ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer

How can polls be legitimate this time of the year anyway. Marshall number one, defending champions, graduated one player, no portal exits, why not number one starting out, but after 3-4 games a school who wasn’t in the tournament last year and not ranked is in the top 10. The next two games WVU could get stomped on and be all the way out in a week.

Why bother with a poll or put any stock into it. It’s not like people are running out to buy a paper or magazine to read it.
It's all for message board fodder. If not for polls, the King and Slow Head wouldn't have something to argue about during the pre-seasons.

As for Marshall soccer, I really don't follow, like not at all. I just see things posted on the various boards. I did see that Marshall has had a couple key players have to sit out due to getting red cards. Assuming a red card is like a targeting call in college football, and when you receive one, you must sit out the next game. Have no idea who the key players are, and couldn't name a single player, coach, or anything else on the Herd soccer team, or any other soccer team around the world.

Hard to believe that this board has devolved into a soccer smack board. Personally I have never watched a soccer game at any level and don't give a rat's ass about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
Hard to believe that this board has devolved into a soccer smack board. Personally I have never watched a soccer game at any level and don't give a rat's ass about it.
it just got that way because the herd won the championship......it's the only thing that they can remotely compare themselves to WVU with......of course having said that the national champs aren't even the state champs.......but this is all irrelevant because it's soccer

it just got that way because the herd won the championship......it's the only thing that they can remotely compare themselves to WVU with......of course having said that the national champs aren't even the state champs.......but this is all irrelevant because it's soccer
Someday you boys may actually win something of note to justify this false bravado! But the Terps made sure it won't be this year!

Someday you boys may actually win something of note to justify this false bravado! But the Terps made sure it won't be this year!
2 int's a fumble and a muffed punt....instead of scoring 7 they wound up giving up 10...end of story..no ifs ands or buts....that'll do it every time

2 int's a fumble and a muffed punt....instead of scoring 7 they wound up giving up 10...end of story..no ifs ands or buts....that'll do it every time
If you boys don't beat VPI in Morgantown looking down the barrel of a sub .500 season ,IMHO! I guess the fire" Brown" banners will be on full display but I like him as a coach, HOGO left him with a dumpster fire!

^^^ should have gone with the 'refs screwed us' excuse. I've always liked that one the best, which is right up there with hard rims at the Civic Center.

If you boys don't beat VPI in Morgantown looking down the barrel of a sub .500 season ,IMHO! I guess the fire" Brown" banners will be on full display but I like him as a coach, HOGO left him with a dumpster fire!
the qb play left something to be desired also but the turnovers did it

Terps deserve all the credit for man-handling WVU. This is to be expected when going up against a B1G program, even if it happens to be the 12th or 13th best the B1G has to offer.

The only thing about the series played in Charleston was most games were called on a middle school level. They called every touch foul they saw. Both teams were in the bonus 75% of the game. Neither team could get into a rhythm.

Someday Marahall might beat WVU to justify all this lip-smacking cockgobbling but it won't be this year.

Let's get back to the title of this thread...SOCCER.....Friday night....
Huntington....Showdown!

Huntington....Showdown!
It's a big game for both teams but probably meaningless in the grand scheme since both teams are probably tourney bound.

Huntington....Showdown!
nothing to see here really....if WVU wins then "hell they were ranked ahead of us anyway" and if marshla wins......"State Champs!!!!!!...let's buy more rings!!"

I have no idea who will win that game, but can predict the score will probably be 1-0 or 1-1 tie.

The fact that you think I would care who wins or loses this game speaks volumes about just how comically retarded you are.
The fact that you said it's a big game for both teams speaks volumes about just how comically retarded YOU are.

The fact that you said it's a big game for both teams speaks volumes about just how comically retarded YOU are.
Playing a top 10 team isn't a big game for both teams? Both teams coaches are from the same roots and coach similar style.

Maybe my problem is that I know more than you.

Who won the futball game? Pretty damn amazing that WV has two of the top six teams in the country. Especially in a sport more popular in other countries than here.

Three months later, and the Herd is back to #1.
Number 2 in West Virginia and number 2 in CUSA.

Is it fair to say that Marshall is running from WVU to another conference just because WVU was joining?

Certainty if this rolls were reversed that is what MU posters would be ripping on WVU and getting out the chicken costumes.

Number 2 in West Virginia and number 2 in CUSA.

Is it fair to say that Marshall is running from WVU to another conference just because WVU was joining?

Certainty if this rolls were reversed that is what MU posters would be ripping on WVU and getting out the chicken costumes.
Stay tuned sidewinder. We're not running away. We're leading the way. Still ranked higher than wv.
I think you'll see dem eers follow the Herd to the Belt. After all, who'd want to stay in low tier CUSA?

Stay tuned sidewinder. We're not running away. We're leading the way. Still ranked higher than wv.
I think you'll see dem eers follow the Herd to the Belt. After all, who'd want to stay in low tier CUSA?
Lower tiered CUSA?

Stay tuned moron. We won't be in the sun belt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT