it was pretty pathetic in terms of the turnout. And yes it was mostly students. There were 10,000 empty seats & I'd say about 8,000 of them were in the student section. The rest were mostly from returned Oklahoma tickets that went unsold. I've been complaining for years to take away a couple of sections from the students, but they still haven't done it. It's way too big. Students today have so many other things going on & they only show up when it's convenient for them. There was an article in one of the Michigan papers last week talking about their student section as well & all the empty seats they've had there this year. I guess we're not the only place that has that issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT