ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Spoke with a potential walk-on addition

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Ridgely (Md.) North Caroline 2024 athlete Nasai Bell said that the coaches saw his film during the 2023 season and liked what they saw but things didn't pick up until during his basketball season. He got a preferred walk-on offer in December and has stayed in touch with the coaches since that point. He told me that the coaches sent him a couple dates to visit and he was able to make it this past week to tour the campus and meet with everybody. He told me that since he played both sides of the ball in high school the coaches have said that he could end up on either side although they do like what he bring as a nickel or strong safety. Secondary coach ShaDon Brown has told him that the coaches like his size and athletic ability. On top of the preferred walk-on offer from West Virginia, he has plenty of other offers from a long list of smaller schools such as Ohio, Marist, Charleston, Wayne State, Stevenson, John Carroll and some others. He told me that he has visited several programs but so far West Virginia is the place he likes the most and he wants to make a decision soon. He told me what has really stood out is the fact that the coaches have shown a lot of interest and the atmosphere is great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News