ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question

Marshall knows they can't beat a top 10 team but, perhaps, once a millennium if the stars align. They know this. Their futility is documented (look at the 100 year record of MU/WVU). Therefore, why bother? They get their occasional little exposure beating up on, basically, D1A teams, but must win them all to even be considered. Seriously, I can't imagine starting a season knowing you had to be perfect to even get minimal exposure......a lot of pressure. If they played a man's schedule, they'd get the exposure of the Washington Generals versus the Globetrotters every week. That would be bad for business. They'd lose 14mm instead of 7mm per year. That would be catastrophic.

Marshall knows they can't beat a top 10 team but, perhaps, once a millennium if the stars align. They know this. Their futility is documented (look at the 100 year record of MU/WVU). Therefore, why bother? They get their occasional little exposure beating up on, basically, D1A teams, but must win them all to even be considered. Seriously, I can't imagine starting a season knowing you had to be perfect to even get minimal exposure......a lot of pressure. If they played a man's schedule, they'd get the exposure of the Washington Generals versus the Globetrotters every week. That would be bad for business. They'd lose 14mm instead of 7mm per year. That would be catastrophic.
They definitely have a very cowardly existence

Man! You sure know a lot about Marshall!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT