ADVERTISEMENT

So a one and done at South Carolina, huh?

Let's just shut this board down and admit the truth:

WVU=Greatness
P5 school with $40M+ in annual revenue.
Tough schdules in both FB & BB.
3 BCS trophies and multiple Sweet 16's, Elite 8's, and Final 4.
Excellant facilities, especially now with major upgrades (and now we have an elite Baseball Field)

Moo U=mediocre
None of the above....and broke ass broke.

Excellant .

That's a Walmart wvu shirt you have on, huh?

2C5952D5-3D75-4653-8113-0D23A4434CE6_zpsff1fpiyh.jpg

Reactions: TIREPUNK
wvu is getting priced out of the buy game world as I warned. What's the most you guys have ever paid an opponent to come to The Puss?

This is exactly what I told you guys in the thread started by one of you hillbillies suggesting giving Marshall a "big payout" every other year for the series to be all in Morgantown, why take a big payout every other year when we could get one every year playing a similar, or better, opponent?
LOL. Priced out huh? LOL.

The part that despite all your money, you're are cheap and have never paid anyone $1.4MM to play a game in the hole. Have you guys even paid a million before? I know you paid Nevada $750k a few years ago.

The price to buy these games is going up rapidly. Better budget for it.
The fact that someone who claims to be in the money business and then arrogantly makes such an ignorant comment is an indictment on a Marshall education and the mentality of Marshall fans that has held them down for so long.

And still5-0, why would we have to do 2-3 buy games at $1.4MM apiece to make up $900k in lost TV revenue?
Because your budget us already so low it is pathetic and the status quo will land you in FCS. Money games are the only potential income increase out there for a program with your lack of success, history and lack of good leadership.

Georgia Southern's $850k biggest payout yet by West Virginia ...2015

For West Virginia, it tops the previous high-dollar mark of $775,000 paid to Bowling Green in 2011.

---

WVU received a $2.3 million guarantee for playing James Madison University at FedEx in 2012

West Virginia and Alabama each were guaranteed $3.2 million when they played...2014

The Mountaineers will receive $2.45 million for BYU game...2016

WVU a guaranteed sum of $2.5 million for playing the game vs VT in 2017

so....... that's $10M for FOUR games... lol

Last edited:

For West Virginia, it tops the previous high-dollar mark of $775,000 paid to Bowling Green in 2011.

---

WVU received a $2.3 million guarantee for playing James Madison University at FedEx in 2012

West Virginia and Alabama each were guaranteed $3.2 million when they played...2014

Aw now daggone it, you really shouldn't have busted the Herdiots bubble when they were all giddy about proving how big time they are by signing a play for pay deal with South Carolina.

Nice game, as well as 1.4 Million in the pocket. As we've previously stated, if we're going to do one and dones, then we'll play a team with a recognizable name. We don't need you, don't want you. Not to mention, a game against the Ears hurts our SOS. Good riddance, Ears.
Tools are gonna tool..
Must get some sort of recognition within Milan Puskar Stadium when these renovations are done. IMO he is worthy to be up there with Rodgers and Huff

Rich Rodriguez? Maybe we could get little RR shaped urinal cakes to honor him as well.

What the hell does this sentence even mean? I'm seriously thinking that you and twiggy are one and the same person, simply sharing two profiles. There's no way two different people could present themselves as that big of a moron. I know most of you WVU fans that post on this board lack severely in intelligence, but the two of you put it on display at a much higher level.
You mean like all 3 of your "personality disorders"..the MOO gang..

Add "mlblack16" or however he caps it. The numbskull created a lot of his accounts in 2007 for future use. He's easier to spot than a two dollar whore on a Saturday night.

Hey guys, it's not like Marshall is a cheap whore when they deal with P5's, they do have a price that makes them feel better about whoring themselves out.

What the hell does this sentence even mean? I'm seriously thinking that you and twiggy are one and the same person, simply sharing two profiles. There's no way two different people could present themselves as that big of a moron. I know most of you WVU fans that post on this board lack severely in intelligence, but the two of you put it on display at a much higher level.
Than verses that. It was a typo. You want to question someone's intelligence look at the fellow that posted schedule smack with MVU at #236 or attendance at 48%. Truly no one on here has started as many utterly stupid threads as you. So who is the moron? The guy who talks baseball smack when his team is 0-2 verses WVU and is staring back at you in the mirror.

Add "mlblack16" or however he caps it. The numbskull created a lot of his accounts in 2007 for future use. He's easier to spot than a two dollar whore on a Saturday night.

Uh, ok?

I've posted under this account name since whenever herd nation became a rivals board. Prior to that, it was black16, which I would have continued to use, but something happened with the board migration to Rivals and I had to create a whole new account and username.

---

That is 50 years of being in CUSA for one team IF the payout isn't lowered again.

basic math and just what he said...

it would take the moooooooo 50 years to make what WVU will make in those four games...

baka

You're comparing what wvu receives for neutral site games and/or away games with what Marshall's television contract is?

Do you know what "apples and oranges" refers to, moron?

Go back to posting play-by-play for games that nobody gives a shit about since they access that info, in a better and easier way, with a few clicks of the mouse.

apples & oranges...lol

it's a $$$ to $$$ comparison... $200,000 X 50 years = $10M

you just beIN an idiot... again...

Well, the MAC deal with ESPN runs through 2023, so you should still be able to find it if ESPN stays in business.

And still5-0, why would we have to do 2-3 buy games at $1.4MM apiece to make up $900k in lost TV revenue?

old buzzard, name the teams that you can do buy games with that offer more than Marshall from a SOS perspective, offer more and you can get for less.

Poor banker, I would think you'd be better with a balance sheet.

Making up for the lost TV revenue doesn't come close to getting you in the black.

Poor banker, I would think you'd be better with a balance sheet.

Making up for the lost TV revenue doesn't come close to getting you in the black.
The MVU crowd is in denial. They have no idea that multiple buy in games will be necessary to keep them afloat. But kudos to their administration for taking steps to sure up their balance sheets. A side note: Colombia is brutal in the early season, hot and humid. But they have great fans. They brought the biggest away crowd I have ever seen to Morgantown.

apples & oranges...lol

it's a $$$ to $$$ comparison... $200,000 X 50 years = $10M

you just beIN an idiot... again...

You're trying to talk smack about how much wvu earns in neutral/away games compared with Marshall's take from tv deals. That makes no sense.

A logical attempt would look at what Marshall makes from their neutral/away games.

Moron.

You're trying to talk smack about how much wvu earns in neutral/away games compared with Marshall's take from tv deals. That makes no sense.

A logical attempt would look at what Marshall makes from their neutral/away games.

Moron.

A more logical thing to look at would be if you consider that WVU's share of the Big 12 TV rights equates to more than 3 million dollars every time we take the field. Marshall gets $200 thousand for the entire year from CUSA. I'm glad for the Herd that in a year or two they will collect a big paycheck for providing South Carolina a home game. It's sad to see how giddy you Herdiots are for inking a deal that pays half of what we get EVERY TIME WE PUT OUR TEAM ON THE FIELD. It only serves to prove how small time you still are.

A more logical thing to look at would be if you consider that WVU's share of the Big 12 TV rights equates to more than 3 million dollars every time we take the field. Marshall gets $200 thousand for the entire year from CUSA. .

You need to tell that to your fellow moron. He is the one who made the comparison between two entirely different things.

He also was discussing paydays for neutral/away games. So, in order to stay consistent with the same comparison, we need to look at what Marshall gets paid in their neutral/away games OOC.

You need to tell that to your fellow moron. He is the one who made the comparison between two entirely different things.

He also was discussing paydays for neutral/away games. So, in order to stay consistent with the same comparison, we need to look at what Marshall gets paid in their neutral/away games OOC.

WVU gets more than 3 million dollars every time they take the field. That is consistent. Marshall has been relegated to hoping that someone somewhere will throw a bunch of money their way to have the Herd come in and do a one and done. That's the way it is, that's the way it's going to be. WVU is one of the haves, Marshall is one of the have-nots. Get used to it little brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT