ADVERTISEMENT

Sara Carter: Dossier was used for FISA warrant

The unverified dossier alleging connections between President Trump’s campaign and the Russians was used as evidence by the FBI to gain approval from a secret court to monitor members of Trump’s team, this reporter has learned.

A large portion of the evidence presented in the salacious 35-page dossier put together by former British spy Christopher Steele, has either been proven wrong or remains unsubstantiated. However, the FBI gained approval nevertheless to surveil members of Trump’s campaign and “it’s outrageous and clearly should be thoroughly investigated,” said a senior law enforcement source, with knowledge of the process.

Multiple sources told this reporter that the dossier was used along with other evidence to obtain the warrant from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, known as FISC. The sources also stressed that there will be more information in the coming week regarding systemic “FISA abuse.”

“(The dossier) certainly played a role in obtaining the warrant,” added another senior U.S. official, with knowledge of the dossier. “Congress needs to look at the FBI officials who were handling this case and see what, if anything, was verified in the dossier. I think an important question is whether the FBI payed anything to the source for the dossier.”

On Wednesday, Sean Hannity said he has also independently confirmed that the dossier was used to obtain the FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) warrant from three separate sources.

Washington Post revealed that Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign paid the now embattled research firm Fusion GPS to fund the research into the dossier. Marc E. Elias, who was a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC allegedly retained Fusion GPS, but the campaign failed to disclose those payments on its finance records.

In April, CNN reported that the dossier was used to monitor communications of Carter Page, who volunteered as a national security advisor with the Trump campaign for a short period of time. But in December, a New York Times story seemed to suggest that the inquiry into the Trump campaign and its alleged ties to Russia began with George Papadopoulos, who worked as a foreign policy advisor to Trump campaign.

Sources told the New York Times that it was Papadopoulos’ conversation with a Australian diplomat at London bar in May 2016 that caught the attention of the FBI.

“Now that the dirt has spilled on the dossier, it looks like some officials are trying to deflect by saying the inquiry began with Papadopoulos,” said the senior law enforcement official.

Reactions: atlkvb
Is there a WVU game on? 1.5 hrs and not a single liberal response.

THE and I be like this tonight:

giphy.gif

I'm correcting myself on one thing, and now it makes sense.

The DNC/Clinton campaign-funded dossier used to obtain Trump FISA "Search Query Authority". No Title III warrants were requested nor obtained.

“Along with other evidence”, is a pretty substantial statement in this report. I also did not see one actual source listed. Not to say that doesn’t mean the substance of the report isn’t true. Just that all of you circle jerk buddies bash the hell out of any report that fails to name sources in its accusations.

I’m not sure about this dossier and why Obama and the deep state would pin EVERYTHING on it. I do know that Steele was considered a reliable source by the CIA (or at least I read that when the dossier first came out).

If it was used as evidence to obtain the FISA, I’d hope it was not the sole piece of evidence that convinced a federal judge to issue the warrant.

Who was the judge that issued the FISA?

“Along with other evidence”, is a pretty substantial statement in this report. I also did not see one actual source listed. Not to say that doesn’t mean the substance of the report isn’t true. Just that all of you circle jerk buddies bash the hell out of any report that fails to name sources in its accusations.

I’m not sure about this dossier and why Obama and the deep state would pin EVERYTHING on it. I do know that Steele was considered a reliable source by the CIA (or at least I read that when the dossier first came out).

If it was used as evidence to obtain the FISA, I’d hope it was not the sole piece of evidence that convinced a federal judge to issue the warrant.

It doesnt really matter if there was other evidence used if they used unvetted or false information.

The Judge is thought to be the one that just recently recused hisself.

There was a reason the FISA was originally denied. What they originally had wasn’t enough. The Dossier put them over the top. “The other evidence” is what wasn’t originally enough...I.e. PapaD in a bar with the Australian diplomat.

The Judge is thought to be the one that just recently recused hisself.

There was a reason the FISA was originally denied. What they originally had wasn’t enough. The Dossier put them over the top. “The other evidence” is what wasn’t originally enough...I.e. PapaD in a bar with the Australian diplomat.
Basically one thing was partially confirmed.
How bout what was proven....Carter Page went to Russia, but they don’t know who or what he did while there.
I’m just waiting to see. If this type of thing (along with some white collar crime) are all Mueller comes up with in the end. I won’t vote for any Dem on the ticket in 2018.

Reactions: wvu2007
How bout what was proven....Carter Page went to Russia, but they don’t know who or what he did while there.
I’m just waiting to see. If this type of thing (along with some white collar crime) are all Mueller comes up with in the end. I won’t vote for any Dem on the ticket in 2018.

Dog's statement is from McCabe's recent testimony, so a month old at most. Realize, between this and the transition emails that Mueller had no right to, there is a lot of room for fruit from the poison tree - anything acquired from them (including unmasked communications), and derived from that, can't be used. So even if they found something, which I'm fairly certain they didn't or Strozk would've leaked it, odds are they couldn't prosecute.

He's going to be left with nothing but white collar crimes. The Flynn plea deal practically told you jokers this, but you didn't listen.

Wow! I applaud this response.

Honest question for you. Does this not at all seem plausible to you? From where I sit, and I’ll admit I’m biased, but from where I sit, it seems so much more plausible than the narrative originally spun by the left. I say that precisely because 9-10 months into the investigation Comey was stating under oath the President wasn’t under investigation, followed by months of people on the left stating they hadn’t yet seen any evidence of collusion.

Assuming Sara Carter’s reporting is true that this was the catalyst for the FISA. Throw in the ties of Strozk (deputy dir of counter-intel) and Ohr (wife worked the Fusion Steele Dossier) likely working a coordinated effort.

It just seems like with the actions undertaken by the FBI to sideline these guys once the IG uncovered their stuff that something very much stinks. Does this mean Obama or Hillary knew and coordinated it? Absolutely not. Does it seem like some overzealous FBI agents “trumped” up the ability for the Obama administration and HRC to take advantage of their actions? Absolutely. I doubt Comey even had a full picture of the bullshit, though Priestap likely did. We’ve heard nothing about him (me thinks he is cooperating) in the media.

I don’t know, decide for yourself, but I think a couple of FBI agents were dirty as hell and upon finding out. Upon finding out about it, they were going to quietly make this go away, but there were too many agents with integrity not willing to let this slide and started leaking to shed light. From there it took on a life of its own and uncovered a lot more connections and corruption.

Link

Mueller has an uphill battle.
Unnamed sources!!!!!

I'm betting we'll find out in time, but even your linked blog states, "was used along with other evidence". They had the DNC hack, the drunken boast, etc. Declassify the FISA. Problem solved.

Dog's statement is from McCabe's recent testimony, so a month old at most. Realize, between this and the transition emails that Mueller had no right to, there is a lot of room for fruit from the poison tree - anything acquired from them (including unmasked communications), and derived from that, can't be used. So even if they found something, which I'm fairly certain they didn't or Strozk would've leaked it, odds are they couldn't prosecute.

He's going to be left with nothing but white collar crimes. The Flynn plea deal practically told you jokers this, but you didn't listen.
I disagree. ANYTHING coming from this investigation would be poison because the investigation is predicated on poison. The only exception are things that would be discovered regardless of the investigation, which could theoretically be White Collar, but I think that would be fought like crazy.

I said earlier, I think Mueller will layoff that stuff so even if there is something, he won’t chase it just to be able to preserve it.

Unnamed sources!!!!!

I'm betting we'll find out in time, but even your linked blog states, "was used along with other evidence". They had the DNC hack, the drunken boast, etc. Declassify the FISA. Problem solved.
Lol

Wow! I applaud this response.

Honest question for you. Does this not at all seem plausible to you? From where I sit, and I’ll admit I’m biased, but from where I sit, it seems so much more plausible than the narrative originally spun by the left. I say that precisely because 9-10 months into the investigation Comey was stating under oath the President wasn’t under investigation, followed by months of people on the left stating they hadn’t yet seen any evidence of collusion.

Assuming Sara Carter’s reporting is true that this was the catalyst for the FISA. Throw in the ties of Strozk (deputy dir of counter-intel) and Ohr (wife worked the Fusion Steele Dossier) likely working a coordinated effort.

It just seems like with the actions undertaken by the FBI to sideline these guys once the IG uncovered their stuff that something very much stinks. Does this mean Obama or Hillary knew and coordinated it? Absolutely not. Does it seem like some overzealous FBI agents “trumped” up the ability for the Obama administration and HRC to take advantage of their actions? Absolutely. I doubt Comey even had a full picture of the bullshit, though Priestap likely did. We’ve heard nothing about him (me thinks he is cooperating) in the media.

I don’t know, decide for yourself, but I think a couple of FBI agents were dirty as hell and upon finding out. Upon finding out about it, they were going to quietly make this go away, but there were too many agents with integrity not willing to let this slide and started leaking to shed light. From there it took on a life of its own and uncovered a lot more connections and corruption.
Just based on some stuff I read a while back I wont be shocked to find out that one of the NY federal prosecutors offices played a roll in all this. They forced Comeys hand with the Abedin Johnny Danger emails and ultimately got the rank and file behind them which helped unravel it. That could be fantasy on the net too granted because there are good storytellers on the net but I found it interesting and plausible and I will wait to see if there is anything to it.

Just based on some stuff I read a while back I wont be shocked to find out that one of the NY federal prosecutors offices played a roll in all this. They forced Comeys hand with the Abedin Johnny Danger emails and ultimately got the rank and file behind them which helped unravel it. That could be fantasy on the net too granted because there are good storytellers on the net but I found it interesting and plausible and I will wait to see if there is anything to it.
I mean with Strozk and Ohr being clearly corrupted, you don’t think there are hardline conservatives in the Bureau that want to balance this out and set the record straight? Presuming of course the IG report is going to be as damning as most think it will be. You think those guys aren’t going to leak info? Please.

Unnamed sources!!!!!

But didn’t you tell me today that the testimony proved the Dossier being a catalyst was all bullshit? I’m sure I can look it up to be sure...hahaha

I mean with Strozk and Ohr being clearly corrupted, you don’t think there are hardline conservatives in the Bureau that want to balance this out and set the record straight? Presuming of course the IG report is going to be as damning as most think it will be. You think those guys aren’t going to leak info? Please.

I had heard Hannity on radio last fall before the election stating low-level FBI had contacted him saying shady crap was going on on the seventh floor. I don't even think it had to be hard right agents, just clean.

Obviously someone is leaking some things.

Obviously someone is leaking some things.
I watched Sara Carter on Hannity tonight. High level DOJ and CONGRESSIONAL sources. Hannity said he got it as well from 2 High level congressmen and 1 high level DOJ person. Shockingly, there were 2 Congressmen sitting there. Both pleading for leadership to release the FISA docs. Hahahaha

I watched Sara Carter on Hannity tonight. High level DOJ and CONGRESSIONAL sources. Hannity said he got it as well from 2 High level congressmen and 1 high level DOJ person. Shockingly, there were 2 Congressmen sitting there. Both pleading for leadership to release the FISA docs. Hahahaha

It's going to come out. Sara the blogger *snort* hasn't been wrong yet.

But didn’t you tell me today that the testimony proved the Dossier being a catalyst was all bullshit? I’m sure I can look it up to be sure...hahaha
As a catalyst for the investigation. Even the unnamed sources in the linked blog didn't refer to the dossier as the "catalyst" for the FISA warrant, which is what I thought this thread was about. Look it up though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT