ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke with new in-state hoops offer

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Morgantown (W.Va.) 2024 guard Sharron Young told me that getting a scholarship offer from the Mountaineers still feels surreal especially when he picked up the phone and Hall of Fame head coach Bob Huggins was on the other side. He told me that it's taken a lot of hard work to get to this point but he understands that it doesn't end here. Young told me that the direction of the program is exciting right now and everything is first class from the facilities to the coaches. He has a great relationship with the coaching staff and has known some of them since he was a little kid. The coaches have always been open and communicated well with him with coach Ron Everhart being his lead recruiter. The coaches like his defense and toughness on both sides of the ball. He is the type of blue collar player that has had a lot of success in Morgantown over the years. Right now, he is just enjoying the process and taking it day-by-day. He is only a few weeks into his AAU season but told me that he is focused on winning as many games as possible with the Midwest Basketball Club. He told me that obviously he will be back to Morgantown for a visit because it isn't far away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News