ADVERTISEMENT

Smoking some pork ribs for dinner tomorrow...questions...

Nedhaze

All-Conference
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I have a dry rub ready to put on them tonight and I am throwing them on the grill/smoker before kickoff tomorrow (don't worry, I am starting the chili at 6 AM for a noon kickoff...) to be ready by 6 PM...

So, should I marinate them in anything before, or just put the dry rub on them tonight before I put them in the smoker (4-zone gas grill with some tinfoil containers for wood chips (I have mesquite chips and big chunks of pecan from a neighbor's tree...), water-filler container to put the ribs over (on a cooking rack) and other stuff). I made my own rub up with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, chili powder, white pepper, black pepper, sea salt, oregano and parsley (both dried and ground up), cinnamon, brown sugar, and mustard powder. It smells pretty good, but I would like my first "rib smoking" to be a success...

Recommendations wanted, please.....

(I thought about marinating them in Goya Ginger Beer or some Sam Adams for a few hours, but am not sure).

No need to marinade. Low and slow is key. Make sure to remove the membrane from the ribs and if you have difficulty keeping the dry rub on, you can always use yellow mustard applied lightly and directly to ribs before the rub (gives the rub something to which to adhere).

Originally posted by Nedhaze:

Recommendations wanted, please.....
Skip the f**kin salad.

laugh.r191677.gif

No need to marinate ribs prior to smoking. Good to apply the dry rub the night before.

A buddy of mine marinates his ribs in apple juice. I've never tried it but he swears by it.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT